About this event
Download and READ these documents!
Dog Days Of Track Days
July 8, 2021
at Road America – Elkhart Lake, WI
Brought to you by
With the generous support of:
SCCA Sanction Number: 21-TERG-55700
|HELD UNDER THE 2021 SCCA TIME TRIALS RULES (TTR)|
Milwaukee Track Days and Milwaukee Region SCCA are proud to present this 2021 Track Day event held at Road America. This particular all-day event is on THURSDAY. Thus we'll be running four (4) run groups with each group getting at least four (4) 25-minute sessions on-track. This is the 2021 "Dog Days Of Track Days" Track Day event. As always you get lots of seat time for a reasonable price. See our website, milwaukeetrackdays.com for more information
Entry fees for this event:
Track Day (SCCA Member / Non-member): $300 / $330
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
6:30 am - 8:00 am On-Site Registration
6:30 am - 8:00 am Technical Inspection
8:00 am - 8:15 am Track Day Coach Meeting – Medical Building
8:00 am - 8:20 am MANDATORY Track Day Drivers Meeting – Winners Circle
8:30 am - 8:45 am Novice Track Coaching (Group 2) after Drivers Meeting
8:30 am - 8:55 am Track Day Group 1
9:00 am - 9:25 am Track Day Group 2
9:30 am - 9:55 am Track Day Group 3
10:00 am - 10:25 am Track Day Group 4
10:30 am - 10:55 am Track Day Group 1
11:00 am - 11:25 am Track Day Group 2
11:30 am - 11:55 am Track Day Group 3
12:00 pm - 12:25 pm Track Day Group 4
12:30 pm - 1:15 pm Lunch – TRACK is cold
1:15 pm - 1:40 pm Track Day Group 1
1:45 pm - 2:10 pm Track Day Group 2
2:15 pm - 2:40 pm Track Day Group 3
2:45 pm - 3:10 pm Track Day Group 4
3:15 pm - 3:40 pm Track Day Group 1
3:40 pm - 4:05 pm Track Day Group 2
4:05 pm - 4:30 pm Track Day Group 3
4:30 pm - 4:55 pm Track Day Group 4
- Track Day Group 1: Advanced to expert high-performance track day driving skills
- Track Day Group 2: Intermediate and beginner high-performance track day driving skills
- Track Day Group 3: SCCA GCR Closed-Wheel
- Time Trial Group 4: SCCA GCR Open-Wheel
Dog Days Of Track Days - Track Day
Milwaukee Region SCCA
July 8, 2021 – Road America – Elkhart Lake, WI
SCCA Sanction Number: 21-TERG-55700
Held under the 2021 SCCA Time Trials Rules (TTR)
This event is presented by the Milwaukee Region - Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the 2021 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR) except as amended by these Supplemental Regulations.
Purpose: This Track Event (TE) is a NON-COMPETITIVE opportunity for participants to learn first-hand from experienced coaches and to practice repeatedly, at safe non-racing speeds, the basic principles and skills upon which the sport of motor racing is based.
Registration Information and Entry Fees
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION for this event is available. Please navigate to the online entry for this event:
- Event Registrar:
Rob Bedelis, W233 County Road S Hartford, WI 53027 (262) 573-7375
- Important dates regarding entries for this event.
A late fee of $25.00 may be added to all entries received after 1159 PM on Tuesday July 6, 2021
Returned/NSF checks and declined credit card numbers will be assessed a $50.00 fee ($25 fee plus the $25 late fee).
A cancellation fee of $25.00 will be deducted from all refund notifications received after 1159 PM on Tuesday July 6, 2021
- Regular online registration closes at 1159 PM on Tuesday July 6, 2021. Late registration will be available until 9AM Thursday, July 8, 2021, but will be subject to a $25.00 late registration fee.
- In the event of forecast of inclement weather, event will proceed as scheduled.
- Entry fees for this event (SCCA Member / Non-member):
Track Day SCCA member: $300 Track Day SCCA non-member: $330
Milwaukee Region SCCA reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
- Drivers MUST possess a valid state driver's license.
- All drivers 15-17 years of age must contact event officials before the event in order to submit a completed SCCA MS-L minor waiver (Form MS-L). Parent or legal guardian must be present at the event.
- Current SCCA membership is required. Weekend memberships will be available at registration.
- All participants, including drivers, workers, crew members, and guests must sign the SCCA Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (Form # SCCA-MS1).
- Any driver found to have driven on course in any vehicle before having properly completed the waiver signing process or submitting a completed tech inspection form will be disqualified from the event with no refund of entry fee and will be removed from the premises.
- Drivers and participants are responsible for conduct of all guests on site during the event.
- Consumption of alcohol by any legal-age participant, guest, volunteer, or worker is prohibited until the last session of the day has concluded. Use of narcotics or other dangerous drugs is prohibited at all times. Violators will be removed from the premises.
- All drivers may be required to work a flag station during one or more sessions when their run group is not on course as directed by the Event Lead or Safety Steward.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT A TECH INSPECTION FORM FOR THEIR VEHICLE
Eligibility of Vehicles
- Any vehicle that is judged to be in an unsafe operating condition at any time during the event shall be prohibited from further participation until the deficiency is corrected and re-inspected by tech inspection personnel.
- Any vehicle may be randomly inspected at any time during the event at the organizer’s discretion.
- All loose items must be removed from the outside and inside of the vehicle.
- All cameras or recording devices must be securely mounted / tethered.
- All vehicles must provide factory original (or better) seats that are securely mounted, seatbelts (SFI or FIA rated are recommended), and roll-over protection for both driver and in-car instructor (if used).
- Hardtop and targa top vehicles are allowed.
- Convertible vehicles operating with the factory roll-over protection system are allowed. Other convertibles not equipped with a factory roll-over protection system should be equipped with either a factory hardtop or a 4-point roll bar.
- Vehicles that are in compliance with SCCA road race, solo, rally or time trial rules are allowed.
- Drivers of open-top vehicles should use arm restraints or run with the top up.
Driver Safety Equipment
- While on course, all participants shall wear a safety helmet meeting Snell SA2010 / M2010 or later specifications.
- All drivers in open, convertible, targa, or T-top cars running with the roof panels removed must wear suitable eye protection, i.e., goggles, bubble shield, or face shield on full-face helmets.
- Group 3 and Group 4 drivers must use all required safety equipment as specified in the 2020 GCR for their particular class [driving suits, window nets, arm restraints, etc)
SPEED LIMITS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE LEAD DRIVING COACH. THE SPEED LIMITS MAY BE RAISED OR LOWERED BASED ON TRACK CONDITIONS AND THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE EVENT LEAD, LEAD DRIVING COACH, AND SAFETY STEWARD.
- TE driver groupings will be assigned prior to the event and will be based on completion of the Experience Level section of the Entry Form.
- A driver coach shall be available to each participant in a TE run group.
- A driver coach shall ride with each novice TE student until the Lead Driving Coach authorizes the student to drive alone.
- Passing will only be allowed in those sessions designated as passing sessions by the Lead Driving Coach. Passing will only be allowed in designated passing zones. All passes can only be made after the car to be overtaken has acknowledged the presence of the overtaking car and signaled on which side the pass is to be made by a hand signal (point-by). Use of a turn signal is not considered a valid means of signaling. Passing rules apply to Group 1 and Group 2. Passing rules do not apply to Group 3 and Group 4.
- Any driver who spins or leaves the course with all four wheels off course must return immediately to the pits and may not return to the course until authorized by Black Flag or the Safety Steward. A vehicle re-inspection by the Technical Inspector or Safety Steward may also be required prior to returning to the course.
- If a vehicle has become stuck in a run-off area, the session will be stopped until the vehicle is removed.
- The only passengers allowed in any vehicle on course during any TE session are the driver coaches which are approved for that event. No other persons may ride along in any capacity. Violation will result in removal from the event. Participants may ride as passengers in driver coach vehicles.
- Passengers other than instructors may be allowed at the organizer’s discretion.
The following flags and their meanings shall be explained at the driver’s meeting and used at this event:
- GREEN - when displayed, the green flag indicates that the course is clear.
- YELLOW - MOTIONLESS - take care, danger, slow down, NO PASSING,
YELLOW - WAVED - great danger, slow down, be prepared to stop, NO PASSING.
- RED - The session has been stopped. Clear the course for emergency traffic by stopping off course to the right as far as practical. Do not move until directed by a worker or official.
- BLACK - There is a problem with your driving or your vehicle. Proceed to the pits at a reduced rate of speed and stop about midway through the pit lane for consultation. Black flags will be shown at Start / Finish and Corner 6.
- BLUE WITH DIAGONAL YELLOW STRIPE - another driver is following you. Be prepared to signal at the next designated passing zone.
- ORANGE WITH YELLOW STRIPE - Debris on course, proceed with caution.
- CHECKERED - The session has ended. Please return to the pits at the end of this lap. Checkered flag will be shown at Start / Finish.
Pits, Grid & Paddock
- As per SCCA General Competition Rules, the hot pits shall be defined as the area from the chain-link fence to the trackside concrete wall.
- No cars are allowed to stop in the pit lane. Please keep the pit lane clear at all times.
- The entire track property is considered paddock. Rules will be enforced accordingly for all participants which includes crew and guests. Access to certain portions of the track property will be limited.
- No paddocking or parking allowed on access road(s). It may be necessary to limit support vehicles in the paddock. Car trailers are to be moved if so directed by the event officials. Any vehicle or trailer parked in violation of the event official's instructions may be towed away.
- A SLOW, SAFE AND PRUDENT speed limit in the paddock will be enforced.
- Proper credentials, closed-toe shoes and shirts are required in the pits, grid, and false grid areas.
- Smoking is prohibited in the pits, grid and false grid areas.
- No person shall ride on the bodywork of participating cars, tow cars, or on trailers.
- Drivers will be informed at driver’s meeting if there are any unstaffed corners.
- All trash must be placed in provided receptacles. All tires MUST be removed from the track property.
- On-site fueling will be available. However, entrants are strongly encouraged to fuel their vehicles prior to arriving at the event.
- Maximum sound reading allowed per TTR is 100dB measured at 50ft distance.
- Overall liability coverage for the event is $15 million. SCCA Member medical coverage is up to $1,000,000 per person; non-SCCA member medical coverage is $30,000 per person.
- National SCCA, the Milwaukee Region, and Road America are not responsible for any damage to personal vehicles or other personal items. Event insurance does not provide coverage for damage to participant vehicles.
Organizer’s Contact: Milwaukee Region SCCA, c/o Rob Bedelis, W233 County Road S, Hartford, WI 53027.
Phone: (262) 573-7375 Email: email@example.com.
OFFICIALS: TE/TT Event Lead: Rob Bedelis
TE Novice Coach: Justin Gaver
TE/TT Technical Inspector: Jim Stollenwerk
TE/TT Safety Steward: Rob Bedelis
ADDENDUM A: RULES OF ROAD AMERICA
- ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE ROAD AMERICA RACE TRACK WILL HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A current –VALID spectator ticket.
- A ticket with stub(s) upon entering.
- A ticket AND A VALID “Pass-Out” upon re-entering.
- A VALID credential (accompanied by a signed insurance-waiver witnessed by Road America/Club Staff personnel (PARTICIPANTS ONLY):
- Road America CREDENTIAL.
- Event sponsoring CLUB CREDENTIAL which is PROPERLY VALIDATED.
- Appropriate weekend WRISTBAND.
- A current –VALID spectator ticket.
- UNLICENSED VEHICLE GUIDELINES:
- RACE VEHICLES being used in the race event are allowed on R/A property
- AUTHORIZED ROAD AMERICA VEHICLES with a current year sticker are allowed on R/A property
- Participants may use unlicensed light vehicles and equipment carts but must have a current event sticker or yearly permit for use of such vehicles on Road America property. These will be referred to as “pit vehicles”.
- “Pit vehicle” registration (includes signing a liability waiver and acknowledgement of proper insurance) and fees must be taken care of at registration (locations may vary).
- Furthermore, according to the Wisconsin State Law, all ATVs should be registered by the State of Wisconsin, or by another State, in order to be operated within the State.
- ROLLERBLADES, NON-MOTORIZED & MOTORIZED SKATE BOARDS, AND ROLLER SKATES are not permitted on Road America property.
- BICYCLES are permitted but may not be ridden in the COMPETITION PADDOCK AREA – this is strictly PROHIBITED.
- OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES ON ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY:
- Operators of all motor vehicles (including golf cars) must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- At no time is anyone allowed to park in fire lanes. Violators will be towed.
- CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IS PROHIBITED BY COMPETITORS IN THE PADDOCK UNTIL AFTER ALL ON-TRACK ACTIVITES HAVE CONCLUDED FOR THE DAY.
- RACE ENGINES MAY NOT BE RUN WITHOUT ROAD AMERICA PERMISSION:
- Before 8:00 AM weekends (Friday-Sunday) / 8:30 AM weekdays (Monday-Thursday)
- After 6:00 PM weekends (Friday-Sunday) / 5:00 PM weekdays (Friday-Sunday)
- Lessee must vacate the property by 7:00 PM each day
- On-Track Operations 8:00 – 6:00 Weekends (Friday-Sunday), 8:30 – 5:00 Weekdays (Monday-Thursday)
- When paddock space is in the Campground area, Campground quiet time of 10:00 pm applies. Generators can be used only from 7 am – 10 pm and must not disturb other teams or campers.
- ALL VEHICLES OR TENTS REMAINING OVERNIGHT ON ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY MUST HAVE:
- A valid Road America overnight camping permit PROPERLY DISPLAYED.
- Overnight stays are not permitted without formal tent or motor home equipment.
- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED ON THE ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY WITHOUT ROAD AMERICA PERMISSION. PETS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY MUST EITHER BE:
- Kept within the vehicle with adequate ventilation and fresh drinking water.
- Kept under control of a leash.
- All pets are the responsibility of the owner. If your pet disrupts or causes harm to another individual, it will be grounds for removal of you and your pet from the facility without refund.
- FIRES, WHEN CONDITIONS PERMIT, MUST:
- Be contained within a device designed for containing a fire.
- Be completely extinguished before the coals, ashes, and remains are discarded.
- Not be within 10 feet of spectator containment fence or within 100 feet of an occupied Road America concession stand or near other competitors’ gasoline storage areas.
- TRACK ETTIQUETTE/ACCESS:
- At NO TIME are vehicles permitted to travel COUNTERCLOCKWISE on the track!
- No one is allowed access to the track after operations hours for any reason, i.e. running, walking etc.
- DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY:
10.1 Please do not drive stakes or poles into any asphalt surfaces and do not deface, cut, drive nails into or attach lines or any other objects to trees, bushes, light poles, site sign posts or buildings
10.3 Do not tamper with electrical facilities or any other facilities on RA property. Fines for destruction of property apply.
10.4 RA is not responsible for damage caused by other’s actions.
10.5 Check voltage in electrical receptacles before using
- ILLEGAL DRUGS, FIREWORKS, FIREARMS, ANY TYPE OF EXPLOSIVE ARE NOT ALLOWED ON ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY!
- No drones or unmanned aircraft systems are allowed. Violators in possession and/or operation at any time will be subject to confiscation of their unmanned aircraft, immediate removal from the property, and further prosecution by Law Enforcement.
- VENDING is not allowed on Road America property without obtaining the proper permit. To obtain such permit, a vendor fee must be paid. This fee varies per event. Contact Road America for details and prices and to make arrangements.
R/A premises are subject to video surveillance. Revised 3/13/2018