About this event
PCA Chesapeake’s Tour & Rally Committee is pleased to offer as its sixth event of the year a tour of the mountains of Western Maryland and Southern Pennsylvania. This event is the first tour presented by Tour & Rally Committee Co-Chair Rich Ehrlich. While the first stage will conclude with a rest break with an optional lunch, the second stage will feature a roundtrip drive on PA 26. The roads before and after lunch will cover some of the best driving that Maryland and Pennsylvania have to offer, especially PA 26. Not only does the 150-mile route offer truly enjoyable driving roads, it also provides beautiful vistas and scenery. So REGISTER for this one ASAP! Limited capacity.
WHEN and WHERE
- When: July 24, 2022, Sunday, weather permitting
- Assembly time 10:00 AM; drivers’ meeting 10:15; departure of first group 10:30
- Assembly point: The Hagerstown, MD address will be sent to confirmed registrants by July 23
- Route: In the Allegheny County, MD, and Bedford County, PA
- Driving time and distance: approximately 4 hours in two stages, 150 miles
- Lunch (Optional): Jim Joy’s Log Cabin Inn, Hancock, MD
- Destination: Little Orleans, MD
- Sign up here from and sign up from 1 PM July 7 through 1 PM July 20, EDT.
- This tour’s capacity will be limited, so sign up ASAP after the registration window opens.
- $5 registration fee for each adult. Maximum fee $10 per car. No fee for minors (17 and younger).
- Priority for confirmations will be given to PCA Chesapeake members until July 15th. After July 15th, other PCA members will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis if the tour is not sold out.
- Tour documents will be sent to confirmed registrants by July 23 via e-mail.
OPTIONAL LUNCH DETAILS (added 7/14/22)
- Each lunch includes the listed sides, your non-alcoholic beverage, taxes, and gratuity. Your lunch options are:
- Brisket Sandwich- Chef Chris's signature smoked in-house brisket, piled high on a fresh telera roll. Served with fries and coleslaw.
- Crab Cake Sandwich- Jimmy Joy’s very own special recipe served with kettle cooked chips and coleslaw.
- Pasta Primavera- Angel hair pasta with a cream sauce, mushrooms, and other vegetables. Served with a side salad.
- Haddock Dinner- A lunch portion of the perfectly breaded haddock. Served with fries and coleslaw.
- Each lunch is $27, payable on MotorsportReg.com. This is separate from the fee for the tour, and both are non-refundable after the registration period closes at 1 pm on July 20, 2022.
- If you have already registered for this tour, please log into your MotorsportReg.com account and go to this event on your Event Dashboard. Click “Update/change registration” and use the lunch dropdowns to select and pay for your lunch option(s).
Send tour-related questions to the Tour & Rally Committee at email@example.com.
Photo credit: Rich Ehrlich