About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter at NASA Crows Landing for the FINAL Competitive Event of the Season - The Top Driver Shootout!
NASA Crows Landing Airport and Test Facility, Crows Landing, CA (near Patterson off I5)
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/wx8Wct9w5ukmURav6
This is the location of the sign-in station.
TDS Shootout! "Run what you bring" BMW/Mini/Rolls Royce in the morning and early afternoon! Top combined TDS adjusted times get to run the course in a loopback-configuration for the Fechner cup, bragging rights, and the opportunity to put #1 on their car. Details to follow.
- This is a non-smoking event.
- Weapons including guns and fighting knives are not allowed at the event.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and bring it with you to the event. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all Autocross events for the year with one waiver.
This waiver is required for entry to the event, so be certain to follow the instructions carefully. Parent/Guardian signature is required.
If the event is sold out, you'll automatically be placed on the wait list. We will move folks from the wait list as spots open up, and in the order you registered. Your credit card will be charged to secure your spot on the wait list. If we do not get enough cancelations to let you in to the event, we will refund your entry fee (and any food purchase) only. Membership purchases are not refundable, even if you don’t get in.
PAYMENTS & CANCELATIONS
Your credit card will be charged at time of registration. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
A $35 cancelation fee will be charged if you cancel prior to close of registration. You will receive a credit on your MSR account for the difference you paid shortly after the event date. If you cancel after the close of registration, or you do not show up, or you are denied entrance for any reason, no refund or credit will be given.
BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process will be forwarded to National on your behalf before the close of registration. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your membership purchase because it has already been activated.
NO SHOWS/LATE CANCELLATIONS
We recognize life happens, but for our events to run smoothly and safely, we require all who commit to attend to show up to the event. Please do us the courtesy and cancel or notify us that you will not attend if something unexpected comes up.
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event. Your vehicle will be required to pass an on-site tech inspection. If it does not pass, you will not be allowed to drive your car.
- BATTERY IS SECURELY MOUNTED WITH FACTORY HOLD DOWNS! Make-shift hold downs are not allowed. This is our #1 reason for failing tech!
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value
- If aftermarket wheel studs are used, each wheel stud must be at least flush with the outer-most surface of the wheel nut when the nut is affixed by fingers and before any wheel nut is torqued to the manufacturer’s recommended value
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition
- The exhaust is in good working order
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for drivers. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "flip-flops" are allowed on course
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted
We reserve the right to refuse entry/participation to anyone for any reason inlcuding NONCOMPLIANCE WITH COVID-19 POLICY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
Your safe enjoyment of our event is our #1 priority. Driving is serious business and we need everyone in attendance to take it seriously. If you’re not following instructions, not playing by the rules, or not taking your work assignment seriously, we may ask you to leave and you may not be allowed to come back.