About this event
Mid-August Cowichan Cruise - Cidery/Distillery/Lunch
Join us in keeping the momentum alive with what’s worth celebrating about the Cowichan Valley. Winding roads, green traffic lights (well, not many traffic lights) and exploring two places we haven’t been before including a cidery and a distillery. This mid-August Cowichan Cruise winds along some familiar and a few less travelled roads. Let’s go – go – go!
Meeting location: Drumroaster Coffee at 24-1400 Cowichan Bay Road at Valley View Centre
1. Cruise and stop at Valley Cider (7661 Mays Road)
Valley Cider – Welcome to simply different “Taste well crafted”
Handcrafted farm-to-bottle cider that celebrates the apple’s natural evolution and potential. Offer a selection of uniquely flavoured non-alcoholic sodas and alcoholic apple ciders.
- Brief information session and choose to taste if you like
- We will be the only visitors at this time of day (they open to public at 1 pm)
2. Cruise and stop at Ampersand Distilling Company (4077 Lanchaster Road)
Ampersand Distilling Company – Family founded craft distillery
Gold Medal – World Gin Awards 2020 - their gin is our favourite! Offer gin, vodka, and hand sanitizer
- Information session/tour (it’s a tiny place!!!), taste if you like
- We will be the only visitors – they are not open to the public on Sundays
3. Finally a 2 minute drive to Dean and Ann’s (3883 Gibbins Rd) for lunch on the deck of the outdoor kitchen where the cruise ends
- Please advise of any dietary restrictions/allergies so we can ensure there is something for everybody.
- Cost for lunch $15 includes lunch and beverage selection
This event can only accept a limited number of registrations in order to comply with our provincial superstar Dr. Bonnie Henry’s health orders. Reminder Hand Sanitizer available at Ampersand (grin).
- This is a PCA event. All PCA rules and regulations will apply.
- Please wear your club name badge.
- Ensure you have a full tank of gas.
- Drive will follow PCA Minimum Driving Tour Standards.