Hawaii Island SCCA Solo Event #4 April 9, 2023Hilo Drag Strip/Pana‘ewa Drag Strip
About this event
Gates open at 7am.
NOTE: If you obtained an Annual Digital Waiver (with the vertical ID card), keep in mind that it expires on December 31. The renewal is quick and easy through: MY.SCCA , Online Store, Licenses and Waivers. There is no cost.
Beginning with Event #2 on February 12, 2023 the Registration fees will be increased to cover increases in our Weekend membership, Insurance, and Sanctioning. We always seek to keep the fees for our events as low as possible but increases are necessary. Mahalo for your understanding.
NO LATE CHECK IN’S, REGISTRATION MUST be done prior to 8:30AM the day of the event. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER REGISTRATION CLOSES!
Everyone is encouraged to use either the "SPEEDWAIVER" PROGRAM or the "DIGITAL ANNUAL WAIVER" The link to apply is: https://www.scca.com/articles/2015391-annual-waivers-go-digital
Drivers will need to be registered, sign waivers, put on wrist bracelet, have car and helmet inspected by tech and have numbers/ tires on car prior to Drivers Meeting at 9AM
We aim to provide each driver with 4 runs in the AM and 4 runs in the PM, with fun runs after the event if time permits. Gates to the facility are locked by Hawaii County promptly at 5PM!
If you are not an SCCA member you can get sign up for a membership at http://www.scca.com. Look for the "Join SCCA/Renew" link. Non-SCCA members are welcome to compete too and part of your registration fee covers a weekend SCCA membership.
SCCA Members Pre-Register $30.00
SCCA Members Day of Event $50.00
Non-SCCA Members Pre-Register $45.00
Non-SCCA Members Day of Event $65.00
If for some reason you have registered, paid, and need to cancel we will credit you for your next event within the next year.
For more information about our events, how to prepare, what to bring, etc. please see the "Resources" section of our website: http://www.bigislandscca.org/resources/
We welcome any new driver's, with or without experience, as long as you have a valid driver's license. There are classifications for most cars and we will assist you in selecting the appropriate class for your vehicle if needed.
When you arrive:
- Find the Registration area.
- Sign the waiver forms (SCCA and Hawaii County annual waiver, SCCA event waiver) either electronically or paper versions.
- Complete your registration card and hand it off to the Chief of Registration. Please be familiar with the classification guidelines as classing of the car is ultimately the driver's responsibility.
- Park your car in the paddock area and prepare it for Technical Inspection. Numbers and car classes need to be displayed on your car per regulations.
- Drivers should self-tech their cars in preparation for the inspection by the Tech Inspector. A self-tech form is available from Registration and at https://tinyurl.com/3yapb4v3. The form is not required to be turned in but is there to serve as a guide.
- ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PREPARE FOR THE EVENT!
- Be prepared for a "course walk".
- Be prepared to attend the Driver's Meeting just prior to the event start.
All drivers will be assigned a work assignment at the Drivers Meeting.
Again, please see the "Resources" section of our website: http://www.bigislandscca.org/resources/
We need your help in making the day a success, and that means, PLEASE BE ON TIME: 7:30AM or earlier!