About this event
Pitt Race Low-key Autocross
These Autocrosses are low-pressure events for novice drivers, those not ready to go against the clock competitively or for those tuning their vehicles for an SCCA event. This provides a fun atmosphere for all levels of drivers. These events are timed, but there are no awards, classes, or podiums. It’s you against yourself! Lowkey Autocross provides a cone course on our vehicle dynamics area / skid pad. These events will put your car control skills to the test, as well as your car set up but without the competitive pressure. Low-key Autocross’s are open to both fully prepared and stock configuration vehicles. Vehicles with a high center of gravity and narrow track including most SUV's, Cross-Overs, Mini Vans and 4WD pickup trucks are NOT eligible. Karts and Formula style cars are not eligible.
Pre-registration is required via motorsportreg.com. These events are typically sold-out and walk-up registration may not be available. The cost is $60 per driver.
Participants will be issued a wristband and assigned to a run group. The number of runs per event will vary depending on registration numbers, mechanical issue, incidents and weather. Pitt Race reserves the right to limit the number of entries for these events.
Low-Key Autocross Typical Schedule:
- 9 am Driver check-in opens and track walks commence
- 9:45 am MANDATORY drivers meeting
- 10 am - runs commence organized by run group. Your run group number will be randomly assigned by your wristband.
- 4 pm - Event ends
Want to know what else Pitt Race is up to? Click below to sign up for our newsletter!
- Drivers must possess a valid, state issued drivers license and must be 18-years of age or older (Anyone under 18 requires a parental consent form to be signed at registration).
- Helmets Snell certified with the following ratings are accepted: SA2020, SA2015, SA2010, SAH2010, M2020, M2015 or M2010.
- Rental helmets are available for the event on a first come, first serve basis for $15 at the Pitt Stop Pro Shop.
- Drivers are required to bring their helmet to check-in for approval and helmet tech decal. The helmet will then be valid for the year indicated on the decal.
- Shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn while on track. (No sandals, heels, crocs, etc.)
- Passengers are permitted providing the following conditions are met: They must be 18 years or older. They must be seated in the front passenger seat (no passengers in the rear seats). The passenger must have equal safety equipment to the driver. For example: If the driver is in a race seat with a race harness, the passenger seat must be of the same configuration.
- Pitt Race reserves the right to cancel the passenger policy if any driver is observed being careless or reckless while carrying a passenger.
- Participants are required to use their own vehicle. Pitt Race does not have rental vehicles available.
- Vehicles with a high center of gravity and narrow track, including most SUV's, Cross-Overs, Mini Vans, 4WD pickup trucks and the Polaris Slingshot, are not permitted. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Please call the track office to confirm vehicle eligibility. You may be turned away at registration if your vehicle does not meet the requirements.
- To ensure your safety and that of the other participants, a Self Tech Form must be completed and presented to event personnel before being released onto the track. Forms are to be turned in at registration prior to receiving your wristband. You can find that form HERE.
Waste oil recycling stations are located on the Pitt Race behind the North Track garage. The containers and barrels are marked with the fluids we are able to accept. Please leave no containers or filters.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT POUR OIL, GASOLINE, ANTIFREEZE OR OTHER FLUIDS ON THE GROUND OR PAVEMENT.
Please contact Pitt Race personnel if you have any questions about the containment of waste fluids
Bring it in/take it out policy
All tires, broken fiberglass, scrap metal, batteries and any other parts that may have broken or fallen off cars must be removed from Pitt Race.
Sunoco is the official fuel of Pitt Race. We offer the following Sunoco Fuels on-site. Credit Card payment accepted at the pump. Please note that the pump will only accept the same credit card three times per day for security reasons.
- "Standard" Leaded 110 Octane
- "260 GT" Unleaded 100 Octane
- Premium Unleaded 93 Octane