About this event
Everyone is welcome!
PLEAE READ ALL EVENT DETAILS PRIOR TO REGISTERING.
If you're not an SCCA member, you must purchase a weekend membership that is included in your registration fee.
Come join South Bend Region for a fun, challenging day of Solo at Tire Rack's tire testing facility. Fun course designs. Novice program for beginners.
Preregister here, and save!
SCCA Members: $37.50in advance, $55 on-site
Non-SCCA Members: $50 in advance, $60 on-site
(Non-SCCA registration includes a weekend SCCA membership)
Registration questions: Susan Miller. 269-364-3237 or email Siouxjr@comcast.net
Site opens: 7:30 AM
Registration: 8:00-9:00 AM
No registrations taken after 9:00 AM!
Tech Inspection 8:00-9:15 AM
Novice Meeting: 9:30 AM
Driver’s Meeting: 10:00 AM
First Car Off: 10:30 AM
. NOTE: lunch break will be 1/2 hour. Please plan accordingly, by bringing a lunch. Latecomers arriving after the break will forfeit runs.
It is expected that all participants be at their work stations or in grid ready to drive, at the announced time at the conclusion of the lunch break.
You'll need a safe car, seat belts, an approved helmet (Snell 2010 or newer). There will be loaner helmets available on site, but we can not guarantee that we will have enough to supply everyone without a helmet.
Earn points for the following South Bend Region Series Championships
- All SCCA car classes for the 2023 Solo II Regional Class Championships
- Novice Class Championship (scored on the 2023 PAX/RTP Index.)
- Tire Rack Championships and class awards are available to SBR MEMBERS who run three or more events in the 2023 series.
Basic Event Guidelines and Safety
- A valid drivers license is required in order to participate, please bring driver's license with you to registration. Temporary permits are allowed if parent/guardian remains present while driving.
- All vehicles must pass safety inspection on the following points prior to running: working seat belts, throttle return action, secure battery, driver's floormat removed, no oil or antifreeze leaks, adequate brake pedal and fluid,adequate tire condition, tie-rods, and wheel bearings. Please have numbers/letters on vehicle before bringing car to the tech inspection. Bring helmet to tech as well.
- All loose items,including any loose interior items, snap-on hubcaps, detachable fender skirts, speaker boxes, center caps, and trim rings must be removed.
- Closed toe shoes are required (no sandals or flip-flops) while driving.
- Helmets are required (Section 4.3.1 of the Rules), we do have limited loaners available. If you don't know the rating of your helmet you can look inside for a sticker, just may need to pull back some of the padding to locate the sticker. If you want to purchase a helmet you can look online at [Lane Automotive, Solo Performance, SafeRacer]
- All adults present on the event site (whether they are participating or not) will need to sign the waiver when they arrive on site.
- The complete 2023 SCCA Solo Rulebook is available on www.scca.com, other local rule changes will be posted in the supplemental regulations.
- Minor waivers are available on the SCCA.COM website. This national waiver is valid for any SCCA event. No one under the age of 12 is allowed to be in a hot area at any time. A MINOR WAIVER is required for any minors (12-17 in a hot area, this includes passengers.
- Any one in a hot area(grid,course), must have a weekend membership. A one-time trial membership will be available gratis. Afterward a weekend or annual membership is required, this includes passengers. All passengers must be 12 years of age or older.
- Bring water, chair, any items needed for inclement weather. No indoor facilites or shelter are available. A porta-potty is available. A 30 minute lunch break will occur. Be prompt to arrive onsite after lunch. Best to bring a lunch as lunch facilities nearby are limited. If you are late after the announced lunch break you will not race.
- Numbers and class letters must meet SCCA regulations. No numbers/letters on windows, only on body side panels. Contrasting tape is allowed. All number and class letters must be visible to corner workers.
10. If you race, you MUST work. Work assignments will be assigned at the MANDATORY Driver's meeting. Not working your assignment will result in forfeiture of all runs and may result in exclusion from future SCCA SBR events. Arriving late after the lunch break will result in forfeiture of all runs. Promptness is expected.
11. We race, rain or shine. Be prepared for all weather conditions. In the event of dangerous weather conditions, the event will be postponed or canceled. Refunds are at the discretion of the SOLO chair.
12. Tire warmups, dangerous driving onsite or nearby the site is prohibited. Respect the site and nearby areas. Pickup after yourself and drive safely.
13. Registration closes at 9:00 am sharp. If you are not in line, you cannot check -in or register. If a true emergency exists, please phone Susan Miller at 269-3643237. Sleeping-in is not an emergency.
14. Verbal or physical threats will not be tolerated and you will be asked to immediately leave the site. Threats will be reported to the national office. Treat others with respect and report threats or dangerous activity to the SOLO chair or Safety Stewards.
15. Alcohol and non-prescribed drugs are not allowed onsite.
16 .Our goal is to provide as many runs as possible and most of all to have fun. Promptness will ensure we meet this goal.
Additional contact information:
South Bend Region Website
Minor Waivers: Kim Bollinger: 574-261-8775
Novice Chief: Dave Gushwa: 574-633-4538
Event Chair: Jason Cleveland
Registration questions: Susan Miller 269-364-3237 EMAIL: email@example.com
Map to event site: Tire Rack