About this event
When this event closes, we are not adding any late registration becuase of the Covid requirements.
Guests and staff may still register in the guest registration listed below.
Autocross - Pre registration only. No walk-in's. (Registration closes midnight on Thursday prior to event)
- The driver/guest limit is 140. Everyone else will be waitlisted.
- Novices are welcome this year. We will provide coaching, but no in car instruction.
- Novice drivers will not be allowed to have passengers unless they are co-drivers
- You must comply with the current travel restrictions: Travel Restrictions
Our 1st event is a non points event with the following limits complying with our Devens' management agreement:
- Masks are REQUIRED, no exceptions
- If you feel sick, stay home. We have to deny entry to anyone showing symptoms. (event credit will be given if you let us know the day before the event)
- Guests 18 or older will be allowed but MUST pre-register - click here--> Guest Registration
- Please bring your own helmet complying with SCCA requirements: Helmet Certification Allowances under 'Quick Reference Guides'
- Dual drivers are allowed and will run in the same heat. When both drivers are in the same car they both must wear masks.
- You must be able to perform a supervised self tech on your own vehicle, including throttle return check, fluids check, wheel bearing check, etc.
- You must be able to stay for the full day.
- Significant social distancing measures will be taken while anyone eats onsite during your non working heat or lunch break.
- No trophy presentation at the end of this event.
For health and safety:
- Masks are required when not in your vehicle. Course work: Masks required until you are at your course work position, and are greater than 25 feet from any other worker. Our rule: "Helmets off, Masks on"
- Please bring your own masks
- You must agree to practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, before or on the event morning, please cancel; You will be given a credit.
- Drivers showing symptoms of Covid-19 at the event will be asked to leave
- Hand sanitizer will be available
- Port-a-potties will be sanitized before the event and periodically touch points will be sanitized during the event.
- The state requires contact tracing. Your name, email address and phone number need to be accurate in your motorsportsreg profile. It will be provided to the state after the event.
- Please bring your own pen for the waiver, worker check-in, etc.
“Or even better - complete an annual waiver form at https://www.scca.com/downloads and upload it to your SCCA account.
Location: Devens Airfield, Ayer Ma. (Entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
Please watch if you are new: Video explaining Autocross
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Driver Check in: 7:00 - 8:00 AM (Drive in, park in paddock, put on mask, and report to the check in table to sign waiver (Bring your drivers license and your own pen)
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Course Walks: 7:45 - 8:30 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:45
- First Car Off: 9:15 AM
SCCA rules, classing & helmet requirements Appendix A has car classes. The 'Quick reference' sheet section lists modifications that determine category of car classes.
"Xtreme street" supplemental SCCA class is available Rules here
Vehicle Eligibility: No Jeeps, pickups, trucks, SUV's or Shifter karts.
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
Member class numbers Please do not use a member class number from this list. Members: If you add your car class # here, if someone registers as your class #, contact email@example.com to have it reassigned.
License: A driver's license valid in the U.S. is required (except Jr Kart drivers)
Helmets: ECE, Snell M/SA 2005 or newer rated helmets.
Cost: SCCA member $50 Non member $65. Jr. Kart Member SUSPENDED for this event.
Payment: Required when registering.
Refund policy: No refunds. A credit for a future autocross event will be given if you cancel due to sickness after payments are processed.
Registering with our club in motorsportsreg.com: Set up an account. Go to "My account" in the dashboard. Select the helmet icon next to your name, Select "Add club membership", choose "SCCA New England Region - Solo".