About this event
Porsche Club of America Diablo Region Track Day at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Sponsored by Porsche Walnut Creek
Monday, November 22, 2021
Limited size run groups, lots of track space, tons of track time
"Have Fun, Be Safe, Drive Fast"
THIS EVENT IS FOR PORSCHE CARS ONLY - All event details can be found at www.diablo-de.org
11/15/21: The Beginner run group is sold out.
10/13/21: All non-sponsored Beginner Solo drivers are being wait listed until we confirm the total number of participants. We expect to determine the disposition of all wait-listed drivers by November 12.
10/12/21: All non-sponsored Beginners Requiring Instruction are being wait listed until we confirm the total number of instructors. We expect to determine the disposition of all wait-listed drivers by November 12.
10/6/21: Event registration is now open.
General Event Information:
This event is open to all drivers who attend with Porsche vehicles.
We are a Porsche club, not a driving school or a driving business. We run several safe, fun and friendly track events each year. We do not race, time trial or time laps. We limit this event to 25 cars per run group so that we can offer plenty of room on track and lots of track time.
The DE team will review all registered drivers and will confirm the run group classification for each driver based on overall track experience. During the event the DE team will work to accommodate drivers wishing to change run groups, subject to approval by our Chief Driving Instructor (CDI).
We expect to run four run groups: Beginner with Instructor/Beginner Solo, Intermediate, Advanced, and Instructor. The Beginner group is expected to fill up quickly.
We expect all run groups to fill up fast. Until we have confirmed all Sponsored Drivers, we will place any participants for a run group on a wait-list when the run group is nearly full. The wait-list will be cleared on a first registered/first accepted basis, by November 14.
Drivers Requiring In-Car Instruction:
We are offering a limited number of spots for In-Car Instruction. Drivers and Instructors who participate with the In-Car instruction must confirm at registration time that they have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (booster shot status not required). That means if you have not yet been cleared to solo, you will have the chance to get back on track with us this year, subject to availability. Reservations for drivers who need instruction are on a first come, first served basis.
IMPORTANT: Helmet Rating Requirements:
You are required to bring an approved helmet to this DE event as Laguna Seca does not offer helmet rentals.
PCA has updated their helmet requirements: "COVID related supply chain disruptions have limited availability of Snell 2020 Rated helmets. PCA does not want to force members to compromise on such an important piece of safety equipment. We have therefore decided to continue allowing 2010 helmets through the end of 2021. As supplies improve, we do encourage those of you with 2010 helmets to replace them without waiting for the hard cutoff at the beginning of 2022. 2020 helmets are available, but in limited supply. If you have helmet preferences, please prepare for the changeover and start shopping for that new helmet."
Private instructors/coaches are welcome to attend our events once approved by our Chief Driving Instructor (CDI). If you are bringing a coach to provide you instruction, please be aware that your instructor will need to:
- Contact our CDI to discuss their participation and obtain approval.
- Need to register on MSR as an ‘Instructing Only’ instructor, and also list your name in the ‘Are You Sharing a Car’ section of their registration form.
- Will not drive their own cars on the track (unless they have registered as a participant and pay the participant fee).
- Adhere to all Diablo PCA and track operator requirements
Private instructors/coaches who show up at the day of the event without following the pre-registration requirements are not guaranteed to participate in this event. Please contact the CDI if you have any questions
Passing will be with mandatory point-by in all groups:
We take safety very seriously, and will “black flag” any participant who disregards passing protocols or consistently fails to give point by's, including denying access to the track with no refund of registration fees if deemed necessary by the safety officer.
Sound Limit Strictly Enforced:
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca enforces a strict sound limit. This is expected to be a 92db day, so please make sure your car will pass under the sound limit prior to arriving at the track. Porsches with the PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) option WILL EXCEED THE SOUND RESTRICTIONS when at full throttle at Laguna Seca, even if the PSE option is turned off! Please read the Laguna Seca sound restriction information on our DE website (http://www.diablo-de.org) to learn how to keep under the sound limit and avoid being denied driving at Laguna Seca. No refunds if your car fails to pass the track sound checks.
Safety Inspection Information:
All drivers must certify that their car has passed a safety inspection by an authorized person within 30 days of this event, per PCA guidelines. The safety inspection form can be downloaded from our DE website (http://www.diablo-de.org/home.html). All drivers must complete this safety inspection form to verify that the condition of their car is ready for the track. Well maintained Porsches should have no problem passing tech inspection if they have good brakes, tires, no oil leaks and no defects. If in doubt, have the experts look at your car.
The following sponsor is offering free tech inspections:
- Kahlers in Dublin – by appt. only
Contact them at email@example.com or by phone at 925-829-2050.
- Porsche Walnut Creek – by appt. only
Contact them at 925-280-4363
Registration fee is $150.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca offers garage parking for the day of the event for $250/car. If you are interested in purchasing this parking please email DiabloPCA.DERegistrar@gmail.com. Our DE team will evaluate the number of parking requests to determine if they can be offered.
Our DE 101 pre-event meeting will be held on November 3, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. This will be a virtual meeting hosted via Zoom. Participants will be sent an email with the Zoom meeting details. We ask that every registered driver attend this event, but it is highly recommended for all new to DE drivers.
Run Group Selection:
- 4 Run Groups: Beginner Requiring Instructor/Beginner Solo, Intermediate, Advanced, Instructor
- Drivers with 5 or less track days, or have not been cleared to drive solo, must register as Beginner Requiring Instruction (Sold out)
- Drivers with 19 or less track days and have been cleared to drive solo should register as Beginner Solo or Intermediate (Beginner Solo is sold out)
- Drivers with 20 or more track days or Instructor experience can register as Advanced
Two Drivers Sharing One Car:
If two different drivers are planning to drive the same vehicle, BOTH drivers must be qualified to drive in different run groups (i.e., one driver must have enough DE experience to run in a higher run group than the other driver). Both drivers will not be allowed to drive in the same run group. Both drivers need to register individually for this event.
No passengers or guests are allowed in cars during hot lap sessions.
Registration Fee: $435 for Beginners Requiring Instruction, $385 for Solo Approved Drivers
- Registration will close when the maximum driver count is reached, or on midnight November 17, 2021, whichever is earlier.
- All registrations are considered preliminary until confirmed by the DE committee. You will be notified once your registration is confirmed, or if you are wait-listed, or if we were not able to accommodate your registration for this event.
- All refunds are subject to a $75 cancelation fee. Sorry, no refunds after November 12, 2021.
- Instructors are $100 until October 20 2021, then $150 afterwards
1. Registration is Critical – priority for acceptance into this limited Event is decided by date of registration. In the unfortunate Event that you register but we don’t have a place available, you will not be charged for registration or a cancelation fee. Your credit card is not charged at time of registration. It will be charged on a space available basis as we confirm you into the Event and prior to the Event taking place.
2. Drivers are invited (strongly recommended) to attend our DE Introduction briefing called DE 101 / 201, which is typically held two weeks prior to the Event. Due to COVIC-19 social distancing requirements, this will be a virtual event. We will have a discussion on driving Laguna Seca and an opportunity for drivers of any level to share their experiences, ask questions, etc.
4. Final Event details, schedules and instructions will be emailed to you about 1 week before the Event.
5. Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, has exhibited any COVID-19 symptoms, or has had close personal contact with anyone else who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms within two weeks of the Event is not allowed to attend the Event. The symptoms of COVID-19 may include, without limitation, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell is not feeling well, experiencing a cough or fever, are requested to stay home.
6. All participants and any family members attending the Event must provide a driver’s license or other photo ID to gain entrance to the paddock.
7. Participants and guests must adhere to local Covid recommendations (social distancing and recommended mask wearing).
8. Registration check-in will also be at the entry to the paddock. On the morning of the Event, you must present the Registrar with a completed safety inspection form (the driver certifies that their car has undergone a safety inspection by an authorized person within 30 days of the Event). Please find our Tech Inspection form here http://www.diablo-de.org/home.html.
9. We will supply disposable vinyl numbers for your car, which you can place on the glass of your windshield and rear window.
10. All drivers and private coaches must attend the mandatory driver’s meeting, which takes place before the track is opened. We will review important information, such as passing and safety rules, the flags used by corner workers, the condition of the track, etc. You will receive your run group wrist band at the end of the morning meeting. No one will be allowed onto the track without a wrist band.
11. If you arrive to the track after the morning meeting, you must meet with a Diablo DE team member to complete the registration process, turn in your completed Tech Inspection Form, review the items discussed during the morning meeting, and receive your wrist band. You will not be allowed to go on the track until you have done this.
12. All registered participants will be provided lunch. Lunch is available for purchase for all guests.
13. If you are sharing a car with someone who you reside with, you both need to register separately and in different run groups. The registration form has a section where you can provide your car sharing details.
14. Helmets are required for all drivers. PCA has updated their helmet requirements: "COVID related supply chain disruptions have limited availability of Snell 2020 Rated helmets. PCA does not want to force members to compromise on such an important piece of safety equipment. We have therefore decided to continue allowing 2010 helmets through the end of 2021. As supplies improve, we do encourage those of you with 2010 helmets to replace them without waiting for the hard cutoff at the beginning of 2022. 2020 helmets are available, but in limited supply. If you have helmet preferences, please prepare for the changeover and start shopping for that new helmet."
15. High speed driving is inherently dangerous and all drivers and other participants in a PCA Diablo Region DE Event must accept and assume the risks associated with this sport. All participants must sign the PCA Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. Before the Event, members of the DE team will drive around the track to look for any unusual conditions on or around the track, such as mud, water or other debris, sand bags or other objects, uneven surfaces, etc., and we will discuss any such unusual conditions during the morning driver’s meeting. However, the PCA Diablo Region and our DE team members are not experts about track conditions and safety or about conducting track inspections, and you should not rely on us to spot or notify you about every potential hazard you might encounter during this Event. You are ultimately responsible for driving safely, which includes being aware of the track conditions. We encourage you to conduct your own inspection of the track and its environs in order to spot and avoid potential hazards on or around the track, such as walls, tire barriers, mud, water or other debris, sand bags or other objects, uneven surfaces, etc.
16. Because of the risks presented by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, all participants and guests must also sign PCA’s Communicable Disease Exposure and Infection Assumption of Risk, Hold Harmless, Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement. Prior to participating in the Event, you and any guests should review the social distancing rules and protocols established by the State, the County, PCA Diablo and/or the Track, which include without limitation maintaining a minimum 6 foot social distance from others at all times, wearing a face mask at all times when not in your car, frequently washing hands, and proper hygiene and sanitation practices, and assigned parking locations. Failing to fully comply with any and all such rules and protocols, or with any other instructions from PCA Diablo and/or the Track during the Event, may result in you and your guests being asked to leave the Event and in being denied access to other PCA Diablo events in the future. You will not be allowed to participate in or attend the Event if, at any point in the prior two weeks, you exhibited any of the symptoms of COVID-19 which, according to Centers for Disease Control guidelines may include, without limitation, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. Temperatures will be taken with an infrared non-contact forehead thermometer at the entrance to the Track facility and anyone with a 100.4° F or higher temperature will not allowed to enter. Only those guests who have been disclosed on a timely basis to Diablo PCA prior to the Event will be allowed to enter the Track grounds.
Questions? Ask the DE Committee chair, Adam Cipriano (DiabloPCA.DEChair@gmail.com)