Islands and Peninsulas TourPNWR Tour
About this event
Join us for the “Islands and Peninsulas” tour – our FIRST 2022-2023 "winter" tour. Designed for Members who drive your Porsches year 'round! This tour will feature outdoor fall activities, scenic small-road driving, and convivial eateries. We'll start in Tacoma just minutes from Highway 16 in the Allenmore Marketplace with a Starbucks and McDonalds available. Come early and mingle! We’ll quickly cross the Tacoma Narrows bridge and spend the rest of our drive on small and smaller roads east of Highway 16, West of Hood Canal, and North of Shelton. We’ll spend time on the shore of two island parks and traverse several peninsulas to see what we can see. This a sightseeing and driving tour of rural neighborhoods where speeds will be modest and waving at neighbors will be often.
Our destination is Belfair for a late lunch. A splendid early fall tour with fun roads and cozy views! Prefer not to drive your Porsche? That's OK for these winter tours!
There are at least three options for late lunch/early dinner in Belfair and one in Bremerton (for you adventurous Italian food fans). Select one of the restaurants during registration and enter "0" for the others. If you enter all zeros for the four choices, it means you don't plan to eat lunch!. You can review each restaurant at the links below. Note that they all offer takeout service if you prefer not to eat indoors.
- Burger Claim and More = www.burgerclaimandmore.com – The most indoor and parking space – Tour choice!
- Los Agaves = LOS AGAVES MEXICAN RESTAURANT, Belfair - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor
- Haru Sushi Teryaki & Wok = HARU SUSHI TERIYAKI & WOK - BELFAIR, WA | Online Ordering | Clover
- Tony’s Italian Restaurant = www.tonyspizzabremerton.com
- Cancelations and refunds: Cancelations accepted until Nov 9th. There are no advanced payments required for this tour.
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a current member of the PCA as of the date of the tour. Porsche owners who are not members may register with the tour chair and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches on the winter tours are allowed, but of course we prefer Porsches!
Waiver signing for Adult participants and attendees: All drivers and passengers must sign the PCA Liability Waiver sheets at the staging area. Waiver sheets will be separated by your group assignment. Parents and minors must sign the Minors as Observers Only waiver form. See below.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable. For participants under 18 years old, at least one parent or legal guardian must also sign the Minors as Observer's Only Waiver sheet and they must be present at the staging area in order to sign.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour, each car and driver should register with a separate MotorsportReg account.
- Please read the Tour Rules and Etiquette Guidance on the club website prior to the tour date: www.pnwr.org > LOGIN AS A MEMBER > Club (does not display if you are not logged in) > Documents > Tours > download the document.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/