About this event
Autocross - Pre registration only. No walk-in's. (Registration closes midnight on Thursday prior to event)
This is the regions Championship event. Everyone is encouraged to attend and compete for the day, but this is also a challenge for the season points winners to compete for the regional yearly championship trophy donated by Stirling Moss. The class winners will be in 1st heat. Everyone get's the normal amount of runs for the day.
All Moss competitors and Moss co-drivers will be put in the same heat.
3 and 4 driver cars are OK, but you can only have 2 Moss drivers in any one car.
Also, Moss participants can NOT be instructors - so pick something else for your work assignment.
There is some added information about it on the forum here: https://ner.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/NER-Solo-Rules.pdf
We need extra time for setup and planning, so please do not wait until last minute to sign up. Typically, this is the one event we can not allow leeway for late registrations, so please sign up on time if you plan to go.
And this is the current set of rules for this year:
- No driver limit any longer this year.
- Novices are welcome this year.
- Novice drivers will not be allowed to have passengers unless they are co-drivers
- You must comply with the current travel restrictions: Travel Restrictions
This event has the following limits complying with our Devens' management agreement:
- Masks are REQUIRED only for those who are not vaccinated.
- If you feel sick, stay home. We have to deny entry to anyone showing symptoms. (event credit will be given if you let us know the day before the event)
- Please bring your own helmet complying with SCCA requirements: Helmet Certification Allowances under 'Quick Reference Guides'
- Dual drivers are allowed and will run in the same heat.
- You must be able to perform a supervised self tech on your own vehicle, including throttle return check, fluids check, wheel bearing check, etc.
- You must be able to stay for the full day.
For health and safety:
- Please bring your own mask in case your work assignment requires wearing a mask.
- You must agree to practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum.
- If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, before or on the event morning, please cancel; You will be given a credit.
- Drivers showing symptoms of Covid-19 at the event will be asked to leave
- Shared equipment will be sanitized between heats.
- Port-a-potties will be sanitized before the event and periodically touch points will be sanitized during the event.
- Please bring your own pen for the waiver, worker check-in, etc.
“Or even better - complete an annual waiver form at https://www.scca.com/downloads and upload it to your SCCA account.
Location: Devens Airfield, Ayer Ma. (Entrance at 90 Fitchburg Rd. Ayer, Ma)
Please watch if you are new: Video explaining Autocross
- Gates Open: 7:00 AM
- Driver Check in: 7:00 - 8:00 AM
- Tech Inspection: 7:15 - 8:00 AM
- Course Walks: 7:45 - 8:30 AM
- Drivers Meeting: 8:45
- First Car Off: 9:15 AM
SCCA rules, classing & helmet requirements Appendix A has car classes. The 'Quick reference' sheet section lists modifications that determine category of car classes.
"Xtreme street" supplemental SCCA class is available Rules here
Vehicle Eligibility: No Jeeps, pickups, trucks, SUV's or Shifter karts.
Region Rule Information (Note: The Sound Limit at Devens is 90db measured at 75 feet.)
Member class numbers Please do not use a member class number from this list. Members: If you add your car class # here, if someone registers as your class #, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it reassigned.
License: A driver's license valid in the U.S. is required (except Jr Kart drivers)
Helmets: ECE, Snell M/SA 2005 or newer rated helmets.
Cost: SCCA member $50 Non member $65. SUSPENDED - Experienced Jr. Kart Member $30
Payment: Required when registering.
Refund policy: No refunds. A credit for a future autocross event will be given if you cancel before the day of the event.
Registering with our club in motorsportsreg.com: Set up an account. Go to "My account" in the dashboard. Select the helmet icon next to your name, Select "Add club membership", choose "SCCA New England Region - Solo".