About this event
PCA REDWOOD REGION AUTOCROSS #2
Sunday, August 15, 2021 @ Sonoma Raceway Paddock
***Note: THIS IS PART OF A 2-DAY EVENT, co-hosted by Golden Gate Region. Register separately through GGR for Saturday 8/14
*** Waivers ***
1.) You will be required to sign an electronic waiver from SpeedWaiver: https://pcaredwood.speedwaiver.com/iyqog
*** Course Map ***
We will be running the same course GGR is running on Saturday but in the opposite direction. Please print a copy as copies will not be available onsite. Course Map
Max attendance is 65 drivers. Subsequent registrations will be put on the waitlist.
Registration opens on August 3, 2021 at 6 pm for Porsche drivers. Non-Porsche registration opens on August 9, 2021.
Note: COVID-related procedures will be in effect to ensure the safety of all participants. Please review the guidelines HERE.
- Registration closes at midnight on Thursday, August 12, 2021, or when limit has been reached
- The price, to be paid through MotorsportReg.com will be discounted to
- $75.00 with a $10 discount extended to current PCA members and an additional $10 discount if driving a Porsche.
- Due to Covid restrictions, there is no instruction permitted and every driver must have prior autocross experience, no exceptions
- If there is a second driver in the same car they must be registered separately and assigned a different car number.
- Due to Covid restrictions, second drivers are allowed only as members of the same household
- This is an all-day event. No morning or afternoon drivers permitted.
- NO walk-up registrations will be accepted. All drivers must register here prior to closing of registration
- The location for this event is Sonoma Raceway Paddock area. Location details can be found HERE.
- More information on autocross rules be found at the official web site: HERE
- 7:00 am: Gates open
- 7:30 to 8:15 am: All participants must check-in at the registration trailer
- 8:00 - 8:30 am: Cars tech inspected in paddock
- Cars must be presented and ready for tech by no later than 8:15am
- 8:15 - 8:30 am: Course walk
- 8:30 am: Mandatory drivers meeting
- ~9:00 am: First car on course
- Break for lunch ~noon-ish (~30 min).
- We will have a morning session and an afternoon session. Depending on the size of the run groups and how efficiently we all work together between run groups we will strive to get 6-8 runs throughout the day if not more. Let's all work together and make things run efficiently and smoothly, so we can maximize our time.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chairs.
What to bring:
- Water (the club does provide some water)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Folding chair
- Magnets or painter’s tape for car numbers. Bring a bright contrasting colored painter’s tape. (e.g., No blue tape for blue cars.) Please have car numbers LARGE enough to be visible by worker stations and the trailer
- Snell M or SA rated helmet. Helmets rated 2010 and newer. Loaner helmets are NOT available.
- All drivers must check-in at the trailer and display assigned car number(s) before moving to grid. No exceptions, if driver fails to have their assigned numbers displayed upon staging run you will be pulled off and forfeit run(s) until numbers are resolved. If you have any questions regarding this policy during the event, please see an AX Chair.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. The majority of worker positions require standing for approximately one hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outside in the weather.
- No in-car instruction will be allowed, except where the instructor is a member of the same household.
- There will be a guided course walk and instruction available to new drivers to ensure they are able to safely navigate the course.
- No drones allowed
- No alcohol or drugs permitted!
Questions? Contact Autocross co-Chairs:
- Masks/face coverings are REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES, COVERING NOSE AND MOUTH for unvaccinated participants.
- Only vaccinated participants can share a car.
- This event takes place at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, CA.
- Live timing during the event will available on the Redwood live timing website
- More information on Redwood Autocross can be found at the official website: PCA Redwood Autocross Website
- More information on Zone 7 Autocross can be found at the official website: PCA Zone 7 Autocross Website
- Information on Zone 7 rules and car classification can be found at the ZONE 7 website: PCA ZONE 7 RULES AND CAR CLASSIFICATION
Note: The classification rules have completely changed in 2021. The new groups are As-Delivered, Optioned, Prepared and Unlimited. Please see the rules on how to classify your car properly HERE.
If you do not have a car number officially assigned, we will assign one to you. Car number conflicts will be resolved at registration. If you did not receive the car number desired, contact Grady Garter, Zone 7 AX Chair.
Car classifications are for competitive purposes. If you are not running for class points or other competitive reasons, place yourself in the FUN category.