About this event
BE PART OF THE ACTION AT BLACKHAWK FARMS!!
Come test your skills at the SCCA Chicago Region Time Trials at Blackhawk Farms. This is a Level One event that takes place on the Saturday afternoon of the region's Fall Sprints races. It is a timed event for advanced and intermediate drivers in eligible vehicles. Come to drive, and stay to watch some wheel-to-wheel racing!
The fee is $195 for SCCA members for three 20-minute sessions. It's $215 for nonmembers, which includes a weekend membership that can be applied to a full SCCA membership. Not a member yet? Join now.
Transponders: Competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.
8:00 AM - 10 AM Check-in
10:30 AM Mandatory drivers' meeting
Approx. 11:00 AM On track for first session
Licenses: Although an SCCA Time Trials license is not required, we are urging everyone who registers to get one. Visit the Time Trials "Driver Eligibility and Licenses" page of SCCA.com to apply. We will accept Time Trials licenses from other organizations. If you have one, please bring it with you when you check in at the event.
Safety Equipment: Requirements follow Level One requirements as outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Safety Rules.
Vehicle Eligibility: Chicago Region Time Trial events are geared toward experienced drivers in licensed, streetable cars. The TT in a Race Weekend events are not designed as a test-and-tune for race cars nor as a way to get more seat time for race drivers seeking to learn a track. Drivers or cars running in the race weekend are not eligible for this event. Please consult the Race Weekend organizers for Test Day availability.
Before you sign up, please make sure your driving resumé on MotorsportReg is up-to-date so that we can confirm that you are an intermediate or advanced driver.
See you there!
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level 1 Time Trial (TT) October 7, 2023 at Blackhawk Farms, South Beloit, IL
- Member, pre-registered: $195
- Nonmember, pre-registered (includes $20 weekend membership): $215
- Event-Day Registration (at the track): $25 additional
- Transponder Rental: $30 or register your own
This Level 1 Time Trial (TT), Sanction No. 23-TTTA-61478, 10/7/2023 at Blackhawk Farms, South Beloit, IL, is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-track-events - "Track Event Rules."
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Chief Steward: George Laws
Chief Registrar: Heather Ingraham
The registrar for this event is
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Entry fees for SCCA Members:
Pre-Registered At the Track Weekend Membership* Transponder Rental
$195 $220 $20 $30
- *Membership: All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
- Drivers: All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by their state of residence. Minor Drivers: Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver on file with the National SCCA office. Instructions for Digital Annual Waivers are available here. The document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
- Tech Sheets and Helmets: All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and a helmet meeting current certifications at registration before the event. A limited number of loaner (SCCA) or rental helmets (Autobahn) may be available.
- Transponders: Transponders will be available for rent for $30 each, and they may be picked up at registration. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles.
- Car Numbers: All registrants are STRONGLY encouraged to have car numbers clearly visible to track workers -- from a distance, and at speed -- on both sides of the car. Typically, this means numbers should be 6" to 8" tall and in a color contrasting with your vehicle's body color. Is the number you want available? If it's available in MSR when you sign up for the event, then yes, it's available!
- All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and helmet to registration at the event.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2023):
- Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — May 20
- Early discount expires 11:59 PM CDT --- June 30
- Online registration closes 9:59 AM CDT — October 7
- Registration and transponder rental 8:00 AM to 10 AM
- Mandatory drivers meeting 10:00 AM
- On track activities commence Approx. 10:30 AM
- Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All registrants will be given car number stickers, which must be placed on the upper area of the windshield of all participating vehicles.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless pre-approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2010 or better helmet. Loaner helmets may be available at the event.
- All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.