About this event
Pre-registration for the Sunday, December 17, 2023 AUTOCROSS is open until midnight, December 14, 2023.
This autocross will be held in the two lots of the North Island Credit Union Amphitheater .
The pre-registration fee is $95.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER IF YOU HAVE DRIVEN IN FEWER THAN 4 AUTOCROSSES WITH PCA-SDR.
REMINDER. PLEASE READ AS THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!
There is an updated tech sheet available as of December 2022.
You must use this version Zone 8 Tech Sheet, print and present this form at tech inspection
If you are new to AX and have not yet classified your car (Mandatory to participate in the event) click here to see how it is done.
Note: Further instruction available in pre-reg requirement section.
Porsche Club of America - San Diego Region (PCA-SDR) welcomes PCA, BMWCCA, and SCCA members to our upcoming autocross. Come on down and enjoy the fun.
PCA members with fewer than 4 autocrosses with PCA-SDR are required to Pre-Register on MotorSportReg.com. You are required to have an Instructor for your first 4 autocrosses. For more information about Autocross, check out the autocross page: http://www.pcasdr.org/competition/get-started-autocross/
Pre-Registration Closes at 11:59 PM the Thursday prior to the event to receive the rate of $95. If you miss the pre-registration deadline AND you have 4 or more days of Autocross experience with PCA-SDR, you can register at the trailer on the morning of the event for $125. If you miss pre-registration and you DO NOT have 4 or more days of Autocross experience with PCA-SDR, you may not register after pre-registration closes.
Cancelation of registration Deadline: Any Cancelation requested after the Thursday prior to the event at 11:59 is $95. Late entry fee at the trailer on the day of the event is $30.
Car Classification: Please ensure you have classified your Porsche car on the Zone 8 classification website to determine your 2023 car class. This is mandatory. If you have not classified your Porsche car on the Zone 8 classification website, your registration status will be put "On Hold" and you will not be considered as having registered for this event until you comply.
Note for X Class Cars: classification beyond X is not necessary you may download a blank form for presentation to tech inspection here.
Who may Pre-Register: To pre-register you are required to be a member of PCA, BMWCCA, or SCCA. PCA members take precedence for registration. To join PCA, go to www.pca.org.
PCA-SDR requires AX participants to produce a membership card and a valid Driver License at Tech Inspection. The name on the Driver License must match the name on the membership card and AX Tech form.
Lap time notifications: You may now sign up for text message notification of lap times and other info with a single click when you register on MotorsportReg. However, in order for this to work, you must be sure your mobile phone number is in the proper place in your account profile. To check or set it, login to MotorsportReg.com, click the My Account tab, then click Edit profile, then click Edit My Information. Be sure to enter your mobile phone number into the field marked “Mobile/Cell”, even if you already have it in other fields.
Who May Register for PCA-SDR Autocross Events:
- PCA-SDR autocross participation is limited to PCA members, but members of the BMWCCA or SCCA club's will be permitted under certain conditions. See BMWCCA/SCCA section below.
- If you own a Porsche, you can join PCA. Visit the PCA-SDR website at http://www.pcasdr.org and click the “Join PCA” link at the bottom of the home page.
PCA-SDR Autocross Experience Requirements:
- Drivers with fewer than 4 autocrosses with PCA-SDR are required to pre-register for autocrosses on pcasdr.motorsportreg.com.
- No one with fewer than 4 autocrosses is permitted to register on the day of the event.
- If you have fewer than 4 autocrosses with PCA-SDR, you are required to have an Instructor.
- Experienced autocrossers new to a PCA-SDR autocross event will require an Instructor check-ride, irrespective of your driving history with other regions. This is a safety issue to ensure participants understand PCA-SDR rules.
- Drivers from the BMWCCA or SCCA clubs are invited to register for the event. Proof of current membership in good standing will be required on the day of event Without a valid membership card (paper or electronic), you will be turned away and charged the $25 late cancellation fee.
- Non-PCA member signups may be limited or wait-listed, as PCA members take precedence for registration. You will be notified if you are wait-listed shortly after you register.
- Register in the 'X' class for the event and bring a completed Zone 8 Tech Form.
Helmets Are Required:
SNELL Helmets must be stamped 2015 or newer.
- A limited number of loaner helmets are available at the trailer at a cost of $10.
PCA-SDR Tech Inspection:
- You are required to bring your PCA/BMWCCA/SCCA membership card and a completed Tech Inspection Form to the Tech Inspection Team at the event. Your Porsche Car Class must be listed on the Tech Inspection form. See Zone 8 Classification instructions that follow.
- Tech Inspection Opens at 6:15 AM. Have your Tech Sheet filled out and signed. When you pre-register, if you have never driven with PCA-SDR, you will be given a Driver number. This number must be on your car when you arrive at Tech Inspection. You will also need to show your PCA member card.
- There is a $20 late fee if not in line by 7:15 AM. Tech Inspection is closed at 7:30 AM.
- Immediately after Tech Inspection, turn in your completed form at the nearby tech table to receive your run group sticker and wristband.
Required: Zone 8 Car Classification
- PCA-SDR requires that you classify your car in the PCA Zone 8 system. See Car Classification instructions below.
- Non-Porsche Cars are classified as "X" Class and do not have to be classified in this system, but the tech registration form is required and can be downloaded here.
Porsche Car Classification Instructions: Classify your car at the following link and it will auto-fill onto your Tech Form: https://classification.zone8.org/
You must be registered on the Zone-8 classification site before you can print out your tech sheet. Printing the tech sheet from this location will ensure all your points and car classification are correct.
NOTE: You must use this tech sheet for this event and going forward. The link to export PDF for your vehicle is Zone 8 Site. Revision date December 2022.
- If you have never driven with PCA-SDR, a Driver number will be assigned when you pre-register. You may request a number when you register and it may be assigned to you if available.
- This number will be your Driver number for use at all PCA-SDR Autocross events.
- There are different Driver numbers assigned for our Time Trial Series. Your autocross Driver number may or may not be available in the SDR Time Trial series.
- To retain your autocross Driver number, you must participate in at least one PCA-SDR autocross event per calendar year. If this requirement is not met, the number can be re-assigned to another driver.
Zone 8 Competition Rules, PCA-SDR Standing Rules:
PCA-SDR Required Insurance Waiver:
- All autocross participants and guests, including minors, are required to sign the PCA-SDR Insurance Waiver.
6:15 AM - Tech Inspection Opens - be prepared to show your PCA/BMWCCA/SCCA membership card and your driver license and have your car number on your car (6 inch height minimum, 1 inch stroke width, contrasting color). Take your signed/completed tech form to the nearby tech table and receive your arm band and run group sticker.
7:00 AM - Trailer Walk-Up Registration Opens. Anyone with fewer than 4 autocross events with PCA-SDR is NOT permitted to register on the day of the event. There is a $30 late fee for walk-ups. Pre-register using the on-line pcasdr.motorsportreg.com system and save time as well as money.
7:15 AM - Late Fee of $20 is applied if your car is not in Tech Inspection line by 7:15am.
7:30 AM - Tech Inspection Closes, no admittance if not in Tech Inspection line.
8:00AM - Track walk and sweep
8:30 AM - Mandatory Driver's Meeting and Student/Instructor pairings are announced.
9:00 AM - Parade laps and Practice Sessions Begin..
2:00 PM (approx) - Timed Runs Begin.
5:00 PM (approx) - Timed Runs Finished, Track Closed, Pick Up Track and Trailer area.
5:30 PM (approx) - Awards ceremony.
Please note: NICU Amphitheater has a 91 decibel maximum which is enforced at the event by a portable sound meter. If your car exceeds 91 dB, you will be asked to leave the event and you will NOT receive a refund.
AX Pre-Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
AX Chief Driving Instructor: email@example.com
AX Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech Advisor: email@example.com
More information: www.pcasdr.org click Resources, click Autocross