About this event
In order to attend the FCSCC Rookie School, you must meet both these eligibility requirements:
1) You have never autocrossed before, or you competed in the FCSCC Rookie classes during 2017, or will be eligible for the Rookie classes in 2018.
2) You have not taken the FCSCC Rookie School before.
If there are any concerns about eligibility, contact Harvey Meeker at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Regular FCSCC event restrictions apply to the Rookie School. A valid driver's license is required. Under 18 requires a parental consent form (http://www.fcscc.com/parental_consent.pdf) signed on-site or on a notarized form. We have a "good neighbor" policy; all cars must be muffled and noise limits will be enforced! All cars must pass an on-site safety and tech inspection. SUVs and most pickup trucks are not eligible. The decisions of club officers are final in all cases.
No "R-Type" tires are allowed. "R-Type" tires are racing slick tires and DOT-approved tires with less than 200 treadwear rating.
Attendance will be limited based on the number of instructors available. Pre-registration is required to guarantee a spot.
Membership information is available from the FCSCC Membership Chair.
Pre-registration requests will be confirmed. You may also ask any questions about eligibility or the school by writing to email@example.com. If it is impossible for you to send an E-Mail, you may call the FCSCC Hotline at 203-520-9006 with questions or registration information.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER BY MARCH 15th!
Cost for students who pre-register is $50 for FCSCC members and $70 for non-members, including lunch. All fees are payable (cash or check) at the event. If space is available, same-day registrations at the event are $90. You may join FCSCC at the event and receive the member's discount. Membership fees are $50 (individual) or $75 (family).
- Stratford Army Engine Plant (SAEP) North lot (directions on the club schedule page)
- Check-in will open at 8:00 AM and close at 9:00 AM - late arrivals not accepted. The earlier we get started, the more seat time each student will get.
- A very limited number of loaner helmets are available, so if you have your own helmet, please bring it.
Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on course: All helmets meeting the current or two immediately preceding (i.e., 2005 or later) Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A are acceptable. Helmets meeting British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are also acceptable. DOT-rated-only helmets are not acceptable, and will be impounded for the duration of the event.
- Portable toilet facilities are available on site (restaurants and gas stations with facilities are also available near the site).
- An on-site lunch is provided.
This is an outdoor event that will run until late afternoon. The Stratford site can be very cold and windy in March -- please dress appropriately! Autocross events are normally rain or shine, but in case of severe weather an update will be e-mailed to all pre-registered participants. Any important updates will also be posted on the FCSCC web site http://www.fcscc.com and the FCSCC Autocross Hotline (203-520-9006).
Snow date is Saturday, April 14, in the North lot.
Review Kate Hughes' Glen Region SCCA Novice Handbook.
Take special note of:
- Legal Tires: ...the tires must have measurable tread, and must be in good condition. Excessive weather checks or visible cord/plies will fail inspection.
- Tire pressures should be higher than used for the street, usually 45psi-Front/35psi-Rear for a front-wheel-drive car, or 40psi all around for a rear-wheel-drive car.
- We will try to have an air pump at the site but it will save time if you inflate your tires to the specified pressures before arrival.Review other tech inspection requirements as well to ensure your car will pass.
- You will have to remove all loose items from inside your car. You may want to do this before arrival as well.
- Batteries must be held in place by hard systems (i.e., metal brackets and bolts not bungee cords).
We provide a lunch & a beverage; you may wish to bring beverages or snacks to supplement the lunch.
Eligibility for the 2018 FCSCC Rookie School is strictly limited to novices who competed in the FCSCC Rookie Classes during 2017 or will be eligible for the Rookie Classes in 2018. One may take the Rookie School only once.
This is not a test and tune day; no "R-type" tires allowed. It is also not a refresher course for people with any significant previous autocross experience. If there are any concerns about eligibility, contact Harvey Meeker at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Driver license # (must be current)
Under 18 must have parent’s approval
Helmet must be DOT approved, MA or SA 2005 or higher (We have loaners available)