About this event
This is the registration for BMWCCA, Trillium Chapter & PCA-UCR Autoslalom Event on Sunday June 12th, 2022 held at the CAA Centre, Brampton.
You must be a member of the following clubs to race at the event:
- Trillium Chapter BMW CCA or any other chapter of BMW CCA
- BMW Club of Canada
- PCA UCR
- CASC affiliate club
NOTE: PCA members will have the choice to continue with their existing format of non-competitive runs.
If you are currently not a member, an annual membership (for BMWCCA) can be purchased during this event registration process.
All makes/models welcome (not exclusive to BMW & Porsche). The course will be designed to allow beginners a fair chance to get competitive results.
The North-West parking parking lot will be used for the Autoslalom event, race paddock (parking) will be on the far West parking lot.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID-19 MEASURES.
The objectives stay the same:
- Be SAFE,
- Have FUN and
- Become Better Drivers
Let’s get the REALLY important stuff way up front – READ THE FOLLOWING FULLY:
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, confusion or bluish lips or face, sudden loss of taste or smell, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers, facility staff and event organizers into consideration and practice social distancing, wearing a mask is optional, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently. Remember, some participants may have underlying health conditions and are very concerned about unwanted contact. Please respect the conditions under which this event is being held.
Please understand the COVID-19 rules for participants are non-negotiable.
- Print and fill out the Car Profile Form ahead of time. PDF link below....
- Follow the SPEEDWAIVER link and follow the steps. Screenshot the conformation with your photo. It will be required at registration.
- Bring lots of water, no communal coolers with water will be available.
- Bring coffee and snacks (hit the local drive-thru before you arrive; no breakfast will be available).
- REMEMBER to bring your own helmet, club-loaners are available on site (free). Helmets are mandatory. Recommend Snell SA2015 or Snell SA 2020 helmets..
- RAIN or bright SUNSHINE, bring an umbrella, consider bringing a pop-up canopy/tent – the facility will not be open for refuge.
- Bring adequate tools – sharing is discouraged!
- Bring masks (optional now), gloves (if you intend to wear them), hand sanitizer and wipes for your car (there will be hand sanitizer at locations around the track but don’t count on them being close when needed).
- Set more than one alarm clock and DO NOT BE LATE; if you miss the safety meeting you may go a long time before you see the track through your windshield! Expect registration will take longer than normal.
- Members from the same household are allowed in a car with a member.
WHAT TO LEAVE BEHIND:
- COVID-19: if you think you have symptoms, DO NOT COME (a full refund will be given after you provide a note from your doctor).
- If possible, your pet (pets are allowed but the owner is fully accountable for them throughout the weekend – they cannot be passed off to a non-family member for care while you are on the track).
THE REGISTRATION, PARKING AND SAFETY PROCESS:
- Registration starts at 8:30AM and is held at the at the Main Entrance to the facility.
- If you are not able to print from home, there will be copies available on-site. Legibly print your name and then sign the BMW CCA waiver taped to the registration table.
- Place your car number in at least 2 locations visible to the timer on your car. Painter's tape & shoe-polish available on site for marking numbers.
- prep your car (removing any loose items including floor mats) and yourself.
- When registration is complete, be in hearing distance of the Kennedy Street Entrance for the Safety Meeting. You must be at the Safety Meeting to get on course!
Event held at the CAA Centre, Brampton 7575 Kennedy Rd S. L6W 4T2 (NW parking lot, enter from the SE)
Hosted by BMWCCA Trillium Chapter & Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region
CAR PROFILE FORM:
8:30am - Registration check-in will open
9:30am - Mandatory driver's meeting & track-walk
10:00am - First car off (after track-walk).
Racing (Members): includes 6 timed runs
$41.20 per competitor ($40.00 for event, $1.20 online registration admin fee)
By members, we refer to BMW CCA, PCA and CASC-affiliate clubs.
Membership: (BMWCCA) renews annually at time of initial sign-up
$83.85 ($71.68 annual fee, $9.32 hst, $1.85 online admin fee)
DRIVING EVENT DETAILS:
- Minimum age to compete in this event is 19 years.
- All competitors must have a FULL valid driver's license (no learner permits).
- Minimum is a Snell M2015 or SA2015 helmet for all cars, drivers and passengers (Shared loaner helmets are available free).
- Driver numbers will be assigned at registration check-in. All drivers must display their competition number in a contrasting colour, on both sides of their car.
- Passengers must be minimum of 18 years of age or older and must sign the waiver (available at registration on the day of the event). Passengers are permitted to use loaner helmets.
- All cars will run in numeric order (1, 2, 3, 4 ...).
- Marshalling duties required for this day.
- All pylons hit on the course will be charged a two (2) second penalty per cone. Leaning/pointer cones are not counted.
- The decisions of the marshals on the course, the timing people, and the scorers are final.
- Any practicing and/or warming up of tires in adjacent properties and/or parking lots will result in disqualification from the event and series. Deliberate "burn outs" and "smoke shows' will also result in disqualification from the event.
- All competitors must attend the driver’s meeting prior to the start of each event.
- The Event and/or Series Organizers have the right to refuse entry or disqualify a competitor from competition for any reason
- Two driver cars should only have one number visible while on course. Shoe polish or tape is acceptable.
- If sharing a car, each driver must register and pay separately. Please make sure the shared vehicle is shown on both drivers' MotorsportReg.com profile/garage
- Your insurance is not valid at this event. Any damage you cause (to other cars and/or facility infrastructure) will be charged to you personally.