2022 Port Alberni Vintage Locomotive Visit & DriveVancouver (Mid) Island Drive
About this event
Port Alberni Vintage Locomotive Tour and Drive
Your cover charge fee of $12 will be donated to the Museum as your entrance fee.
Meeting Location: Saturday August 13, 2022 @ 10am Serious Coffee, Parksville
#9 - 1209 East, Island Hwy E Parksville, BC
(Mid-Island C&C location )
Drive begins 10:30 am sharp!
Come join us for a drive to Port Alberni and lunch. This drive will include a visit to the Mclean Mill Site and tour to see repair and restoration projects in progress like a Washington Ironworks Steam Donkey built in 1929, that was used in the logging service industry. As well as a stop at the Industrial Heritage Centre, there will be a late lunch and drive around Sproat Lake.
Tentative Schedule & Additional Information:
- Meeting location: Saturday August 13, 2022 @ 10:00 am Serious Coffee, #9 - 1209 East, Island Hwy E Parksville. (Mid-Island C&C location) Driver meeting 10:15am Drive begins 10:30 am sharp!
- First stop: 11:30am - 12:30 pm, Mclean Mill Site and Tour, address 5633 Smith Rd, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8Z1. This stop will include a viewing of the Washington Ironworks Steam Donkey built in 1929, along with an arranged Guided Tour by Frank Holm, he is a long term member of the McLean Mill National Historic Site society with a wealth of knowledge.
- Second stop lunch 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Boston Pizza 3550 Johnston Rd, Port Alberni, (everyone responsible for their own lunch payment)
- Third stop: 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm, Industrial Heritage Centre at 3250A 9th Ave, Port Alberni.
- Fourth Drive out to Sproat Lake (@ 1 hour), back to Port Alberni. Drive ends at Shell Service Stn. 3690 JOHNSTON RD Port Alberni, @ 4:00 - 4:30 pm.
- Registration will close on August 11, 2022 at 23:59 PST
Route details will be sent to all participants prior to the event.
Limited to 20 vehicles / 40 people
- This is a PCA event. All PCA rules and regulations will apply.
- Please wear your club name badge.
- Ensure you have a full tank of gas.
- Drive will follow PCA Minimum Driving Tour Standards.