About this event
The GGLC's 2023 classes are based on car model and tire compound. An indexing system applies to the Lotus classes to compensate for car variations. Use the GGLC class index finder at http://www.gglotus.org/ggautox/classify.html to calculate your class index points. If you want to compete for season points in a non-Lotus car you need to know your SCCA Solo-2 (autocross) class. Use http://moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml for reference.
First 5 morning runs count towards the point series for each GGLC club member. 1 second penalty per cone hit. Afternoon are timed fun runs.
This event takes place at Crows Landing, Stanislaus County, California.
Check the GGLC site for more information.
You can join Golden Gate Lotus Club as part of this event registration.
Note - Only participating GGLC members can register during first week of registration. During this first week if you can not proceed to registration (past this page) and you believe you're a club member in good standing (membership dues are paid) this means your club membership on this site is not confirmed. Send us email to clear this up.
You can follow this link to join Golden Gate Lotus Club. If you decide to join the club to be able to register for our events early remember you need to do this in advance because membership application processing takes time.
Club members are also given preference on the waitlist.
Note- You must be club member in good standing prior to event registration opening to be eligible for these privileges.
Event fee is $85 for club members and $95 for others, with a $10 discount if it is your first time to run an autox with the GGLC
After first week (reserved for existing club members) of registration any non-member can join the club by choosing GGLC($85) + Membership($25) options on sign-up form.
You will be asked for a membership number during the event registration process. Simply type in "N/A" and continue.
See you at the Autocross!
GGLC AUTOCROSS FORMAT
GGLC Autocross events will have a limited number of drivers to allow drivers to get a large number of runs. To meet COVID-19 orders expect changes to the GGLC's normal autocross format. Drivers are broken into three run groups A, B and C. The groups rotate between working, running, and resting. All drivers are required to work in both morning and afternoon sessions. We don't allow half-day sign-ups.
3 Run Group configuration
Session Run Work
#1 A B
#2 B C
#3 C A
#4 A B
#5 B C
#6 C A
WHAT IS NEEDED & RULES:
- Bring water and lunch, there's no water on-site. The GGLC will not provide lunch.
- Bring your own pen, helmet, car number (painter's tape), tire pressure gauge and equipment. Sharing of equipment and personal items will not be allowed!
- Spectators will not be allowed. A most one guest per entrant. Guest and Entrant must be from the same household.
- Sun-screen is a must if you're prone to burning. It gets windy, so bring a warm jacket.
- Motorsports are dangerous and may result in damage or injury, a waiver will need to be signed to gain entry to the site.
- Helmets are required, DOT or better. NO loaner helmets will be available. Bring and use your own helmet.
- All occupants (driver and passenger) must have a helmet and seat belt on while on course.
- Age limit is 18 to drive, 16 to ride, drivers must have valid driver's license.
- Speed limit within the AutoX site is a maximum of 15 MPH
- Only GGLC members can compete for points. Others should only register choosing fun/practice option provided.
- GGLC members running for points must properly fill out their car class information. Remember, we will score your points using indexed times based on this information. It is your responsibility to enter correct information. When unsure please contact us for clarification. See below on details of indexed times calculation.
- Incorrect car classification may lead to artificially low indexed times which in turn will unjustly place you ahead of the others. If this happens and others protest event organizers will correct results once the truth is established.
- We use permanent number system throughout entire year race season and don't allow duplicate numbers. Acceptable numbers are given from the pool 1...999. Leading zeroes are ignored (i.e. 042 and 42 is the same number). Once the number is used it stays with that driver as long as you actively participate in our events (if you don't show up for over a year we may revoke the number and give it to some one else).
- If you want to use your own car numbers or want to change number please contact us to make sure your desired number is not taken already by some one else.
- Everyone entering the Autocross site MUST STOP at the gate and provide a signed GGLC and Cow Palace waiver. You will not be allowed to enter the site without signed waivers.
- If you drive at the event you're required to honor your work assignment and follow all safety rules. Senior drivers (70+) are not required to work but may choose to do so if they wish.
- If you sign up for event you are required to honor your work assignment for entire day. If you have some kind of emergency situation please work this out with event chair so that your position can be covered.
- 7:00-8:00 Arrival & Set-up
- 8:00-8:40 Check-in, Tech inspection & Course Walk-Thru
- 8:40-9:00 Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:00-12:00 Morning runs - Groups alternate Running and Working
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-4:00 Afternoon runs - Groups alternate Running and Working