About this event
Come out and join the Winnipeg Sports Car Club for the 2023 Fire on Ice & IceX race season!
Event #3 - Sunday Feb 4 & 5 @ Lake Shirley (Winnipeg Waterski Pond - 365 Murdoch Road)
SATURDAY - Feb 4
IceX Drifting & Hotlapping
Fire on Ice studded cars - test & tune/hotlapping
SUNDAY - Feb 5
IceX Racing: ice drifting at its finest!
Fire on Ice Racing: door to door racing with studded tires
SPECIAL NOTES FOR ICE-X:
Open to all experience levels and newcomers (Saturday only)
On Sunday Race day IceX entries limited to 12 cars (experienced IceX drivers only)
Come try it out with your daily driver or winter beater!
All you need is a helmet and a club membership (rental helmets and daily membership are available for this event)
Come out and see what the all the fuss is about!
***PLEASE SEE NEXT PAGE AND READ ALL EVENT REQUIREMENTS***
The supplemental regulations for this event can be found at these links:
Fire on Ice and ICE-X Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Winnipeg Sports Car Club annual membership or other WCMA affiliated club membership, daily memberships are also available for this event.
- A completed Ice-X / SoloSport Vehicle Technical Self-Declaration form or Cars with Roll Cages - Annual Tech Form
- All drivers are required to attend the drivers meeting. Consult the event schedule for driver's meeting time, usually 10:45 on Saturday and at 9:45 on Sunday.
- All drivers are required to wear appropriate helmets (SNELL SA, SAH or M 2010 series or newer). No DOT-only helmets allowed.
- Vehicles with factory or aftermarket roll protection must wear SNELL SA helmets.
- Newer SA helmets are available for rent in all sizes. First come, first served.
Vehicle: (If you are unsure if your vehicle qualifies, contact the event registrar!)
- Any four-wheeled vehicle is permitted however it must be dimensionally wider than it is tall.
- Convertibles are permitted providing they have an OEM Hard-Top or OEM/Aftermarket installed roll protection.
- All convertibles must contact the registrar to ensure their vehicle is permitted!
- Vehicles do not have to be road legal however must appear and function as if they could be driven on the street. This includes but not limited to:
- Coachwork complete and intact
- Functioning side and rear view mirrors
- Working head and tail lamps
- Wipers, windshield glass, and sealed windows behind the driver
- FIX ALL KNOWN LEAKS!
- All regular maintenance must be up to date.
- All entrants must have completed annual tech form for the vehicle that is registered. You will not be permitted on the road course without it.
- All vehicles with roll cages, must complete the race-tech form and present the car and the form to the tech inspector or chief scrutineer. Vehicles with roll bars or roll cages are subject to inspection from the chief scrutineer. Upon checking in, inform the registrar that you have registered with a vehicle with a roll cage.
- All vehicles shall be numbered.