About this event
PCA Chesapeake’s Tour & Rally Committee is pleased to offer as its fifth event of the year another ice cream tour from former co-chair Steve Graham. The tour’s destination is Keyes Creamery in Havre de Grace, one of the 10 stops in the Maryland Ice Cream Trail. To bring us there, Steve will take us on a 55-mile, 105-minute drive through some wonderful backroads in Baltimore and Harford counties. He has brought us to Keyes before, but this year he will do it via a new scenic route. Steve’s ice cream tours are usually among PCA Chesapeake’s most popular events. So REGISTER for this one ASAP! Limited capacity.
This tour will be held in conjunction with a CHARITY DRIVE spearheaded by Community Service Chair Dan White. The tour’s $5 registration fee per adult will be waived for registrants who pledge to bring food stuff and other necessities for Sarah’s House. This housing program offers emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness in Anne Arundel County.
Please bring only items that appear on Sarah’s House’s list of needs:
- FRESH oranges, grapes, strawberries
- BOTTLED water
- CANNED carrots, mixed vegetables, green beans, spinach
- baby wipes
- NEW or USED twin-sized linens
- NEW or USED comforters.
WHEN and WHERE
- When: July 10, 2021, Sunday, weather permitting
- Assembly time 1:00 PM; drivers’ meeting 1:15; departure of first group 1:30
- Assembly point: The Baltimore County address will be sent to confirmed registrants by July 9.
- Route: Northern Baltimore and Harford counties
- Driving time and distance: 1 hour 45 minutes, 55 miles
- Destination: Keyes Creamery, 349 Hopewell Rd, Havre de Grace, MD
- Sign up here from 1 PM June 25 through 1 PM July 6, EDT.
- This tour’s capacity will be limited, so sign up ASAP after the registration window opens.
- $5 registration fee for each adult. Maximum fee $10 per car. No fee for minors (17 and younger).
- The fee will be waived for those who promise to bring items for Sarah’s House. See the list above.
- Priority for confirmations will be given to PCA Chesapeake members from June 25 to July 2. After July 2, other PCA members will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis if the tour is not sold out.
- Tour documents will be sent to confirmed registrants by July 9 via e-mail.
Send tour-related questions to the Tour & Rally Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.