About this event
NEPA SCCA 2018 Fall Pocono Event
This event will count as Points Event #10 and #11 for the Jack Williams NEPA SCCA Solo Point Series.
This event will be capped at 150 total entries per day, single day entries will open 9/2/18
- 6:00am - Gate Opens
- 6:00am to 8:00am - Registration Check-In/Tech/Course Open for Walking/1st heat drivers to grid.
- 8:15am - Drivers Meeting
- 8:30am - Worker Check in/1st heat drivers to grid (if not yet)
- 8:45am to ??? - Competition Runs
- Sunday Course walking available 30 minutes after Saturday competition runs.
- 6:30pm - All participants and staff need to head for the gate.
- 7:00pm - Track is hard locked until 6:00am. Track will consider any persons in the infield area after 7:00pm as trespassing
- 6:00am to 7:00am - Course open for walking
- 7:00am - Worker Check in/1st Heat drivers to grid
- 7:30am to ??? - Competition Runs
- Award Presentations at the timing trailer 30 minutes after competition runs.
- 6:30pm - All participants and staff need to head for the gate.
- 7:00pm - Track is hard locked until 6:00am. Track will consider any persons in the infield area after 7:00pm as trespassing.
- SCCA Annual Member Standard Entry Fee (2day): $115
- SCCA Annual Member Junior Kart Entry Fee (2day): $110
- SCCA Annual Member Standard entry Fee (Single Day): $65 (**Single Day REG Opens September 2)
- SCCA Annual Member Member Junior Kart Entry Fee (Single Day): $55 (**Single Day REG Opens September 2)
- Non-SCCA Annual Member: Standard or Junior Kart Entry Fee + $10
- As stated in our refund policy, there will be no refunds of any kind for this event.
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x. Junior carts are permitted at NEPA events (except at the LCCC venue/events) . JC carts (or really slow or unprepared JA/JB carts) may be required to run a "shortened course" at larger venues (like Pocono) due to the length of the track.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here
Pocono Specific Rules/Supplementals to Remember:
- There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You will be required to sign Pocono’s waiver sheet on your way in as well as NEPA’s waiver sheet for ALL attendees/guests, NEPA wristbands will be provided and must be worn for signed attendees/guests.
- Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
- Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles and are required to pass tech inspection.
- The track opens at 7am on Friday and gets hard locked at 7pm Friday. Trespassing after 7pm will be dealt with by track security. Pocono does sell camping packages inside the track that you can purchase through the Pocono Track offices for Friday or Saturday night. Camping must be in a self contained RV. They will charge for hookups and such. The track opens at 6am Saturday and Sunday morning. Everyone should be off property by 6:30pm on all 3 days.
- Although Pocono does have security at the track and the track will be locked Friday and Saturday night, NEPASCCA and Pocono are not responsible for any damage or lost valuables. The track is big and they can't watch everything, all of the time. The track will also be hosting a NASCAR experience event on other portions of the facility on Saturday and Sunday which will bring in other random people that may pass by our pit areas during the day. We've never heard of a problem at this facility but obviously we need to make this statement.
- Parking or idling is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please leave at least 10 feet of space between your vehicle and the road.
- There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
- All race vehicles will be parked in the paved NASCAR garage area.
- NASCAR garage spaces will be available for rental but limited to 26 spaces. Spaces will be sold with event registration. You will be permitted to leave your vehicles and gear in the NASCAR garages overnight both nights. Rental fee will be $25 for 2 days and 1 night. Pocono reserves the right to take 13 of those spots, refunds will given in the event that this happens.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember:
- Each competitor will be given at least 3 runs per day for their entry fee.
- The course will be open for walking Friday afternoon (once design is done and safety test runs completed), Saturday morning, Saturday late afternoon, and Sunday morning. Plan accordingly as to not hold up the driver’s meeting and the start of the event. The course will be fast but easy to follow. Lime will be used to help mark the course.
- The course is very long and the site is very big. Be mindful of the event schedule and how long it might take you to get through the gate in the morning or from one end of the facility to the other.
- Shifter carts are permitted at Pocono but the driver must be 18 years old.
Junior carts will be running. All cars must be stopped and turned off in our grid/course area while the junior carts are running.
- We will not be breaking for lunch or in between heats for worker changeovers. Worker changes will be done “hot”. Your work and run heats will be separated by at least 1 heat to give you time to deal with your car and be on time for your work assignment. Make sure you check in with the Chief of Workers before heading to your work assignment.
- Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. You can get a Minor Waiver sheet at a NEPA Solo Event or download a copy from the downloads section of nepascca.org
- All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete. Tech for TNT and the weekend will be held at the end of the NASCAR garage area. If you have your numbers, class, and required stickers on your car and pass tech for the TNT, you do not need to tech again for the Regional.
- Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events. Passenger must be at least 16yo and can prove so with an ID. Passengers are discouraged from using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the passenger is a novice). Event chairs have the right to prevent passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined. 16 and 17 yo passengers MUST have a minor waiver filled out and signed by a guardian before heading on course.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA normally does not use a sound meter to check exhausts. Safety stewarts and Event Chairs will decide if your car is too loud to run. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- NEPASCCA has a few loaner helmets if you do not have one. Due to the high turnout, there may not be a helmet available for you; definitely not one for a passenger and you. We suggest that you do purchase your own.
- You will have a work assignment for at least one heat per day over the weekend. Be early for your work assignment. Late arrivals and no-shows can be disqualified from the event.
- Jack Williams Tire and BFG stickers will be required on both sides of the vehicle as per our sponsor agreement in order for your car to be permitted on course. Solo Performance Specialties (SPS) will also be requiring a sticker and providing contingency money for our top 10 PAX finishers. Both sticker types will be available at registration check-in.
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to “Annual SCCA Members”. Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. Single day entries are not eligible for Regional trophies.
Plan for a long day at the track and varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....). Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.