About this event
COST: $275.00 PER DRIVER
Connecticut Valley Chapter's Car Control Clinic on the FCP Euro Proving Grounds at Lime Rock Park!
THIS SCHOOL IS OPEN ONLY TO BMW CCA MEMBERS, BUT MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL, EVEN IF YOU DON'T OWN A BMW
Come out and join the Connecticut Valley Chapter for a morning of Car Control Clinic on the wetted skid pad and the recently expanded autocross at Lime Rock Park on Friday, April 26 2024! This is your chance to improve your driving skills on the FCP Euro Proving Grounds at Lime Rock under the direction of seasoned instructors.
The skid pad clinic is run on a wet skid pad. To get the most benefit from this event, a REAR WHEEL DRIVE car that either has NO traction control, or a factory installed switch that allows the traction control to be turned off is best, but not required. The skid pad clinic will help drivers better understand the point between grip and slip, with in-car instructors providing coaching and technique advice.
The autocross clinic will be run on the upper and lower autocross courses. The autocross clinic will provide students with the opportunity to learn and practice the same car control techniques used on the main track, just at lower speeds. The autocross clinic also includes in-car instructors providing coaching and technique advice.
Student groups will be divided by experience level and will alternate between the skid pad and autocross course throughout the day. This Advanced Car Control Clinic has proven to be a popular event and fills up fast. It is a great event for everyone, from first timer to seasoned A-Solo drivers and is a great warm-up for getting out on the main track the following day at our traditional Driver's School
Following an introductory classroom at 8:00, we will be out on the skid pad and autocross courses starting at 9:00 a.m. and wrapping up at noon.
Registration is limited to 24 students!
Cost is $275.00 per driver.
Registration closes when the school is full or 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 24st, whichever comes first.
Lime Rock's gates open at 7 AM, classroom starts at 8 AM.
- 30 or more days days before the event the registration fee is fully refunded
- 29-14 days before the event will incur a $50 cancelation fee.
- Less than 14 days before the event fee is non-refundable.
A Congratulations letter and detailed event information will be emailed to you upon your acceptance into this school.
Important: Emails tend to get quicker responses, if calling please call between 6:00-8:00 pm ONLY
We look forward to seeing you at the track!
Please review the following rules and requirements for attending ouCar Control Clinic on the FCP Euro Proving Grounds at Lime Rock Park. Failure to comply may result in your exclusion from the event and NO REFUND given.
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BMWCCA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SCHOOL. You may apply for membership by calling (864) 250-0022 and pay by credit card to obtain your membership number which must be on your application form at registration.
This driving school is a dual-occupant driving event meaning students will have in-car instructors for this event. Students must have in-car instructors and those wishing to decline having an in-car instructor must cancel their registration.
For participants NOT fully COVID vaccinated, it is recommended to wear a mask and/or other face covering when inside (e.g., vehicles, classrooms, etc.). Additionally, when outside enclosed spaces, social distancing of at least 6 feet is recommended.
Registration will be in the Infield Chalet (look for the CVC blade flags and pop-up awning). A valid drivers license is required at registration and you must sign the club waiver. We will provide you with a sealed packet of numbers and wristband.
- The Lime Rock Café (concession stand will be open). You may bring your own food and beverage or use the concession stand.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to drive and/or be a passenger in any car on the track. Only entrants/instructors/workers are allowed in a car on the track. Non-participating/non-working event guests are not allowed rides in student or instructor cars. (Lime Rock’s insurance requirements, not ours).
- All cars must be muffled to meet Lime Rock Park’s regulations. Lime Rock's sound limit for BMW CCA events is 87dB. For information, contact Lime Rock at 860-435-5000.
- Factory seatbelts, street legal harnesses, and 5 or 6-point competition harnesses and 4 point Schroth belts with anti-submarine feature are permitted. 4-point competition harnesses are not permitted. All must have metal-to-metal buckles and be in sound condition. Belts must be mounted using the factory mounting points and/or be mounted per the SCCA General Competition Rules. Equivalent restraints and seats must be provided for driver and passenger. ALL student's cars MUST have a passenger seat for an Instructor.
- CAMERAS: Any camera must be securely mounted and additionally constrained with a safety tether. Mount must be of a design that will not present a safety hazard to any occupant of the vehicle. Hook & loop, Velcro, etc. type fasteners are NOT allowed. External mounted cameras are NOT allowed.
- Any incident involving your vehicle, where damage occurs or injury occurs, Connecticut Valley Chapter BMW CCA, event organizers, and event instructors, shall not be held liable.
- Any damage caused to the paddock or track, including safety barriers, is the responsibility of the participant. Note that the track may request payment on-site.
- The driver’s school committee reserves the right to deny entry based upon vehicle type and/or condition at any time, up to and including the day of the event.
- We DO NOT accept walk-ins or substitutes the day of the event.