About this event
EASTERN SHORE TOUR TO SUICIDE BRIDGE
PCA-CHS 2022 Tour & Rally Event No. 1 – April 10th, Sunday
To begin the 2022 driving season, PCA Chesapeake’s Tour & Rally Committee is pleased to offer its first event of the year. Twisty back roads, lovely scenery and an interesting destination promise to provide an enjoyable experience to participants of the “Eastern Shore Tour to the Suicide Bridge” on April 10th. This driving event was conceived, designed and planned by guest tour master Tom Divilio, shown in the photo, above, next to his 2019 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet.
From Cambridge, we will drive on some of the most delightful and lightly traveled back roads on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. A series of twists and turns will take us through the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge. After about 75 minutes of driving fun, we will head to the bridge in Hurlock where three suicides occurred over the years. Our tour will end when we reach the restaurant that sits next to the Suicide Bridge, which crosses Cabin Creek. The group lunch there will be optional (attendees are responsible for their lunch).
This tour will be a limited-capacity event so REGISTER ASAP!
WHEN and WHERE
- When: April 10, 2022, Sunday, weather permitting
- Assembly time: 10:00 AM; driver's meeting 10:15; departure of first group of cars 10:30
- Assembly point: The Cambridge address will be sent to confirmed registrants by April 9.
- Route: From Cambridge, through Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, to Hurlock
- Finish line: Suicide Bridge Restaurant parking lot, 6304 Suicide Bridge Rd., Hurlock MD 21643
- Fee $5 per adult; minors (17 and under) free.
- From March 26th at 1 pm to April 2nd, PCA Chesapeake members who sign up will be given priority. From April 3rd to April 6th, confirmations and wait-listing will be done regardless of regional affiliation. Nonetheless, all interested PCA members should register ASAP. Remember: first-come, first-served.
- Only those who are registered and confirmed may join this tour.
- Tour documents will be sent to confirmed registrants by April 9th via e-mail.
- Send tour-related questions to Tour & Rally Committee co-chairs Aniano Arao and Rich Ehrlich at email@example.com.