About this event
PorscheFest is back!......On Saturday 7/29 around 12:30 (grab some lunch or brunch beforehand), the Drive and Dine gang will meet north of Manassas and head out to Summit Point through the outback of Northern Virginia and West Virginia. We expect to arrive around 2:30 pm. No helmet or racing tires required but keep your car in top shape for the drive! With the pandemic further in the rear view mirror, the activities at the track are once again reverting to normal.
The registration here is for the driving event to the track. There will be multiple events you can register for at the track if you like, including Taste of Autocross, and Charity Laps.
Happy Hour / Dinner / T-Shirt is a separate registration. Details and links below!
First a little background:
The Annual PorscheFestl event brings together participants from many different programs into a single location where we can all experience a taste of different programs and have an opportunity to socialize with the broader PCA Potomac community at the dinner that caps the day. As always the event is hosted in the main paddock at Summit Point Motorsports Park where there is a Driver’s Education (DE) event being held. This is a great opportunity to walk through the paddock and see everything from regular street cars to PCA race cars and even a few Porsche factor race cars, then wander out to the track and watch the cars in their native habitat! Just a few hundred feet from the paddock the Autocross program will be running an event as well-- a really excellent environment to see drivers testing themselves and their cars around a low speed course defined by traffic cones.
Go to https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/potomacs-porschefest-dinner-t-shirts-summit-point-circuit-pca-potomac-founders-789922 to register for the dinner / social hour and get your own commemorative T-shirt. Note: You must register by no later than July 21 to get a T-shirt!
We will have also a car display from the Concours crew, plus a diecast car vendor!
Wrapping up the day around 5:30-ish will be Charity Laps on the main circuit, and finally our big social hour and dinner under the big tent. This year, Charity Lap registration will be on-site and will be cash only.
Please also note that ELECTRIC AND HYBRID VEHICLES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN CHARITY LAP EVENTS AT THIS TIME. However, you can still join the driving event to the track as well as parking at the track infield with other Drive and Dine vehicles for dinner and other festivities.
The above link will also be provided in your registration confirmation.
RALLY POINT: We will meet up at 12:30 pm at our rally point to be provided to registrants. (Near Manassas). Our driver's meeting will be at 12:45 and we will depart before 1:15 pm.
ROUTE: Across the heart of western Loudoun and Clarke Counties into West Virginia. We should arrive at the track about 2:30-ish.
COSTS: No charge for the drive, but you will need to register for the individual events including Taste of Autocross, Charity Laps and Dinner/Happy Hour at the track.
DEADLINE: Registration opens June 28. Deadline to register is July 22.
OVERNIGHT: There are no formal arrangements, but If you want to stay overnight, there are a number of reasonable places in nearby Winchester, Charlestown, or quaint inns in Summit Point itself! http://summitpoint-raceway.com/track-information/lodging/
If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. It's not just the cars, it's the people!
We will be departing from a location near Manassas, VA (precise rally point will be shared the week before the event). A moving-event waiver (electronic version of the paperwork formerly signed at the rally point) as well as a Waiver for Minors under 17 as needed. The moving event waiver is at https://pcapotomacdd.speedwaiver.com/hnfwn
Information on how to do the Waiver for Minors will be sent to you prior to the event.
Members are encouraged to bring a Porsche, but may bring an interesting, alternative, but suitable vehicle.
- Although we are not constrained as to capacity, for planning ans insurance purposes we ask you register as soon as possible. WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY REGISTRATIONS AFTER JULY 24!
- PCA Potomac Drive & Dine rules will be followed for the safety of all participants. (Discussed at the Driver's Meeting). Watch the website for revisions.
- We will notify you of your status by email. You are responsible for updating your profile in the MotorsportReg.com website to include your current contact information.
- We initially list all registrants as “confirmed” for this event. When needed, we will change your status as soon as possible. We will provide formal notification of acceptance into an event by email prior to an event. If you haven’t received any notification, check the MSR website for your status.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- PCA Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining VALID CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in your profile.
- Payments will be via credit card. We will not run the payments immediately, but will do so approximately 10 days before the event.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with limited time to resolve the issue due to the short billing period. If the issue is not resolved, we may cancel you from the event.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is protected by MotorSportReg.com. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing purposes.
- If you must cancel, please be courteous and cancel as soon as you can in order to allow others from the waitlist to attend.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled. There will be no refunds less than 10 days before the event.
- Not applicable for this drive as there is no fee for the drive itself.