About this event
7:00 am - 8 am - Setup ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE EXPECTED TO HELP SETUP*
7:00 am - 8:45 am — Course open for walking
7:00 am - 8:45 am — Tech Inspection & Registration — NO REGISTRATIONS TAKEN AFTER 9:00 am
8:45 am - 9:00 am — Mandatory Drivers Meeting & Workers Assignment Sign-up
9:00 am - 9:15 am — Workers Out to Stations
9:15 am - 1:00 pm — Unlimited Timed Driver Runs
NO LUNCH BREAK
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm — Course teardown, equipment all loaded into Club trailer**
Run times are approximate. All entrants must work the heat they are not running, so plan to be there all day.
Pre-registration pays! $10 extra fee for walk-up registrations!
SCCA Members - Pre-registered - $55. Walk-up registration $65
Non-SCCA Members - Pre-registered - $65. Walk-up registration $75
Credit Card Fees have been eliminated!!!!
The Test-n-Tune event is designed to allow competitors to test their cars, adjust their setups, experiment with different tires/settings/etc. This is a great opportunity to get some seat time as well as dial in your car for the season. We have designed a test-n-tune course that will be the same for all future test-n-tune events: this allows you to benchmark your skill and car setups to ensure you're maximizing you and your car's potential.
The format will be as follows:
- This event requires all drivers to pre-register - no walk-up registrations will be taken the day of the event.
- This event requires a minimum number of drivers. That number is 28 - if we do meet the minimum number of drivers to pre-register, the club board will convene to discuss cancellation of the event.
- The event is solely for making runs for the purpose of practice/car setup adjustment. This is not a competitive event.
- The event will run for four hours, and drivers are required to stay the four hours to complete their work assignment.
- At the drivers meeting, a sign-up sheet will be available. Each driver is required to corner work for one hour; the remaining three hours are available for lapping the course. Because we need corner workers at all times, all drivers will need to stay for the entire duration of the event. The sign-up sheet will have time slots for drivers to sign up.
- All standard autocross & safety rules apply, specifically:
- Car must come to a COMPETE stop at course finish. Failure to do so will: 1) earn a warning for the first offense, and 2) driver will be asked to leave the event with no refund on the second offense. This is purely for the safety of all those in attendance.
- If a driver loses control at the finish and damages timing equipment, they will be charged a $100 fee to replace the damaged equipment. This fee is due immediately to the club. Failure to pay the fee will result in the driver being asked to leave the event with no refund and may include a permanent ban from all future club events.
- All cars must satisfactorily compete a technical inspection. We perform annual tech inspections, so if a car passes inspection at this event, a sticker will be placed on the windshield of the car which means no further tech inspections are needed for 2023.
- No smoking in grid or on course.
- If a kart is present, no car shall have their engine running while the kart is moving in grid.
- If you will be working on your car, you are required to place jackstands under the car anytime it's being worked on. If you bring fuel cans to refuel during the event, you must inform club staff so that a fire extinguisher is present while the car is being refueled.
- All times will be displayed on our lightboard, but will not be recorded. The lightboard will face the finish and will be viewable after you complete your run.
- Last but not least - have fun!
Each run will be made on a technically designed, but challenging, course defined by orange traffic pylons - the course will be specific to test-n-tune events. Top Speeds are generally kept under 70 mph by the fastest or most powerful vehicles and the course can be anywhere between 30 to 60 seconds in duration. The length of each run is usually quarter to half of a mile.
Only one rider per vehicle will be allowed to ride as a passenger in a given run provided that they are at least 12-years of age ( and have a signed parental or guardian form filled-out ) and have signed the event wavier form, plus the temporary weekend membership form also.
Loaner helmets will be available at the event or you may use your own helmet provided that it confirms to the 2022 SCCA Solo Rules requirements.
Every competitor must have a current and valid drivers license or current and valid drivers permit ( with a signed parental or guardian form filled-out at the time of registration ) and must be prepared to present it at the registration table.
All vehicles must conform to the 2022 SCCA Solo Rules safety inspection. It will consist of making sure that all batteries are properly fastened in place, wheel bearings at all four positions are in good shape, seat belts are in good shape and properly fastened, brake pedal test involving no mushy brake feel or leaks, all lug nuts at each position are in place and properly torqued, all tires may not have any cords or belts showing & are not cracked or split anywhere on the carcass, etc. All coolant, brakes, engine or transmission leaks will be allowed if found to be excessive. All cars must have mufflers and be reasonably quiet during operation.
*We ask that all participants help during the setup of the course to help keep the event running smoothly and efficiently.
**We will need everyone's help & cooperation in picking up the course and loading the pylons and all the equipment back into the trailer.
We hope that each and everyone of you will come out to experience and enjoy the exciting world of solo racing & competition.
You can pay online with a Credit/Debit card or Check via Motorsportreg.com or you can elect to pay with cash, check or credit card at the event itself. - but you must pre-register!
Disclaimer: The above event is subject to cancelation due to other event scheduling conflicts that may occur.
This event is by pre-registration only! Pre-reg will close on Friday, February 16 at 10pm. No walk-up registrations will be taken on Sunday!