About this event
Come join the Michigan Turn Marshals, the Detroit Region SCCA, and SAE International for this unique event at the Michigan International Speedway. This year we will also featuring Electric Vehicles as part of this event. Volunteers are needed for:
Wednesday (Registration Opens 8:00 am)
- Transport and set-up all equipment to MIS: cones, fire extinguishers, brooms and flags, oil dry, scales, etc.
- Review dynamic areas for safety and traffic flow.
- Assist with setting-up scales, braking & sound test, and fuel station.
- Set up the practice course.
- Tech Inspection volunteers are also needed, starting at 10:30am
Thursday (Registration Opens 8:00 am)
- Students start the competition, attending tech inspection, fuel, scales, brake area, noise, tilt and possibly the practice course.
- Workers are needed to begin setting up the Endurance, Autocross, SkidPad and Acceleration courses and test the timing equipment.
- Tech Inspection volunteers are also needed, starting at 9:00am.
- Complementary dinner in the campground for SCCA Detroit Region members.
Friday (Registration Opens 7:30 am)
- First thing - Worker safety briefings will be held on-track, beginning at 9:30am.
- Dynamic events open: Practice Track (8:00am), SkidPad (10:00am), Acceleration (10:00am) and Autocross(10:30am)
- Once again this year, we will need 6+ experienced corner captains as well as a Starter, Timing & course Radio Control volunteers.
- All events will end at approximately 5:00pm.
Saturday (Registration Opens 7:00 am)
- Endurance is a hybrid road race that will run all day Saturday. Flagging & Communications (F&C) volunteers are needed to staff the track corner stations.
- The rest of the SCCA team focus on track set-up and also with tow cart duties.
- After the event, a tear-down crew leads equipment pack up and scoring assistance.
- Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and afternoon Refreshments will be provided each day.
- Free event Program and Shirt (note that our deadline to submit shirt counts is May 31st).
- Free on-site camping is available, however space is limited and reservations are required.
- Detroit Region members will receive 3 worker points per day and a complimentary gas card.
- Detroit Region members are invited to the free Thursday, Friday & Saturday evening dinners.
- A limited number of hotel rooms and/or compensation is available on a first come, first served basis.
NOTE: YOU MUST SIGN UP BEFORE MAY 31 SO THAT WE CAN ORDER A TEE SHIRT IN YOUR SIZE
Hope to see you there on one or more of these days!
For all positions, prior experience is preferred, but NOT necessary. An SCCA membership is NOT required to volunteer at this event, however to be eligible for the SCCA perks, Contact Steve Balanecki firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: we will be operating this events per the CDC and local guidelines regarding mitigating risks for COVID-19.
Please note that walk-up day-of-event registrations will NOT be accepted.
You will need to also register on the SAE volunteer website > https://www.fsaeonline.com/go/?vol=FSAEMICHIGAN
Click below to continue the SCCA registration process.