About this event
October 23/24, 2021 La Junta Raceway
RMVR Racers, Crews, Families and Friends who attended RMVR’s La Junta Race in 2020 really enjoyed it So, we are returning in 2021 as the OktoberFAST Race. Entry fees are a BARGAIN this year!
It's scheduled for October 23-24 at the upgraded airport track. With new curbing inside of corners 1,3,4 and 5 plus new safety aprons at 3 and 5 the track is better than ever. Other improvements include fresh surface sealing, improved amenities, and paddock improvements completed by the City. The La Junta track is drawing positive comments from both RMVR and other racing organizations that have been utilizing this user-friendly racing facility. Plan to see for yourself. Come and enjoy La Junta in the cool early fall weather and lots of track time.
To sign up for RV spots (Electric only) or to do Friday Test & Tune: Call La Junta racetrack 719-469-1424 and speak to Allan Lasater. Prices for Friday test and tune is $100 and an RV spot is $80 for the weekend event.
Preliminary Run Group Order This Weekend: (Subject to change - Please check actual Weekend Schedule for final run order.)
- Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers
- Small Bore Production Cars
- VW Powered Formula Cars
- Mid and Big Bore Production Cars
- Special Production Run Group – For production cars not having RMVR or VMC log books, e.g. Gateway or other Non-RMVR Exhibition entries. (Please Note: This Run Group and Entrants will be cancelled if a minimum number of entrants are not booked 10 days before the event. Cars will not be “melded into our regular run groups.)
Entry Fees: (To be charged to your credit card after the race weekend.)
- “Early Bird" Special $250 - Available until 3 weeks prior to the event (i.e. that Friday evening at midnight)
- “Regular" Entry Fee $275
- "Late Registration" Entry Fee $300 - Starts 9 days before the event (the Thursday a week before at 12:01 AM)
- Online Registration closes Wednesday evening at midnight. After this call 303-319-3062 to arrange entry. These phoned-in or at-event registrations are $375.
Please get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here's the benefits to you of doing this. And how to get it done.
Attention Workers and Volunteers: If you wish to work this event, please Click Here to sign up online.
Please double check that the transponder number listed for the car you are entering is correct. THANKS.
Entering a production car which DOES NOT have an RMVR or a VMC logbook. These cars will be assigned to the "Spcial Run Group." If 10 days before the event there are fewer than seven entries, the run group will be cancelled. The entants will be notified their entry is canccled. They will not be melded into regular RMVR run groups:
- These cars must have a logbook from a recognized wheel-to-wheel racing organization.
- Must be nicely prepared – NO LEMONS,
- Must pass an RMVR Event Tech Inspection and meet all RMVR safety requirements.. Regarding Fuel Cells: as long as the vehicle has passed preparation rules regarding a fuel cell (or not requiring one) by the organization issuing the logbook, the vehicle will be allowed to run.
- Drivers must also hold a valid up-to-date medical exam AND a current Competition License.
If you are a Provisional Student with a waived car: Recent RMVR competition school graduates may enter the same car they used during driver's school even if it has yet to obtain an RMVR logbook . It will run in our regular RMVR Run Groups. This exception is granted to aid the Student in obtaining their full Competition license. When asked for the car's "Class" please select “Provisional Student's Car."
RMVR requires a fuel cell for all cars. If it doesn't have one, you won't be allowed to complete this entry. There are three exceptions.
- If your car has an RMVR Historic Class designation.
- If the that does not have an RMVR or VMC logbook.and the organization who issued the car's logbook does NOT require a fuel cell.
- If you are a recent Competition School Student with a Provisional License running a car newer than 1981 which doesn't have an RMVR logbook..
If the car meets any of the above exceptions, please check "Yes" to the registration's Fuel Cell question. This will allow you to complete your registration:
For Double-Driven cars: If you are sharing a car with another driver for the weekend, just have the one person enter. Only that one entry fee will apply. To avoid another entry fee, simply CALL THE CLUB ADMINISTRATOR, 303-319-3062, to advise who the second driver is. Don't try to enter that second driver online. The second driver MUST also go thru registration Saturday morning and have a valid competition license and medical. Thanks.
When entering you may be required to pay a Membership Fee to complete your registration. It will be good for the entire year. After Labor day your RMVR membership will also be good for all of the following year.
Cancellation Policy: Call 303-319-3062 for all cancellations. No charge for cancellations 10 days before the event. (None of your registration fees will be charged). For cancellations after that, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged. No refund for "No shows" (and we thank you for your donation).