2022 Fresno SCCA Autocross SchoolFresno Fairgrounds
About this event
WHAT IS AUTOCROSS?
Autocross, or "Solo," is a timed contest of driving skill. Speeds and hazards to spectators, participants, and property do not exceed those found in normal, legal highway driving. We think it is much more fun than street driving and you can't get a speeding ticket! Best of all, you can enter in your everyday street car!
This school will introduce you to Solo driving, teach you some valuable driving skills, and give you a chance to try them out in a controlled, safe environment. There will be instruction from experienced drivers and coaches. Then take the knowledge you gained on Saturday, and put it to the test Sunday in competition! Event 1 entry will be included when you register for the Driving School and will happen automatically. You will not need to register separately for event 1.
All vehicles must pass a safety inspection prior to competing. Ensure the vehicle has proper seat belts, throttle return action, a secure battery, no oil or antifreeze leaks, adequate brakes, tires with good tread, and safe wheel bearings. All loose items, such as snap-on hubcaps, detachable fender skirts, and trim rings must be removed. Closed-toe shoes are required (no sandals or flip-flops). Helmets are required (Snell 2010 or newer). Please arrive early to check in and prepare your car. There is a Chevron off of Cedar and Kings Canyon in case you need to fill up prior to or during the class.
Registration Fee - Member - School: $70 (Includes School registration, lunch Saturday, and entry into Sunday's Autocross Event 1)
Registration Fee - Non-Member - School: $90 (Includes lunch Saturday, and entry into Sunday's Autocross Event 1, plus SCCA weekend membership included*)
*Up to two weekend memberships may be applied towards the cost of an annual SCCA membership (60 day time frame).
SATURDAY EVENT SCHEDULE:
Fresno Fairgrounds (Kings Canyon entrance)
Check in starts at 7:30AM and closes promptly at 8:30AM. MANDATORY driver’s meeting 8:30 AM with the school starting immediately after
Performance Driving School limited to 35 drivers.
Additional details can be found at our website and Facebook page located at:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING REGARDING MANDATORY PRECAUTIONS BEING TAKEN AT THIS EVENT DUE TO COVID-19.
BY CLICKING CONTINUE, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL PROVISIONS SET FORTH BELOW.
The Fresno Chapter of the San Francisco Region of the SCCA is closely monitoring the ever-changing COVID-19 situation. The health and safety of our members and attendees is the highest priority. Autocrosses are open-air events that do not require gatherings in confined spaces. Therefore, based on CDC recommendations and State of California regulations, we will implement the following steps to reduce risk of spreading the virus.
If you are sick, have been sick, or have been exposed
to the virus in the past 14 days – DO NOT ATTEND.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR OWN MASK (if unvaccinated) and HELMET TO THIS EVENT.
THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT – IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH OUR POLICY,
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE.
Check-in & Registration:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IS REQUIRED. NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION.
- Contactless check-in at the trailer is required.
- Corner worker assignments will be given during check-in.
- Online registration will close two days prior to the event at 9:00 PM.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR UNVACCINATED PEOPLE (OPTIONAL FOR VACCINATED) IN LINE DURING CHECK-IN.
- A table will be set up at the waiver station.
- Masks are required for unvaccinated people near or approaching the waiver station.
- Waivers and wrist bands will be placed on the table for attendees to sign.
- Driver must be present and car will be self-teched under supervision.
- Tech workers will wear a mask and disposable gloves.
- Touching interior surfaces will be avoided if possible.
Social Distancing and PPE (all day)
All attendees should to follow current CDC guidelines for social distancing, including, but not limited to:
- KEEP A MINIMUM OF 6 FEET AWAY FROM PEOPLE
- Wear a mask if you are not vaccinated.
- No water or food will be provided; please bring your own, especially water.
- No one allowed in the trailer except timing and scoring workers.
- Avoiding handshaking.
- Cover coughs with elbow.
- Avoiding touching your face.
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently.
- Please use common sense and err on the side of caution.
Masks are REQUIRED for anyone NOT vaccinated in the following designated areas or situations:
- Waiver station
- During check-in
- Inside and within 50 feet of the Timing Trailer
- During setup and cleanup operations
- Grid worker and Starter
- Additional areas may be designated by the event chair or safety steward
- Drivers must follow all social distancing guidelines mentioned in this policy.
- LOANER HELMETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- NO RIDE-ALONGS.
- Co-driving (sharing the same car) is permitted, as long as social distancing guidelines are met.
- Bottled water will not be available. Please bring your own.
- The trailer will be closed, except to essential personnel.
- Sanitizing supplies will be provided at all corner stations and should be used frequently on all equipment and mandatory between run groups.
- CORNER CAPTAINS ARE REQUIRED TO SANITIZE RADIOS BEFORE AND AFTER EACH SESSION.
- All corner workers should wash or sanitize their hands before and after their work session.
- Disposable gloves can be used, in addition to other hand hygiene measures.
- Cancel before registration closes – full refund.
- Cancel after registration closes – refund, minus $10 cancelation fee.
- No-show drivers will be charged the full amount.
- If you cannot attend due to feeling sick, or any reason related to the coronavirus, a full refund will be provided regardless of when you cancel.
- All refunds must be initiated by logging into Motorsportreg and contacting the registrar.
- Online registration will close two days prior at 9:00 PM.