About this event
Join us for the Akron Sports Car Club 2023 Autocross School!
This event is intended to prepare beginner autox students for a typical ASCC event.
We will cover the basic driving elements and hold a mock event. There will be a significant amount of in car instruction available!
Although this is geared toward novices, we encourage anyone interested in the sport or our club to attend.
Typical ASCC safety and tech rules will be in effect. They can be found in the featured section of our Facebook forum.
- 8:00 Gates Open
- 8:30 Drivers meeting/school introduction
- 9:00 Split into groups
- These groups will rotate through key driving elements including:
- Skid pad, slalom (increasing and decreasing), braking (straight line and corner entry)
- 12:00 Lunch break
- 12:30 Mock event
- 2:30 Open session with more in car instruction upon request
- 5:00 Gates close
Things to remember:
- First timers (to autox) will need to run in the rookie class (take rookie walk and label their car with an R)
- Class and numbers must be clearly visible, details:
- NO painters tape (of any color or variety)
- Must be a minimum of 8" for numbers, 4" for letters
- Contrasting colors and legible font required (can be seen/read at 100ft)
All event participants must be 16yrs of age with a valid drivers or racing license.
Anyone on site under the age of 18 must have a parent present to sign the minor waiver form.
Memberships are nonrefundable. They can be used at a variety of different locations and business for discounts on products and services any time of year. Member signup & renewal can be completed here: http://msreg.com/asccmember
If you cannot attend the event or the event is canceled (due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances), event fees will be credited towards the next regular ASCC event. If you have any other questions/concerns, please contact the registrar via the “contact host” button on this page.