About this event
Starting in Longmont, Colorado, this drive heads west to the city of Estes Park. This is a 4-hour drive with two breaks on public paved roads, with a stretch of smooth dirt for approximately 3 miles on Overland Road above Jamestown. High clearance is not required. The registration limit is 12 cars. Required registration for this free event is at msreg.com/LongmontEstesPark. No walk-ups for this event.
This driving event is held on public roads. Individuals participating must observe and abide by all traffic laws at all times
Organizer / Contact for Information: Naveen Viswanath at email@example.com or 720-272-3550
Starting Point: Meet at the Longmont Target, 551 S Hover Street at 8:45 am.
- 8:45 - Arrive at Target
- 9:15 – Leave Target, start a 50-mile drive heading west to Left Hand Canyon and Jamestown [Google Maps Link}
- 10:15-10:30 – Regroup at the scenic overlook before reaching Allenspark on Colorado Highway 7; short bathroom break (port-a-potty)
- 10:30-11:00 – Resume drive to Estes Park Safeway on Colorado Highway 7
- 11:00-12:30 – Picnic or other lunch at Estes Park. Option to break off here and head back home on your own
- 12:30-1:15 – 30-mile drive back on US Highway 36 to McIntosh Lake in Longmont [Google Maps Link]
Photo credit: Alan Warner
Event requirements: Please bring water, snacks, clothing, and other necessities to keep both people and cars happy at high altitudes in Colorado.