About this event
Canaan Saturday Event Registration
For Saturday's Event Click Here
Join the fun and learn your limits. There is a place for virtually any car (no high roll center vehicles), visit our website for details.
Members $80 (SCCNH, CMC, SCCV, KSCC, CART)
Non-Members $100 (includes SCCNH membership). If signing up for both days, only use this once and use SCCNH_Unconfirmed for the second day.
Please note the following important changes for this event due to COVID-19 (UPDATED 6/2021):
- Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. There will be no onsite registrations.
- We will be following the CDC's latest guidelines of:
- Fully vaccinated people (last shot plus two weeks' waiting time) can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- Unvaccinated individuals should proceed with caution - this includes masking up and keeping socially distant.
More info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html
- RESPECT: No matter the situation, either with fellow club members or out in town, please respect the wishes of others. If somebody does not want you near them, or requests to keep socially distant, please respect their request. The same applies to going into town: any business that requests masking up, please do so per their requests. We love Canaan and we want the local businesses to love us as well. What we do is a reflection of the track.
Camping is available for Friday and Saturday night. Arrive between 7 and 9pm on Friday. No entry after 9pm!
Gates Open 7am - 5pm
Track Time will be 9am to 4pm following the drivers meeting
Must have a valid driver’s license. If under 18, must have guardian release.
Please keep these requirements in mind during your participation. Failure to follow will result in your asking to leave without refund. These are the rules of the track and insurance requirements.
1. Please bring your masks just in case (REVIEW COVID-19 CHANGES). The track wants to ensure all guests are showing respect to the Canaan community, especially when visiting the local stores.
2. Bring hand sanitizer.
3. Please bring your own helmet. We have very few helmets that can be loaned out - once they are loaned out, the borrower will keep for the weekend to avoid reuse. No holds or guarantees on helmets.
1. Absolutely no spectators. SCCNH only allows volunteer workers. If your family member wants to come help the club, they are welcome to do so.
2. All photographers must have a spotter.
3. All persons entering must sign several waivers: Track waiver and Club Insurance Waiver waiver. Once waivers are signed, you will receive multiple wristbands. Yellow wristbands are for track waivers, and another color will be for the club waiver. If you lose your wristband, you must resign all paperwork. No exceptions. Waiver will be checked throughout the day and on each of your runs - so please wear on the appropriate wrist.
4. Track Management has final say as it pertains to the event and their property. Any questions can be raised with SCCNH staff (volunteers, chairs, or board members) - if we don't have an answer, we'll try to get one for you or point you in the right direction. If you're unsure of something, please ask!
5. ALL VEHICLES must pass technical requirements. If they don't, don't be mad at us. Fix the failure if you can and try again. We strongly suggest you check everything over on your car before showing up.
-- The below are our club's contractual requirements with track --
ARRIVAL & STAY TIMES:
1. FRIDAY: Gates open to campers between 7pm and 9pm. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY outside of those hours. Don't try it. Seriously.
2. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Gates open between 7am and 5pm.
3. RACING TIMES: Only allowed between 9am and 4pm.
1. Noise levels will be strictly limited to 96dB. If you're over, you will likely be shut down. **This means you'll be barred from running on track until your exhaust is quietened down!**
2. Dogs are OK as long as they are under control (leashed & supervised at all times) and cleaned up after.
3. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the paddock and pits until after all track activities have concluded for the day.
4. Any skating systems, skate boards, rollerblades or bicycles will not be allowed to operate on the Premises of Canaan Motor Club, including the Facility or on access or paddock road.
5. Small gas grills are OK -- NO OPEN FIRES (Wood, Charcoal)
6. NO jacks, stands, etc. on asphalt without having wood or some other weight distribution under it. Basically, we don't want to indent the asphalt - you will be held liable if you do. (Yes, the track crew will check). This includes trailer stands.
7. NO oil or other fluid leaks on asphalt. If you're leaking, get it to the grass ASAP and absorb any spills immediately.
8. NO DUMPSTER USE. What you take in is what you must take out. Yes, this includes all trash.
9. Photography is permitted on Premises, with the understanding that Canaan Motor Club has the right to use any media for promotional purposes.
10. Quiet time on Canaan Motor Club Premises is between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.
11. Fireworks prohibited at all times
12. You are required to stay within allowed premises and away from the off limits, as indicated in the attached site map image. Entry to the parking and camping area is through the CMC Main Gate off orange road (SEE ARROW). Do not enter the first driveway, you'll have to turn around.
ON TRACK REQUIREMENTS:
1. Track is only open for runs between 9am-4pm.
2. Helmets, long pants, and closed toe shoes (no crocs) are required of drivers, instructors, or passengers while on the track.
3. Open top cars must pass the broomstick test (your helmet must not stick above windshield and top of seat/rollbar)