2023 VIR WochenendeCrown Isle Resort, Courtenay, BC
About this event
Vancouver Island Region PCA proudly present
2023 Wochenende at Crown Isle
Thursday May 25 - Sunday May 28, 2023
Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community, Courtenay, BC
Come join us for Wochenende at Crown Isle!
Wochenende (German for “Weekend”) at Crown Isle, hosted by Vancouver Island Region PCA, is a multiregion event taking place Thursday, May 25 to Sunday, May 28. It promises to be a fun-filled few days of driving, social and charity activities.
Home base is Crown Isle Resort and Golf Community in Courtenay, B.C. Activities will take place across the Comox Valley and stretch north to Campbell River and west to Gold River. Our playground encompasses mountains, farmland and beaches. Be prepared for winding roads, rugged scenery and many opportunities for you and your P-cars to have some fun.
Main activities for the event include a Thursday evening Welcome Reception; Friday Autocross at Saratoga Speedway; Friday casual dinner at Crown Isle; organized drives on Saturday; a Gala Dinner & Live Auction on Saturday night; and a car show on Sunday morning. There are many other activities that may interest you, from a Poker Run, golfing, hiking, and getting out on the water to see wildlife.
Please review the activities below as you will be asked to select from them when registering
Choose the events you wish to participate in or relax and explore the area on your own.
Fundraising will support Cops for Cancer “Tour de Rock” and the Food Banks of Comox Valley and Campbell River.
Schedule of Organized Events (subject to change)
Thursday, May 25
- Morning Golf – tee off before 12:00 noon (extra charge for green fees, club rentals and cart as required)
- 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm Registration – Resort Ballroom
- 5:00 pm Reception bar open – Resort Ballroom
- 7:00 pm Welcome Social & Appetizers – Resort Ballroom
Friday, May 26
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Poker Run (drive starts at Crown Isle, ends at Saratoga Speedway)
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Autocross at Saratoga Speedway ($100/car)
- 8:00 am – 1:30 pm – Whale & Wildlife Zodiac Tour (extra charge for tour operator TBD) (drive starts at Crown Isle, ends in Campbell River)
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm – Lunch at Saratoga Speedway prepared by local volunteer fire department (pay by $20/person donation to Oyster River Volunteer Fire Department)
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Salmon Point Hike (drive starts at Saratoga Speedway, ends at Crown Isle)
- 1:30 – 4:00 pm – Comox Military Museum Tour (tour starts and ends at Museum, a 5-minute drive from Crown Isle)
- 6:00 pm – Banquet bar open
- 7:00 pm – Banquet dinner – Resort Ballroom
Saturday, May 27
- 9:00 am – 3:15 pm Long drive: Strathcona Park/Gold River (starts and ends at Crown Isle)
- 10:30 am – 4:00 pm Medium drive: Highways and Byways (starts at Crown Isle, ends at a local distillery)
- 9:15 am – 3:00 pm Short drive: Guided Foodie Tour ($100/person; maximum 8 cars) (starts at Crown Isle, ends at a local winery)
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm Trivia Quiz – Crown Isle
- 6:00 pm Banquet bar open – Resort Ballroom
- 7:00 pm Banquet dinner – Resort Ballroom
- 8:00 pm Cops for Cancer Live Auction – Resort Ballroom
Sunday, May 28
- 9:00 am – 11 am – Concourse Light & Coffee – Comox Valley Marina
- Afternoon Golf (extra charge for green fees, club rentals and cart as required)
- Participants depart at their leisure
- Registration Fee: $399 per person (does NOT include accommodation)
- Accommodations can be booked through the Crown Isle Front Desk, call 1-250-703-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you are a part of the VIRPCA group. Room rates start at $199 per night plus taxes. A credit card is required to guarantee your booking.
- Autocross hosted by Saratoga Speedway: $100 per car (includes one guest)
- Fee includes access to the infield for one car and two people
- AutoX approved helmets and balaclavas are required
- Friday Charity Lunch: $20 per person, by donation
- The Oyster River Volunteer Fire Department will be providing lunch at Saratoga Speedway during Autocross
- The lunch is open to Autocross participants and spectators
- Donations will be collected at the event
- Whale & Wildlife Zodiac Tour: extra charge TBD, further details to follow
- Discovery Passage and the surrounding islands are a dynamic inland coastal environment in British Columbia and home to some of the most spectacular wildlife in the world. Join us for an experience of a lifetime.
- Foodie Tour: $100/person (maximum 8 cars/16 people).
- The tour price includes Comox Valley shopping bags, a tasting at every stop, cheese and charcuterie and all tour fees.
- Stops include the Comox Valley Farmer’s Market, two local farms (one specializing in sea salt and herb blends), an artisan craft distillery, and a chocolate shop.
- The tour includes a drive through farms and villages and ends with a wine-tasting at an award-winning winery.
- Depending on interest, we may organize friendly games outside of the “official” weekend
- Thursday tee time would be 12:00 noon or earlier, due to Men’s Night on that day
- Golfers are also welcome to make their own arrangements with Crown Isle
- Breakfasts and Lunches
- Registration does not include breakfast nor lunch (unless otherwise specified in activity descriptions)
- Email the organizers at email@example.com with any questions
- Everyone is responsible for making their own accommodation reservations!
** All dinners will be buffet style with a variety of options, however those with special dietary considerations are responsible for contacting the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org directly to make arrangements.**
Attendees must be current PCA members.