SCDA- Lime Rock Park- Track Day Event- Oct. 9thLime Rock Park
About this event
Lime Rock Park October 9th, 2023
High Performance Driver Education Event
All Experience Level Track Drivers Welcome
. Featured Marque: $40 Discount for Mercedes drivers
Join SCDA, a leader in HPDE since 1995, for a High Performance Driver Education Track Day at Lime Rock Park in 2023.
This event is open for new and experienced track drivers. Our focus is on safety, education, and quality track time to help you be your best while having fun.
- 4 Sessions on Track
- Open to drivers of ALL skill levels
- $40 Discount for MERCEDES drivers
- Muffled event with a 88db sound limit
- Rental Spec Miatas are available for this event
- Early-Bird Special: Save $30 by registering one month or more prior to the event
- Lime Rock Park full day entry fee is $399 until 9/9/23
- Novice entry fee is $599 and includes In car Instruction, Virtual Classroom, Corner Observers, Instructor Lead-Shadow upon request
Sound Restrictions: Please note that cars will need to be MUFFLED to 88dB at all Lime Rock Park track events unless otherwise expressed.
RUN GROUPS AVAILABLE on Monday, October 9th:
- NOVICE: The Green Group. (Newer track drivers with no experience to limited experience, typically novice drivers spend about 5 events in the novice group. Instructors are required and will be provided for In car instruction. If desired or uncomfortable with in-car instruction depending on COVID-19, lead shadow w/ radio communication is available )
- INTERMEDIATE 1: The Blue Run Group. (Must have prior experience driving solo without an instructor, at least 5 events driving solo)
- INTERMEDIATE 2: The White Run Group. (Must have considerable road course experience and at least 20 track events)
- ADVANCED: The Red Run Group. (Highest level- years of track experience)- PASSING anywhere with a REQUIRED point-by.
Run Group Criteria:
See the comprehensive Run Group Criteria here. If you are unsure which group is the best fit, please email after registering.
SCDA Lime Rock Park event entry fees are $429 retail for a single day
*Pay only $399 if you register before Sept. 9th
SCDA Lime Rock Park NOVICE driver entry fees are $599 retail for a single day
*Pay only $569 for Novice entries if you register before Sept. 9th
- Download the Lime Rock Full Day Schedule for: 10/9
- Click Here for track information on the Lime Rock Park facility
Please CONTINUE to Register:
The Sports Car Driving Association welcomes all driving enthusiasts to attend our events. In the interest of clarification, we would like to outline the basic criteria that should be met, in order to place you in the appropriate run group. We make every effort to ensure that drivers are placed in run groups with other drivers of comparable experience levels. This will ensure that run groups are balanced, safe and fun. This guideline is meant to serve as a tool to help you decide where you would fit in best within SCDA.
Sound Limit at this event: 88db
Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement as it is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit. We cannot issue any refunds or credits.
Helmets with a SNELL SA-2015 rating or higher is REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.
Helmets may be available to rent for $50 upon request, limited sizes and rentals are available, PLEASE CHECK FIRST. If you are not able to get one prior to event, email us approximate size and we will add a helmet to your entry and charge $50 to card on file.
For safety reasons, all convertibles (Boxster, Miata, Corvette, BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice etc.) are required to have a roll bar that meets the following two criteria in order to be eligible to run during any event. 1) The roll bar must be in the fixed position and visible at all times. This means that roll bars which are designed to automatically deploy are not acceptable unless they are in the full upright and locked position at all times. 2) The roll bar must allow the driver to pass the “broomstick” test which means that the top of the drivers helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll bar to the top of the windshield. There are aftermarket roll bars and/or seats which can be used to help meet these requirements. If your convertible meets these standards, then you are welcome to participate! Factory hard tops are acceptable at most tracks, as well.
See the SCDA Convertible Policy page
TECH INSPECTION FORM:
Self Tech. A dealer or certified mechanic is recommended. Please review the tech form.
Download SCDA- Tech Inspection Form