About this event
If you're interested in organizing a Fun Run or Tour for your FSR friends, here's your opportunity to learn from the FSR Tour Chair himself, Ed Merry.
Purpose: Build an FSR cadre of members trained to plan and safely conduct Fun Runs and Tours IAW PCA guidelines.
When: Saturday, 20 Feb 2021 from 10AM-12PM.
Where: Memorial United Methodist Church, 11000 Courthouse Rd, Charles City, VA 23030.
There is no cost for this event.
Limits: 6 entrants. (This limit is for number of map books to highlight, takes about 3 hours to highlight one map book)
What participation gets you:
- Delorne Virginia Atlas HIGHLIGHTED with Ed’s Twisty roads identified.
- A flash drive with course, checklists, forms, plus at least 6 recent Fun Run/Tour package examples.
- A tabbed looseleaf notebook with course, checklists, etc.
- Copies of PCA waivers and examples of insurance coverage.
- Wrist bands for use at your first event.
Note: This is NOT a driving event as the training will take place at the church social hall.
**The intent is for attendees to use the information presented and resources provided to actually conduct a Fun Run event for the Region. We'll assist with rounding up volunteers where required and take care of online registration, insurance and PCA admin.
COVID Considerations: Each attendee must have a signed PCA CDE Waiver on file (we'll have the list) or bring one to the workshop (download the form HERE). The meeting room will be sanitized in advance, hands sanitized and temperatures taken on entry, table seating will be at least 6 feet apart. Bring your own refreshments. Max gathering size is ten people per Virginia COVID restrictions. We also will ask about COVID symptoms at entry. If you are sick on the event date, stay home, let us know and we will refund your entry fee.
FIRST SETTLERS REGION - PORSCHE CLUB OF AMERICA
EVENT COVID-19 GENERAL SAFETY RULES
1. Masks are always required to be worn when moving away from your car during this event. If you object or are not comfortable with this requirement, please do not register to participate.
2. Avoid congregating at all times. Leave appropriate space between people, participating cars and other vehicles while parked. Maintain at least 6 feet of separation between family units at all times when out of vehicles and allow for an empty parking space between cars when you park.
3. Please do not come to the event if you are feeling ill, have a temperature above 100.4 degrees or have been in contact with someone in the past two weeks who has been sick. Refunds will be provided upon request – just ask. We highly recommend all volunteers and participants take their temperature to ensure it is below 100.4 degrees before departing from home for the event.
4. Signage will be put in place at event registration to remind participants of the virus risk and remind them not to participate if feeling sick.
6. We will provide hand sanitizer, nitrile gloves and masks for the event workers and have extra on hand for participants as needed. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash.
7. Every effort will be made to avoid touching between event workers and participants. Refrain from shaking hands, fist-bumps and hugs.
8. If someone becomes ill at the event, they will either be sent home to contact their medical provider, or the event medical response coordinator or other event volunteer will call 911. The decision to call 911 will be made using the following CDC guidelines for seeking emergency care:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
9. If any event participant does not comply with all the above safety ground rules, they will be asked to immediately depart the event. If there is sufficient concern regarding participant safety, the event organizers may cancel the event at any time, including prior to the start.