About this event
Die Serie #5 is the fifth event in our points competitive autocross season. There will be a limited number of participants. Priority is given to New Mexico PCA members but others may register. All registrations will be on hold until PCA membership is confirmed or until September 1st, whichever is sooner. Advance registration is required of all participants to minimize contact with staff. You may cancel your registration at any time without penalty.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS LIMITED. You do not have to drive a Porsche to participate; however, priority will be given to Roadrunner PCA members. Others will be wait-listed then will be notified beginning on Friday, September 1st regarding availability of grid positions.
Entry Fee: $60 for PCA members; $65 for non-PCA members There is no charge for volunteers, non-driving workers, or non-driving photographers. Drivers will be charged following the event. There is no charge for canceling; however, but please let us know if you cancel after the close of on-line registration so someone wait-listed may attend. If registration has closed and you are a PCA member or want to volunteer, contact the event coordinator to register.
Location: Sandia Speedway/Albuquerque Area (Link)
Course Map: TBD
- 7:00am Setup
- 7:30 to 8:45am Registration and Self Tech
- ~8:15 to 9:30am Open Course Walk
- 9:30am Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
- 10:00am First Car off
- ~12:00m to 12:30pm Lunch
- 2:45 - 3:15 pm Teardown
Community Protection (COVID-19) Guidelines for this event follow. Federal, State and local guidelines supersede these guidelines where there is conflict or ambiguity. In all things PCA does, first and foremost is the health and safety of our members, sponsor and communities.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you are sick with fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please do not attend our event. The CDC recommmends persons who are higher risk for severe illness to stay at home.
- Stay home if you have tested positive or know you have been in contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks.
- Bring your own personal protective equiipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant. Also bring your own pen to sign waivers.
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between non-cohabititating attendees.
- Wear your face mask when in the presence of others.
- Physical contact is discouraged. Refrain from shaking hands, fist-bumps and hugs.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Use best judgement and common sense regarding your fellow members' good health.
Region Leadership including the Event Chair have the authority to require you to leave if you cannot comply with these community protection measures.
You must have a valid drivers license to attend our driving events and be 18 years of age or older unless you are eligible for the Porsche Junior Participation Program. You also must sign our PCA insurance waiver, COVID-19 liability waivers, and wear a wristband.
Before you can participate in our autocross, your car will need to pass a basic tech inspection. Tech inspection will take place each day before the start of any driving. Most street cars easily pass the inspection. The owner/driver should do a pre-tech inspection (PCAAutocrossSafetyInspectionChecklistMay2020.pdf) no earlier than 4 weeks prior to the event.
Helmets: Snell-rated SA2010, SAH2010, or M2010 or newer helmets are required when driving. Equivalent helmets (but not DOT only) may be used.
Instructors are available at the grid. However, in-car instructors may be limited.
Only COVID-19 fully-vaccinated individuals may be in the same vehicle unless they are members of the same household. (Depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of the event, this restriction may be modified.) One of the individuals must be an instructor.
This is a "Run/Work" event. That means you are required to work a position when you are not driving during the autocross. We also appreciate any help you can give us before the course walk and during tear-down.
For details on autocross rules and classes, visit the RRRPCA website (Link). Bring your own lunch and beverages, and be prepared to take your trash home with you.