About this event
Spectators are Free!
Have you ever sat on the hill at the Lime Rock Historic Festival and thought “I’d love to be out there with them”? Here is an opportunity to immerse yourself in vintage racing - without the expense.
Driven to Race is designed for enthusiasts who would like to race, but aren’t quite ready to make the leap to attend the VSCCA Drivers' School. Whether you are a VSCCA member, or not – Driven to Race will give you the taste of vintage racing that will help you decide to take that next step – and you’ll have fun doing it.
Not to be confused with the VSCCA Drivers' School, which is a 2-day racing and school event requiring separate registration, this is a half-day, low-key, introductory event for prospective VSCCA members.
- About 2 hours of track time with professional instruction.
- Enjoy both the half-mile Proving Grounds "autocross" course and the iconic Lime Rock road course.
- Spend your off time watching fantastic vintage racing.
- Guided tours of the VSCCA paddock to see the cars and talk with the VSCCA drivers in an uncrowded, low-key environment.
We’d love you to join us wheel-to-wheel vintage racing, but the reality is that few people jump in without testing the waters.
The VSCCA Driven to Race half-day program at Lime Rock Park provides the opportunity to drive both the iconic 1.5-mile road course and new 0.5-mile Proving Grounds autocross track where participants learn from a Lime Rock driving instructor while utilizing their own car. All sessions are non-timed and not competitive.
- Only 24 cars accepted, split into two groups to provide maximum track time.
- Professional instruction with a Lime Rock driving coach.
- 2-Hour, run-group format, non-timed session on the new 0.5-mile Proving Grounds "autocross" track.
- Request either 12:00 or 2:00 PM start time, subject to availability.
- A professional Instructor can provide driving feedback when needed.
- About 30 minutes of paced parade laps of the iconic 1.5-mile Lime Rock Park road course.
- Open to all drivers with a valid driver's license 18 years of age or older. No track experience necessary.
- Enjoy a full day watching VSCCA vintage racing and touring the paddocks.
- Guided tours of the paddocks to meet drivers and their cars. Learn more about what is involved in vintage racing.
- Although we prefer classic cars, any car or truck type is accepted provided it is muffled to 86db maximum. As an example, 86db is somewhere between the sound of a vacuum cleaner and a lawn mower. If you have a street legal car it is highly unlikely you will have a problem. (As an example, 86db is somewhere between the sound of a vacuum cleaner and a lawn mower. If your car is street legal it is highly unlikely to be too loud.)
- No personal safety equipment required.
- Passengers allowed.
- White you're at it, why not consider also doing our vintage racing Drivers' School! They're on the same weekend and don't overlap, so you can do both!
Saturday, May 6, 2023
- 12:15 PM: Meet at the the Proving Grounds autocross track for chalk talk and autocross runs until 3:00 PM.
- 3:00-4:30 PM: Tour the paddocks and enjoy vintage racing from various vantage points.
- 4:30 PM: Line up to enter the track for roughly 30 minutes of parade laps of the iconic Lime Rock Park road course, led by a pace car.
- 12:30-2:15 PM: Tour the paddocks and enjoy vintage racing from various vantage points.
- 2:15 PM: Meet at the the Proving Grounds autocross track for chalk talk and autocross runs until 5:00 PM.
- 5:00 PM: Proceed from autocross to line up to enter the track for roughly 30 minutes of parade laps of the iconic Lime Rock Park road course, led by a pace car.
Further details on the event will be sent to you two weeks before the event.
- Vintage racing proceeds rain or shine! No cancellation within two weeks of the event. If weather forces the cancellation of the “Driven to Race” event you will get a full refund.
- Requests to switch between groups 1 and 2 can be made- subject to availability. Email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kobus Reyneke - (201) 913-2675 or email@example.com
Driven to Race is organized by the Vintage Sports Car Club of America. Check out the VSCCA at VSCCA.org
- If you have not used motorsportreg.com before please set up a free account by starting here: New account setup
- If you have a motorsportreg.com account but have not used it for a VSCCA event please click here for a video: Existing accounts new to VSCCA
- If you need to update/change your registration (vehicle, group, etc.) please see these instructions: How to change registration
- If you need to cancel your registration please see these instructions: How to cancel registration
- For other help links start here: MotorsportsReg Help
Open to all drivers with a valid driver's license, 18 years of age or older.
- Racing experience: None required.
- VSCCA membership: Not required. VSCCA members and non-members are welcome. If you're interested in becoming a VSCCA member, please contact Kobus Reyneke at 201-913-2675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current medical: Not required.
- Personal safety equipment: None required.
Although we prefer classic cars, any car or truck type is accepted provided it is muffled to 86db maximum.
- Convertibles are welcome - no roll bar necessary.
- Muffled?: Yes. Please make sure your car meets the sound requirement of 86db or less. It is at the track's discretion to remove you from the event if you are over the sound limit due to town ordinances. We cannot issue refunds or any credits due to non-compliance.
- Technical inspection: Not required, but we expect you to have a car in safe operating condition and empty of loose items.
- Logbook: Not required.
- Registration is subject to approval. We’ll review registrations and get in contact if we have questions.
- If you decide to bring a different car from the one registered, you must notify us of this change or you may not be allowed to participate in this event.
- Questions and to check car eligibility in advance, please contact the Event Chair Kobus Reyneke at (201) 913-2675 or email@example.com.