About this event
Do you want to drive your car on a road racing track?
Ever wonder what it would be like to drive your car in a safe controlled environment on a racetrack?
- Want to find out what goes on at ARPCA High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) events?
- Not sure you want to make the commitment to a full two-day event?
- Want to learn more about HPDE events in a no-stress atmosphere at a nominal fee?
- Want to have a fun, social evening with dinner included while you get to know the ARPCA HPDE track drivers?
THEN THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU!
WHEN: Saturday, July 30, 2022 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. with dinner immediately following. Event concludes at 8:00 pm.
WHERE: Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PItt Race), 201 Penndale Rd., Wampum, Pa. 16157 Take PA Turnpike Exit 13; follow Rt. 18 north through two stoplights; Penndale Rd. Is .7 miles on the left after the second light.
NO HELMETS ---- NO SPECIAL CAR PREPARATION NECESSARY
COST: $35 - Includes required 30-minute High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) introduction. After class you'll drive your car on-track during pace-controlled, lead/follow laps. A catered, buffet dinner is included for each registered driver (scroll for menu).
Additional dinner-only guests: $25 per person and must be registered in advance. Add guests when you register.
Bring-Your-Own-Chair! (no tables/chairs provided)
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE AS A Taste of the Track DRIVER:
- MINIMUM 18 YEARS OLD
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- STREET LEGAL CAR (all makes/models welcome)
- ARPCA club membership required (family members welcome)
- Register by July 17th, 2022 (for drivers and dinner-only guests)
- Pre-registration is required for this event - no walk-ups accepted
**SPECIAL BONUS: If you've never participated in an HPDE (with any club), and you register for your first-ever HPDE with ARPCA in 2022, you'll receive a $100 discount off of your registration fee. Must register for an ARPCA 2022 HPDE at Mid-Ohio Sept. 17-18 or Pitt Race Oct. 29-30 at least 30 days in advance to redeem your credit. The $100 credit expires Oct. 31, 2022.
MUST REGISTER BY JULY 17th, 2022. DON’T DELAY - SPACE IS LIMITED!
QUESTIONS: Contact David Palmer, ARPCA Chief Driving Instructor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the track!
MENU: BBQ Beef Brisket, BBQ Pulled Pork, Macaroni & Cheese, Boston Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Slider Buns, beer, wine & water (Dinner provided by Monteverde Catering, LLC.)
PCA and Pitt Race Waivers: You will be required to electronically complete and sign a PCA and Pitt Race waiver in advance of the event. You'll receive both waiver links by email closer to the event.