About this event
For the second year CWI is renting the Madison College Public Safety Training Facility for three autocross events. The location is at the old Columbus 151 Speedway property but that no longer exists. What they have now is a great slab of blacktop that is approximately 600 ft long and 200 ft wide with a few access roads thrown in.
We do this for fun so there aren’t any trophies or awards. We do keep time so you can run against your friends or just try for your personal best.
Depending on turnout you can get many runs per day to polish your skills. This is the first year we are opening it up to other clubs. Non members must abide by PCA rules. All cars must be safe to run. Drivers must have helmets, long pants and shoes. All safety equipment in the car must function. We will be doing a basic check before you are allowed to run. Unsafe cars will be black flagged and not allowed on the track unless the infraction is repaired. Course setup and tech inspection will be starting at 8:30 and timed events at 10:00. We should be done by 3:30
Registration is in advance at https://www.motorsportreg.com/
Search for; CWI Autocross @ MATC Training Center
Cost is $55 per driver for PCA members, $65 for non-members.
The helmet meets the rating requirements min. Snell 2015
· the restraint system is operational,
· all loose objects are removed,
· cameras are properly attached,
· the brake pedal is firm,
· the throttle operates properly,
· seats are properly attached and functional,
· wheels are properly secured,
· there are no significant fluid leaks,
· tire and wheel integrity is checked,
· the battery is secure, and
· the fuel cap is present and secure, and any other items deemed necessary by safety inspection.
· Footwear must be non-slip and NOT be open-toe or have heavy-duty soles such as those found on hiking shoes or work boots.
· NO ALCOHOL OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES CAN BE CONSUMED BY ANY PERSON AT THE SITE OF THE EVENT DURING THE HOURS OF EVENT OPERATION.
· Eligible cars: All Porsche vehicles and other manufacturer automobiles are eligible. But only Porsche cars are eligible for the CWI Championship.
Karts and motorcycles are not allowed to participate.
· Everyone, drivers and spectators, at the event location must sign the appropriate PCA insurance waiver.
· All participants are required to volunteer at the event as directed by the organizer.
Additional rules apply as per “PCA AUTOCROSS MINIMUM STANDARDS” 05/2020