Endless Cones of Summer AutocrossColorado Air and Space Port
About this event
Title goes here
Location: Colorado Air and Space Port formerly known as Front Range Airport
Saturday August 20, 2022
By the way, autocross is a huge social event and a great time to meet new club members and visit with friends.
If you can volunteer to assist the chair in setting up the course and other activities to make this a successful event please contact us!
Event Chairs: Jeff Williams email@example.com and Austin Maguire firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar: Vicki Cox-Jones email@example.com
- The event is also open to licensed 16 and 17 year olds. RMR Junior Participation forms and instructions can be found under the forms tab on the club’s website. Please read them carefully.
- Please register early to assure your spot. PCA and Audi Club Members will receive preference provided they have registered by Aug 15. After Aug 15 open spots will be filled first come first served based on registration date.
- Pre-registration for this event is required as it allows us to plan for ‘beer thirty’ as well as organize the event, pre-configure timing and obtain volunteers.
- A Porsche is not required. Only SUV’s with a Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen or BMW badges are permitted and no pickups. Convertibles are just fine and you can run them with the top down.
- Restrooms are available onsite, however no concessions are available nor are any nearby. Please remember to bring your own lunch and plenty of non alcoholic drinks for use during the day.
- You will need a Snell rated 2010 or newer helmet. Motorcycle helmets with this designation are acceptable. The club has several loaner helmets available.
- New this year - we will divide autocross participants into 7 simple classes based upon car type and performance capabilities. Classing is optional, you may select TO (Time Only Class). Read below for further details before proceeding to the registration form.
Directions to the Colorado Air and Space Port autocross site:
- Caution: Do not use your GPS using the airport address. GPS will take you to the main terminal and that is not the correct location.
- I-70 East to Manilla Road Exit 299
- Turn left (North) and continue to the stop sign at Highway 36 (Colfax)
- Continue North on Manila Road across Highway 36 and over the railroad tracks.
- Make an immediate right hand turn in front of the Front Range airport sign and go through the gate.
- Follow the road east and then north to the autocross site.
If you can volunteer to assist the chair in setting up the course and other activities to make this a successful event please call or send an email to the Event Chairs: Scott Farrell firstname.lastname@example.org and Scott Pedram email@example.com
Be sure to review the class list below to determine your car class BEFORE proceeding to the registration form!
- Top Tech to be held prior to the start of each run group on Sunday. Please remove all loose items from within the car and the trunk(s).
- “Title goes here” Autocross – Saturday
- 7:00 to 8:30 Complete Autocross Setup (Volunteers Needed)
- 8:00 to 9:00 Registration/Check-in/Course Open for Walking
- 9:00 to 9:30 Drivers Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- 10:00 Group A – First Car on Course AM
- 10:45 Group B – First Car on Course AM
- ~12:00 Lunch Break (No Concessions. Bring your own lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.)
- ~12:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- ~1:00 Group A – First Car on Course PM
- ~1:45 Group B – First Car on Course PM
- ~3:00 Course Tear Down
- ~3:00 Beer Thirty
Autocross Competition Classes
- TO = Time Only or Non-Porsche
- Select the TO class if you will drive something other than a Porsche, or if you drive a Porsche and do not wish to place your car in a Porsche class
- CS = Class SUV -- All Cayenne, Macan & Panamera models
- C1 = Class 1
- 356 (all)
- 912, 912E
- 914 (all)
- 911 (thru 1988)
- 924, 944, 968, 928
- 911 Turbo (3.3 liter and under)
- Boxster 986 (non-S, thru 2004)
- C2 = Class 2
- Boxster & Cayman 987.1 (non-S, 2005 - 2008)
- Boxster S 986 (thru 2004)
- 911 - 964 & 993 (non-Turbo, 1989 - 1998)
- C3 = Class 3
- Boxster & Cayman - 987.1 (S models, 2005-2008)
- Boxster & Cayman - 987.2 or 981 (non-S, 2009-2016)
- 911 - 964 Turbo (1990-1994)
- 911 - 993 Turbo (1994-1998)
- 911 - 996 & 997.1 (non-S, 1999-2008)
- C4 = Class 4
- Boxster & Cayman - 987.2 & 981 (R/S/GTS, 2009-2016)
- Boxster & Cayman - 982/718 (non-S, and S models 2017->)
- 911 - 996 & 997.1 (S/GTSs, 1999-2008)
- 911 - 997 (non-Turbo, 2005-2012)
- 911 - 991 & 992 (non-S, 2012->)
- C5 = Class 5
- Boxster & Cayman - 982/718 (GTS/GTS 4.0 models, 2017->)
- Boxster Spyder - 981 & 718 (2016->)
- 911 - 991 & 992 (S/GTS/X51, 2012->)
- 911 - 996 & 997 & 991 & 992 (Turbo/Turbo S, 1999->)
- Taycan (all)
- GT2 & GT3 & GT4 (all)
- Carrera GT
New for the 2023 PCA RMR autocross season - Class Championships! For bragging rights (and maybe some neat swag) at the year-end party we will be recognizing a class champion for each of the CS, C1, C2, C3, C4, and C5 autocross classes.
Autocross Season Scoring and Rules
- Your scored points for an event are calculated by giving the driver with fastest time for a class 1000 points. Each successive driver in the same class gets a percentage of 1000 points based on the formula (Drivers Time / Fastest Class Time) x 1000..
- Only the fastest runs of the day are scored.
- You must score points in at least 3 events per season in a single car in a single class to qualify for the season championship.
- You can compete in more than one class, but you can only qualify for season championship points in one class.
- If an event gets cancelled, the minimum number of events to qualify (3) will stay the same.
- Points cannot be transferred to a different class.
- Class standings are determined by the points total from each driver's 3 best events.
- In the event of a tie in point totals, the season average score (average of the driver's best 3 events) will be used to determine the season championship. If there is a tie in the season average scores as well, then the championship will be determined by the highest average score from the best 4 events.