About this event
This off-road tour is open to all PCA members and their Porsche SUVs (Cayenne, Macan) and lifted (Safari) Porsche sports cars. Non-Porsche vehicles are permitted if the registrant is a PCA member.
Join fellow Porsche enthusiasts and adventurers in the beautiful Methow Valley in North-Central Washington for a weekend of exploring the valley and mountains in your Porsche SUV or lifted Porsche (Safari) sports car. We will be driving primarily on gravel/dirt roads and forest service roads during our excursions in the local area. Roads will not be technical or abusive to your vehicle, but you will encounter dirt, dust, and rocks. Roads and trails are well within the capabilities of any stock Porsche SUV. You just need to be willing to get your rig a little dirty. As defined in the PCA Off-Road Minimum Driving Tour Standards, this is defined as a Category 2 off-road tour. We will be spending Friday and Saturday nights at Howard’s on the River in Pateros, WA (see lodging details below).
September 15th-17th, 2023
Howard’s on the River, 233 Lakeshore Dr, Pateros, WA, 98846
We have blocked 18 rooms at Howard‘s on the River in Pateros, WA. The hotel will be our base of operations for the weekend. Howard’s is a luxurious waterfront hotel located along the Columbia River in Pateros and is the southern gateway to Okanogan Country and the Okanogan Scenic Byway. King and Double/Queen rooms are available in limited numbers at a discounted group rate of $125.99/night. Be sure to book as soon as possible and mention you are with PCA-PNWR Porsche Club when making reservations.
Website: https://howardsontheriver.com/ Phone: 509.923.9555
What to Expect:
Expect to have a fun and relaxing weekend in the great outdoors. Plan on a scenic group drive over the North Cascades Highway on Friday (or join us Friday evening at the host hotel in Pateros). On Friday and Saturday plan to travel some great forest service roads during the day as well as a sunset drive up into the North Cascades to the highest point in Washington where you can drive a motorized vehicle! There will be plenty of time for exploring the old-west themed town of Winthrop, swapping stories, picnicking, hiking and whatever else floats your boat. More specific details and schedule will be made available as we get closer.
What to Bring:
- 2-way radio
- Small cooler for snacks/drinks
- Northwest Forest Pass or America the Beautiful Pass
Questions, contact Martin Wild, Tour Leader, at (425) 299-3335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancelations: cancel before Sept 13th on MSR!. The hotel room block expires on Sept 1st. After that, on a space available basis only!
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a member of the PCA and should also be a member of PNWR. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis from the tour leader. Non-Porsches (SUVs) may attend if the owner is a PCA member...
For Adult participants and attendees: As stated in the tour information, all waivers MUST be signed at the staging area prior to tour departure. Minors under 18 years of age, must have their parent/guardian sign the "Minors as Observers Only Form". The parent/legal guardian MUST be available in person to sign the minor waiver form.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate MotorsportReg account.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/ under "Let's Get together--Tours"