BMWCCA-GGC Autocross Fun Run - 12/17/2016Marina Airport
About this event
Join the BMWCCA - Golden Gate Chapter for a Fun Run Autocross event at Marina Airport on Saturday December 17, 2016.
Photo Credit: Ovidiu Predescu
- LUNCH IS OPTIONAL. If you want us to order you a sandwich, be sure to make your selection on the registration page.
- NO ON-SITE OR LATE SIGN-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- This event is private and for registered participants and accompanied guests only. No one will be permitted entry to the site after 08:15am.
- Snell 2005 or 2010 certified helmets (M or SA) are required for all GGC autocross events. Check the sticker inside your helmet and make sure it is valid. If this is your first 2016 event with GGC, or you do not have a "GGC 2016" inspection sticker on your helmet, we will need to inspect and sticker your helmet at check-in. We have a small number of loaners available if you need to borrow a helmet - no charge.
- All cars are welcome and unlike our driving schools, stock convertibles are accepted - roll cages are not required. We do not allow SUV/SAV vehicles to participate, however. If you would like to participate and do not own a car, you may share a car with a friend.
- Please check your individual insurance policy for coverage details with regards to participating at this event.
- Staff will be on site around 7am to start course setup. Tech inspections will start around 7:30am. Registration will be open from 7:30-8:15am. A mandatory driver/guest meeting will start PROMPTLY at 8:30am. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY
This is a fun-run style event where we will bring back a course from a past season and run it again! This is a non-compete event, but we will have the timing system up and running.
We do not require previous high performance driver training or experience, but completion of one of our Car Control Clinics or similar training is highly recommended. First timers and inexperienced autorcrossers are welcome at this event. Because this is a fun-run event, we will not have our full compliment of coaches available, but we will do our best to provide in-car coaching to all who want it.
No special car preparation is needed, in fact, we recommend you bring the car you drive on a daily basis. Doing so will give you a greater appreciation for your car's capabilities and improve your driving skills in the process.
Our events are very social and we welcome all makes of cars, not just BMWs and MINI. Unlike some other clubs, we don't limit registrations from other marques. Everyone has the same chance of getting in! You're likely to see a sprinkling of vehicles from Porsche, Mazda, Honda, Lexus, Lotus, even Aston Martin and Corvette!
Click the button below and get signed up!
Questions? Please write us.
Licensed drivers 16 years old or older are welcome to participate in our driving events. If you are under 18 years of age, or you bring someone who is, you must have prepared the below waiver IN ADVANCE and bring it with you to attend this event. The confirmation e-mail you receive will also include this link. If you plan on attending more events this season, there are instructions for filling out the form to cover all Autocross events for this season.
IF YOU DO NOT BRING THE COMPLETED WAIVER OR FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AND WE WILL BE FORCED TO SEND YOU HOME!
You must be an active BMWCCA member to participate in our driving events and Motorsportreg.com will verify your member number automatically. Please follow this link to join if you are not a BMWCCA member or you need to renew:
Alternatively, you may sign up for the BMWCCA as part as the checkout process on this registration. If you do not receive your membership card prior to the event you are signed up for, you must bring a print-out of your sign-up receipt with you to registration.
If the event is sold out, you'll automoatically be placed on the wait list. We will move folks from the wait list as spots open up, and in the order you registered. Your credit card will be charged to secure your spot on the wait list. If we do not get enough cancellations to get you in to the event, we will refund your entry fee (plus sandwich purchase) only. IF YOU ADD A BMWCCA MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FOR THAT EXPENSE IF YOU DO NOT MAKE IT IN TO THE EVENT. WE PASS YOUR MEMBERSHIP PURCHASE REQUEST ON TO NATIONAL ON YOUR BEHALF - AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
We no longer offer deferred payment processing for registration fees. Your credit card will be charged at time of registration. Temporary (one time use) credit card numbers are declined by our payment system, so please use a regular credit or debit card for payment.
A $10 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel prior to close of registration. You will be issued a credit for the balance you paid, so if you paid $50, you will have a Motorsport Reg credit for $40 to be used at a future GGC autocross event. This credit will expire one year from the date you cancelled. If you cancel AFTER the close of registration, or you do not show up, no refund or credit will be given.
BMWCCA memberships purchased through this registration process will be forwarded to National on your behalf. If you cancel your registration, no refund or credit will be given for your BMWCCA membership purchase.
TECH INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Verify all of the following conditions are met before arriving at the event. Your vehicle will be required to pass an on-site tech inspection.
- BATTERY IS SECURELY MOUNTED!
- Wheels are safely attached and exhibit no cracks. Wheel nuts/bolts are tightened to the manufacturer’s recommended torque value.
- All loose items are removed from the vehicle. If a video camera is employed, it is securely mounted.
- Tires show no cords, belts, or cracks in the tread or sidewall.
- Seat belts and/or harnesses are properly installed and in good condition.
- Brakes are in good working order, have no leaks under pressure, and have adequate fluid in the master cylinder.
- No fluid leaks (fuel, oil, coolant, power steering fluid, transmission and differential fluids, brake fluid) are present while the vehicle’s engine is running.
- Wheel bearings, steering mechanism, suspension, and shocks are in good operating condition.
- The exhaust is in good working order.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for drivers. No open-toed shoes, sandals, or "flip-flops" are allowed on course.
- Roll bars, if installed, are properly and securely mounted.