About this event
Winter AutoX is a timed driving competition in which entrants drive one at a time along a defined course. The course is a mixture of dirt, ice and snow, and possibly other surfaces.
Rocky Mountain Motorsports has allowed us to use their future paddock before it is paved. https://rockymotorsports.com/
$60 for CSCC or WCMA affiliated club members. $80 for the general public. Online registration only.
- 08:00 - 08:40: *Registration
- 08:40 - 08:55: *Drivers Meeting
- 09:00 Gate opens
- 9:00 - 9:20 Course walk
- 09:20 - 16:00: Driving
- 16:00 - 16:15: Wrap-up Meeting
Note there will be 3 run groups. 1 will be marshalling, 1 will be driving, and 1 is free to grab lunch, gas, and work on cars. It is expected that each run group will take 48 minutes with 15 minutes between run groups for change over. If you can change over faster than 15 minutes, there could be time for fun runs at the end of the day.
You will bring or leave the site to get your own lunch during your break.
Motorsport is a privilege, not a right. We are here to demonstrate that motorsport can be conducted in an organized, responsible, and respectful manner. We have zero tolerance for:
- Not observing traffic laws in the area.
- Littering (e.g. car parts, cigarettes, garbage, food, vehicle fluids, etc.).
- Mistreatment of the other users of the facility.
- Racing off the track, burn outs, or stunting in the facility or within the surrounding community.
- Possession, use, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving on RMM's paved track
Event cancelation is subject to weather conditions such as windchill. As this is a winter event, expect the weather to be cold; you can't go wrong by dressing like it's -40 degrees. The event will only be run if the organizers consider conditions at and on the way to the venue to be safe. Events will be cancelled or postponed if there is a cold weather warning for Carstairs. If we cancel the event, you will receive a credit for a future event.
EVs are not permitted to compete at this time. "The WCMA board would like to remind all clubs that at this time fully electric vehicles (EVs) are not permitted in any sanctioned competition until the following conditions are met: 1) Stoneridge or any future insurer will cover the use of EVs in competition, and 2) Effective safety measures are established and available at competition facilities where EVs are participating. While we recognize the appeal of EVs, we are not equipped or financially able of assuming the risks presented by this technology. Thank you for your understanding." https://www.wcma.ca/solosport/
When you are not driving, in the staging area, or on break you are expected to work as a track marshal. Your times will only be recorded if you work when you are not running.
It is very hard to find venues. We are very fortunate that Rocky Mountain Motorsports is supporting us to be able to run this event on their property. Keep it clean. What you bring in, you take out.
Helmets must be worn by all occupants of the car while the the car is on the track.
Helmets must be worn for all track and autocross events. Helmets certified as meeting the most current or the two most recent applicable Snell, FIA, or SFI standards are acceptable. Acceptable helmets are:
- Snell ratings: SA2015, SAH2015, SA2020, SAH2020, M2015, M2020
- SFI ratings 31.1, 31.1A, 3.12, 31.2A, 31.1 2005, 41.1, 41.1A, 41.2, 41.2A, 41.2 2005, 24.1
- FIA Ratings: 8860-2020, 8860-2015, 8859-2015
- ECE R22.05
- BS6658-85 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A
Summer tires are not permitted. Cars are classed based on drive: FWD, RWD, or AWD.
Studded tires are not allowed on any part of the asphalt track including the pits at Rocky Mountain Motorsports. Studded tires may be used in the paved paddock only to get to start and to your paddock spot. Studded tires may be used on the competition surface. Studded tires produced by a tire manufacturer (such as the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9) that are DOT approved for use on public roads may be used. These tires must retain the original amount and type of stud installed at time of manufacture and must not be modified.
Tires in which studs are installed subsequent to the manufacturing process may also be used and the following conditions must be met.
- (a) Studs must protrude no more than 3.5mm from the tread face, and meet the Tire stud Manufacturers Index (TSMI) specifications on size 12, 13, 15 or 16. Stud construction shall have a single base flange, a cylindrical body, and carbide tip with maximum diameter of 2.5mm.
- (b) The studs must be mounted in DOT tires that are designated by the manufacturer as studdable and are produced with moulded holes for the purpose of stud retention.
- (c) There may only be a maximum of 130 studs per tire, regardless of tire size.
- (d) Adhesive may be used to affix the stud into the tire.
- (e) Homemade, competition, specialty, off road or custom studs are not permitted.
RMM has legal sound limitations that are enforced by the county. Noise levels above those limitations can cause serious problems, including the loss of the venue. Based on RMM's sound tests in the summer, it appears that vehicles with sound levels below 95dB should be acceptable. However, Winter AutoX is running in a different location off the track where sound levels were tested. Sound levels outside of the facility must remain below 66 dB. If our activities create sounds outside of the facility >66dB the maximum sound level for Winter AutoX will be reduced for the next event. All vehicles must have an exhaust system installed including a muffler. Sound will be measured at the event. Vehicles that are louder than 95dB will have one chance to make a mechanical change to bring the level below 95dB. If that doesn't happen, that vehicle will be refused entry or asked to leave. Keeping the noise down is extremely important.
You must not drive on any paved surface with the exception of the venue entrance road and paved paddock. The RMM track, entrance to the track from the pits, the exit from the track to the pits, and the pits are strictly off limits.
Fill out the waivers and tech form and either email it to email@example.com or print and bring them to registration on the day of the event:
Personal Waiver Waiver, General_En_Autoslalom.pdf
Rocky Mountain Motorsports Waiver https://rmm.speedwaiver.com/bowoa. This only needs to be signed once for the year.
If the entrant is under 18 years of age, two waivers need to be signed
- Parental Consent Waiver (if entrant is under 18 years of age) Stoneridge_Parental_Consent.pdf
- Minor Waiver (must be filled out by entrant under 18 years of age) StoneRidge_Minor_Waiver.pdf