About this event
Drift Nirvana on the Washington
The return of hot lapping on the Washington circuit! This first event of the year will be held on February 28, 2021. Drivers are permitted to load in the day before on February 27 (after 6pm) and stay overnight.
The Circuit will be divided into two courses: Hot Lap and Single Run. No cage is required for hot lap or single run.
Single Run: Single Run drivers run on the track solo. There is only one car on track at a time. Single Run drivers who wish to move to Hot Lap sessions must demonstrate the ability to drift the entire course without spinning or straightening at least twice in a row. They should be in full control of their car at all times, and follow similar lines throughout the course.
Hot Lap: Hot Lap drivers do NOT need a roll cage to hot lap. However, they are required to maintain a safe distance between other cars on track. They will be on track with other cars but must not follow too closely behind them. If you are driving too close to another driver, you will be shown a yellow flag. This means to slow down and back up. If you continue to follow too closely, you will be shown a black flag. If you see a black flag, you must exit the course at your first opportunity. If you are shown a black flag twice, you will be moved to the Single Run group. If you feel you are being followed too close, pull off the course and tell the flagger. Then re-enter the course.
Participant and Crew screening
Participant and crew member are encouraged to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms with the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Temperature checks: Patrons are encouraged to take their temperatures daily. If their temperature measures over 100 degrees, campers should leave immediately.
- Sick guests: Any guest who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., answers yes to any of the screening questions or who is running a fever) must leave the grounds immediately and seek medical care and/or COVID-19 testing, per CDC guidelines.
THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 50 DRIVERS. Register online and we will charge your card when you show up $95 for Washington Circuit. If you do not pre-register online you will pay $115 + $10 gate ticket.
Some important points to note:
1. All cars must be registered and teched by 9AM, and all drivers must be in the driver's meeting at 9AM.
2. Full body work is required. This includes hood, fenders, and glass (front and rear).
3. Your helmet must be up-to-date and in good condition.
4. Vehicles must have easily visible/accessible tow hooks or straps on the front and rear of the vehicle.
All questions can be answered by reviewing these documents:
2021 Driver's Manual
General tech inspection requirements - Coming Soon
Media Guide - Coming Soon
Interest/Questions/Comments are welcome to driftnirvanaSP@gmail.com
Message us or comment below if you have questions.
Media send requests to DriftnirvanaSP@gmail.com
PLEASE NOTE: ALL DRIVERS MUST HAVE COMPLETED TECH INSPECTION BY 9 AM AND ATTEND THE 9 AM DRIVER'S MEETING IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT
Other Rules & Common Sense
1. Full body work required. This includes hood and fenders and all front and rear glass. Side windows should be down or removed. Bumper covers are not required, but some type of structure, either substructure of bumper or a "bash bar" is required. Sunroofs must be closed.
2. Registration and tech inspection ends at 9 AM. Drivers’ Meeting is held at 9 AM. Those who do not complete tech inspection and attend the driver's meeting at 9 AM will not be allowed to participate in the event.
3. Vehicles must have easily visible/accessible tow hooks or straps on the front and rear of the vehicle. OEM hooks are not acceptable if they are blocked by bumper covers
DRIVERS: Your car must pass tech inspection, and your helmet must be up-to-date (SA2010 or newer) and in good condition. You must complete tech inspection and attend the driver's meeting at 9 AM in order to participate. ALL drivers AND passengers must have a helmet. Please check the rule book so you know what to expect for the technical inspection: