About this event
Vancouver Island Region PCA proudly present
WochenendEscape 2024 at Crown Isle
Thursday May 23 - Sunday May 26, 2024
Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community, Courtenay, Vancouver Island, BC
The Vancouver Island Region PCA is excited to host the Zone 6 “Escape” for 2024, combined with our second annual Wochenende (German for "Weekend") at Crown Isle. This multiregion event takes place Thursday, May 23 to Sunday, May 26, 2024. We are busy getting ready for a weekend of driving, socializing, and supporting local charities. New for this year – the weekend will also feature the Zone 6 Rally!
Home base is Crown Isle Resort and Golf Community in Courtenay, B.C. Activities will take place across the Comox Valley and beyond, where we’ll explore the hidden gems of Vancouver Island. Winding roads, ocean views and green fairways await you and your P-cars.
Main activities for the event include a Thursday evening Welcome Reception; Friday “Show & Shine”; organized drives and rallies on Saturday; and a Gala Dinner & Live Auction on Saturday night. There are many other activities in the works that may interest you, from golfing to getting out on the water to see wildlife. Choose the events you wish to participate in or relax and explore the area on your own.
Fundraising will support Cops for Cancer “Tour de Rock” and the local food banks.
We are pleased to announce that pricing is being held at $399 per person – no increase from Wochenende 2023!
Rooms are available to book now!
Accommodations can be booked through the Crown Isle Front Desk, call 1-250-703-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you are a part of the VIRPCA group. Room rates start at $199 per night plus taxes. A credit card is required to guarantee your booking.
Schedule of Organized Events (subject to change)
Thursday, May 23
- 11:00 am – 5:00 pm Morning Golf (optional) – (extra charge for green fees, club rentals and cart as required)
- 3:00 pm Registration open – Resort Ballroom
- 5:00 pm Reception bar open – Resort Ballroom
- 7:00 pm Welcome Social & Appetizers – Resort Ballroom
Friday, May 24
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm Show & Shine
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Open Afternoon. A variety of guided and unguided activities will be available
- 5:00 pm – Rally Orientation (for first time rallyists) – Resort
- 6:00 pm – Banquet bar open
- 7:00 pm – Banquet dinner – Resort Ballroom
Saturday, May 25
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Rally Drivers Register – Resort
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Rally Drivers Meeting – Resort
- 10:00 am – TSD Rally Drive starts – Crown Isle
- 10:15 am – Seat-of-pants Rally Drive starts – Crown Isle
- 10:30 am – Touring Class Rally Drive starts – Crown Isle
- 9:00 am – Long drive starts – Crown Isle
- 9:15 am – Short drive starts – Crown Isle
- 9:30 am – Medium drives start – Crown Isle
- 6:00 pm Banquet bar open – Resort Ballroom
- 7:00 pm Banquet dinner – Resort Ballroom
- 8:00 pm Live Auction – Resort Ballroom (charity TBD)
Sunday, May 26
- 9:30 am - 12:00 noon Cars & Coffee
- Participants depart at their leisure
- Morning Golf (optional) – tee off before 12:00 noon (extra charge for green fees, club rentals and cart as required)
- Registration Fee: $399 per person (does NOT include accommodation)
- Depending on interest, we may organize friendly games outside of the “official” weekend
- Thursday tee time would be 12:00 noon or earlier, due to Men’s Night on that day
- Golfers are also welcome to make their own arrangements with Crown Isle
- Breakfasts and Lunches
- Registration does not include breakfast nor lunch HOWEVER we are working with Crown Isle to have breakfast available for purchase at the resort every morning
- Email the organizers at email@example.com with any questions
- Everyone is responsible for making their own accommodation reservations!
** All dinners will be buffet style with a variety of options, however those with special dietary considerations are responsible for contacting the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org directly to make arrangements.**
Attendees must be current PCA members.