Saginaw Valley Region Autocross Event 3 Ladies DayBarstow Airport
About this event
Join us for the SVR tradition - Ladies Day!
Many ask, what is Ladies Day? Ladies Day started in 1995 when two female SVR members joined forces to chair a solo event and design a course at Barstow Airport. To make the event even more fun, we added a bracket style challenge at the end of the event to pit the class winners against each other to determine an overall winner. We've continued the tradition for over 25 years (this year marks the 27th running of the event) using as close to the same course as possible (thanks to our handy dandy map).
And can I participate if I'm not a lady? Yes, of course you can. The more the merrier. Fair warning though, we ladies may ask for some of your assistance with the event.
Note: Barstow gates open at 8:00AM. Please follow the signs and enter off of Sturgeon Road.
Please note, per SCCA Guidelines, Jr Karts will not be allowed at this event.C
Sunday, June 5th - Autocross Competition Event 3 - Ladies Day Schedule
Registration and Tech: 8:30AM - 9:30AM
Novice Walk 9:30AM
Course open for walking until 10:00AM
Drivers meeting: 10:00AM
Cars to grid: 10:15AM
First car off 10:30AM
We are offering full entry free refunds, no questions asked, by request. If you are not feeling well, do not come to the event — we will give you either a future event credit or a full refund of your entry fee. Please let us know as soon as possible so that we may let someone on the waiting list take your spot.
To facilitate contactless registration at our events, for the time being we are only accepting online registered and paid entrants. It is at the event chairperson’s discretion if registration will be closed before the event or the day of, and whether or not the event entries will be capped.
It is strongly recommended that SCCA members apply for yearlong waivers, aka “hard cards.” To receive a hard card, click must here to log into your SCCA account. Then, print out a waiver form and either 1) have it notarized, or 2) sign it with an SCCA member witness. You may bring the yearlong waiver form to an event and sign it in front of the waiver worker, which would fulfill the requirements for a hard card.
Any site-specific waiver forms will still need to be signed when entering the site for the first time with the waiver worker.
We will also hold a condensed on-site drivers meeting to answer any questions that entrants may have.
There will be no official awards ceremony after the event. Trophies may be distributed either at the event, with entrants picking up their trophies from a table, or sent to entrants after the event.
- Drivers license
- SCCA member card (if you have one)
- Annual Waiver Card (if you have one)
- Water (plenty of it)
- Lunch (No lunch vendor on site, approx. 30 minute lunch break depending on event flow)
- Bug spray
- Rain gear / umbrella
- Hat / cap
- Folding chair
- Tire pressure gauge
- Tools, jack, jack stands (please protect the site and use stands that don't dig into the asphalt)
- Paper and a pen
Pricing for Competition
SCCA Member - $35
Non-SCCA Members- $55
We will run rain or shine, so be prepared to run and bring appropriate clothing!
We are looking for help in all specialty areas, so please don't be afraid to step up and help out if there is something you are interested in learning!
Rules and Procedures:
- All competitors should bring their own helmet to use in competition, and the helmet must pass tech inspection. Helmet requirements here.
- Loaner helmets will be also be available.
- No one under the age of 12 is allowed in "Hot" areas such as grid or as passangers.
- Special Barstow Rules:
- Entrance to the site is off of Sturgeon Road. Please follow the signs. Gates open at 8AM.
- This is active airport, please throw away all trash and leave the airport cleaner than when we arrived.
- If your car is leaking any fluids, please be prepared to clean up after yourself. Kitty litter is available.
- If you grill at lunch, do not leave any charcoal at the site.
- When you leave the site, be respectful of the neighbors, leave the fast driving to the course.
You must check in at Registration the day of the event, regardless of your online registration or payment status.
Again, please remember to have your Driver's License and Member card with you when checking in.