About this event
Chesapeake Region PCA is excited to partner with the Aberdeen Proving Ground Community and return to Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD to hold a charity autocross event for Fisher House.
What does Fisher House provide? A Fisher House is “a home away from home” for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and VA medical centers. The homes are normally located within walking distance of the treatment facility or have transportation available. There are 84 Fisher Houses located on 25 military installations and 35 VA medical centers. Many more houses are under construction or in design. Families do not pay to stay at a Fisher House. Fisher Houses have full-time salaried managers, but depend on volunteers and voluntary support to enhance daily operations and program expansion.
Autocross is a sport of navigating your car through a defined course of pylons (usually on a large parking lot) faster than your competition. Autocross courses are set up using soft orange traffic pylons which will not damage your car, but they do melt! Events are run at speeds typically between 25-50 MPH, usually in 2nd gear. Autocross is a "performance driving event" and a safe way to learn how to drive your car at its limit. You not only learn how to handle your car at speeds that you drive daily, but you also:
- Gain confidence in your driving ability
- Learn the limits of your car's brakes
- Learn correct seating, hand, and feet positions
- Learn the limits of your car's tire adhesion
Finally, Autocross is a social gathering of new and old friends and LOTS OF FUN!
- PCA Member Pre-registration Entry fee: $65 (walk-up registration $75 - spot cannot be guaranteed) with lunch provided
- Non-PCA Member Pre-Registration Entry fee: $75 (walk-up registration $85 - spot cannot be guaranteed) with lunch provided
- For those of you who are interested in autocross but aren't sure if you want to give it a try, we offer a "Taste of Autocross." For $5, you will get to ride with one or several of our instructors for several runs.
- Payment is required for pre-registration. If you do not wish to pay online, please contact the event registrar to arrange alternate registration and payment (click the 'Send a message' Organizer link).
- MSR Registration will be capped at 70 drivers. A limited number of walk-ups will be available the day of the event on a first-come first-served basis, but are not guaranteed. Exact cash and credit cards will be accepted for walk-ups on the day of the event.
Schedule: This is a rough schedule for the day of the event:
0700: The venue opens to participants
0730: Registration / Check-In opens
0745: Tech opens
0830: Course opens for walking
0850: Registration / Tech closes
0900 - 0910: Driver meeting
0910 - 0920: Novice course walk
0930: First car off
1500: Completely packed up
Prior to registering, please review the details below to help you finish the registration process.
New for 2020: Updated Porsche classes. Be sure to check your class before registering!
SCCA classes for non-Porsches: Rules and classes can be found here. During registration, you will select "Non-Porsche (using SCCA classing)" as your Class first before selecting your SCCA class in the "Modifier" field.
Porsche classes: There are four categories - Showroom stock (S), Production (P), Improved (I) and Modified (M). In summary, Showroom stock classes are cars normally delivered to the US and Canada and can have factory options specific per model year (exception being R-rated/less than 180 treadwear tires even if they were on the car as delivered). For more details, see the PCA Parade Rules. Classes have been updated for 2020:
|2014-On||Macan - All|
|1988||944 Turbo S||951|
|1992-1993||911 America Rdst||964|
|1993-1994||911 RS America||964|
|1999-2005||911 Carrera 4||996|
|2005-2012||911 Carrera 4||997|
|1999-2005||911 Carrera 4S||996|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera S||997.1|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera 4S||997.1|
|2018-On||911 Carrera T||991|
|2019-On||718 Boxster T||982|
|2019-On||718 Cayman T||982|
|2011-2012||911 Carrera GTS||997||S5||P5|
|2012-On||911 Carrera S||991|
|2014-2016||911 Carrera 4S||991|
|2015-On||911 Carrera GTS||991|
|2017-On||718 Boxster S||982|
|2017-On||718 Cayman S||982|
|2017-On||718 Boxster GTS||982|
|2017-On||718 Cayman GTS||982|
|2005-2008||911 Carrera S X51||997.1|
|2009-2012||911 Carrera S||997.2|
|2009-2012||911 Carrera 4S||997.2|
|2020-on||718 Cayman GT4||982|
|2010-2013||911 Turbo S||997|
|2014-On||911 GT3 and GT3T||991|
|2014-On||911 Turbo S||991|
|2019-On||911 Carrera S||992|
|2019-On||911 Carrera 4||992|
|2019-On||911 Carrera 4S||992|
|All||4 Cylinder - All||I||M|
|All||6 Cylinder - All|
Participants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license, but our JPP (Junior Participation Program) allows any 16-18 year old child/grandchild of an active (in good standing) PCA member to participate in autocross events providing they have a valid license (this means their license allows them to drive on the street by themselves). The parent or grandparent has to be present at the autocross, and must complete a "Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability" form. The minor participant must complete a "Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement" form. All participants must complete a “Waiver and Release of Liability" form. Copies of these forms can be found below, on the Chesapeake Region website, the national PCA website, or from the event organizers on the day of the event:
- Parental Consent, Release and Waiver of Liability form
- Minor's Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement form
Each driver must wear an "M" or "SA" rated helmet carrying a 2010 or later Snell Memorial Foundation approval sticker. For those purchasing a new helmet, a 2010 "SA" rated helmet is strongly recommended, but an "M" rated helmet is acceptable. Loaner helmets and head socks are available for new drivers.