About this event
ARPCA Summer HPDE at Pitt Race
FULL 2.8-mile circuit
Saturday and Sunday, July 30 - 31, 2022
Advanced Solo Lapping (ASL), Friday, July 29, 2022
NEW FOR THIS EVENT: CATERED DINNER INCLUDED (for drivers) Saturday, July 30th
Are you new to track driving? Never driven with ARPCA? We have a long history of making everyone feel welcome! All ARPCA HPDE events are a great opportunity to drive your car on a fun and challenging track and enhance your driving skills. All makes are welcome, and you don't need to be a Porsche Club member to drive with us. You'll see plenty of "non-Porsches" at our events.
Matthew Little Photography used with permission
A Track Tour is offered Friday evening, starting at 5:30 pm led by one of our senior instructors. The focus is on track orientation for new drivers, and those new to the circuit. Everyone is welcome to attend. Contact Carol at email@example.com with questions. A track tour specific email with logistics will be sent one week prior to the event.
Friday Advanced Solo Lapping (ASL)
Instructors are not provided; therefore, a demonstration of a high level of track driving experience and skill is required to qualify. ASL drivers are also required to register for the weekend HPDE.
Approved ARPCA Instructors are automatically accepted. If you have previously attended an ARPCA ASL event at Pitt Race you will be accepted.
For all others, indicate your interest in attending ASL when completing the registration form. Please make sure your logbook of experience in your member profile is up to date. We will use this to evaluate your ability to qualify. We may also ask for a recommendation from the Chief Driving Instructor of your Region and will contact you by e-mail if we need your CDI’s contact information. ASL events are conducted as open track days and we are very careful to only have qualified participants at these events. This precaution is done to ensure the enjoyment but primarily the safety of those who will be sharing the track.
If you are not currently an approved instructor for ARPCA and would like to instruct for us at Pitt Race, please contact Dave Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW: Catered Dinner Saturday July 30th: New for this event is a catered dinner, included with HPDE and Instructor registration! (If you DO NOT plan to join for dinner, please choose “zero” so we gather an accurate count). If you’d like to add guest(s), you may register them at $25 per person. No walk-ups. Registration deadline is July 17th for additional dinner guests. BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR for dinner! This is picnic style (no chairs/tables provided).
MENU: BBQ Beef Brisket, BBQ Pulled Pork, Macaroni & Cheese, Boston Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Slider Buns, beer, wine & water (by Monteverde Catering LLC)
Costs and Options
- Driver Registration Sat/Sun: $595 (**Saturday dinner included for registered drivers) **NOTE: Please choose “zero” on the drop-down if you don’t plan on having dinner
- Instructor Registration Sat/Sun: $100 (**Saturday dinner included for reg’d Instructors)
- Advanced Solo Lapping Friday: $295 (Friday ASL approval required, and Sat/Sun registration required)
- Additional Saturday dinner: $25 per person, must pre-register by July 17th (no walk-ups)
Garages and RV/Trailer electrical hookups: available for rental directly from the track. Call Pitt Race at 724-535-1000.
Payment and Refunds
Our payment policy: We charge your card immediately upon registration.
You may cancel your registration through MotorSportReg.com.
Our Refund policy:
- Cancellation fee through Jun 23, 2022: $25
- Cancellation fee Jun 24, 2022, through Jul 7, 2022: $100
- No refunds after Jul 8, 2022
- No refunds for mechanical failure
- No refunds for failing tech inspection
- No refunds for weather
- No refund if track management closes the circuit
More history of Pittsburgh International Race Complex (Pitt Race)
Pitt Race is just a short 20-minute drive north of the Pittsburgh International Airport with easy access to the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Exit 13). The circuit was expanded in 2015 and now boasts nineteen corners, over ninety feet in elevation change and is 2.8 miles in length. The circuit offers plenty of challenges for even the most experienced driver.
Safety Requirements and Tech Information for 2022
New for 2022: Helmet Snell Rating Requirement
Please review the following as there have been changes made since last year:
- HELMET – 2015 or 2020 SNELL rating REQUIRED with SNELL sticker attached. SNELL SA standard strongly recommended but SNELL M helmets are acceptable. DOT-rated helmets are not acceptable.
- No refunds if your helmet doesn't meet the standard.
- VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION FORM REQUIRED: All registered drivers must print ARPCA’s Vehicle Safety Inspection form (ARPCA Vehicle Safety Insp Form), which must be completed and signed by a third-party automotive repair/inspection facility no more than 30 days before the event. Every driver must print and sign their name on the completed form, which will be collected at tech/registration.
- CAR PREPARATION/SAFETY – The driver is responsible for proper preparation and operation of their vehicle. All non-instructor-driven vehicles will be required to pass tech inspection at the track. No refunds for failure to pass tech inspection. You may remedy failed items and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
- SEATBELTS or HARNESS RESTRAINT SYSTEMS – As a minimum the vehicle shall have OEM seat belt restraints. If aftermarket harnesses are installed, proper installation requires several changes to the vehicle to create a safe occupant system. Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap mounted in an approved manner consistent with the harness manufacturer instructions. The seats used with harnesses must be manufactured with routing holes for shoulder belts and anti-submarine belts. Equal restraint systems are required for both driver and passenger.
Harnesses will be checked for expiration date compliance. Most harnesses have a tag clearly stating when the harnesses expire. PCA National requires: “Belts must be replaced no later than five years (FIA certified), or two years (SFI certified) after the date of manufacture”. FIA harnesses manufactured in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 are acceptable. SFI harnesses that were manufactured in 2021 and 2022 are acceptable. Expired harnesses will not pass tech inspection, with no refunds.
- If you have a 5-point or 6-point harness, an approved head and neck restraint is required!
- If you have anything other than OEM seat belts, 5 or 6 point harnesses installed, please contact Safety@ARPCA.com
- SEATING REQUIREMENTS – All participant vehicles must have TWO seats with equal restraints for driver and passenger. This applies to all run groups (including instructors).
- CONVERTIBLES – All “non-fixed-metal” roof cars must have OEM rollover protection (e.g. 996 and later Cabriolets, Boxsters) or a proper roll bar that passes the “broomstick test”. Convertibles will run with the top up or occupants will wear arm restraints.
- AGE – Drivers must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- SHARING A CAR – Two drivers sharing a car must be registered in two different run groups.
- INSTRUCTOR OPINIONS WITH REGARD TO SAFETY TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER STUDENT OPINIONS – The instructor assigned to the student will have final say regarding the operation of the vehicle while on track. This encompasses the student's driving and operation of the vehicle and its’ equipment. Be advised that the Chief Driving Instructor is likely to side with your instructor in matters involving a difference of opinion.
- CARS NOT PERMITTED – All open-wheeled cars are prohibited. Cars with fenders attached to the suspension and not attached to the body of the car in at least two locations are prohibited.
PCA & Pitt Race Waivers: You will be required to electronically complete and sign a PCA and Pitt Race waiver. You'll receive both waiver links by email closer to the event.
Contact the ARPCA Safety/Tech chairman at Safety@ARPCA.com with any questions about the suitability of a vehicle.
Tell us about your abilities:
- In order to place you correctly, please make sure your driving resume is up to date in MotorSportReg.
- Please make sure your logbook of experience in your member profile is current. We use this information to evaluate your experience and track driving abilities to correctly place you into your proper run group.