About this event
The Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia (VRCBC) is very pleased to present the 2018 British Columbia Historic Motor Races (BCHMR) at Mission Raceway Park Road Course, Mission, BC on August 18 - 19, 2018.
There are four race classes for 2018:
- Vintage Closed Wheel (CW) This class for Production and Improved Production –based sedans and sports cars will have two groups: CW(A) for “Not So Fast” and CW(B) for “Fastest”.
- Vintage Open Wheel / Sports Racer (OW/SR) and Exhibition class for purpose-built racing cars.
- Formula Ford class, which has three sub-groups: Vintage FFord, Club FFord and Modern FFord
- Formula Vee class, which has two sub-groups: Vintage FVee and Modern FVee
This year features the return of the Hagerty Formula Festival and the annual ‘all-comers’ Jim Latham Memorial Race for Vintage CW sedans and sports cars, which is always a favourite of both the drivers and the spectators!
And something new for 2018; the Nations Cup Enduro. All Vintage CW entrants will be automatically entered (for no extra fee) in this fun event scheduled for the Saturday afternoon. Two car relay teams representing the country of manufacture (i.e., Britain, USA, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Japan, etc.) of their cars will be created by the organizers drawing entrant names from a hat (or more likely a helmet!). There will be as many teams as the regulated maximum number of cars on the track will allow. The results will be compiled and the ‘champion country’ determined, and there might even be some awards at the Saturday evening dinner! So go get the correct national flag decals for your racing car now!
The regular awards will again be presented for on-track performances: the Abbotsford Trophy, the Westwood Trophy, and the Pete Lovely Memorial Award. As well, there will also be:
- The Chairman's Trophy for the most outstanding entry of the race event
- The Historic Battered Cup for the entry having the most ‘shattering’ experience
- The SOVREN Canada Cup for the most significant US-based SOVREN club entry
In addition to the racing, the BCHMR will again feature the very popular Ride in a Real Racing Car in support of the VRCBC’s ‘Charity of Choice, the Mission Hospice Society. For a nominal donation, fans can go for a ride on the track in a Vintage racing car during the Saturday and Sunday lunch breaks.
Entrants / Drivers: All entries must be made through MotorsSportReg.com. The entry fees are the same for all race classes and are payable in Canadian funds.
- Basic entry fee for each driver/car combination. $385
(This basic entry fee includes: four individual passes (one driver and three crew), one support vehicle paddock pass and two tickets for the Saturday Evening Dinner event.)
- Additional fee for an already-entered driver entering another car in another class $140
(Note: If any additionally-entered cars are subsequently withdrawn leaving only one entry, the basic entry fee will apply to that remaining entry.)
- Additional fee for another driver sharing an already entered car $80
Track Workers and Other Volunteers: Members of the Sports Car Club of BC (SCCBC) and the Motorsport Emergency & Turnworkers Association (META), and other volunteers will assist with race operations. All volunteers are requested to register on MotorsportReg.com. The Volunteer sign up can be found after the Entrant section.
- The BCHMR is both a VRCBC REVS points and a SOVREN points event.
- It is a requirement of our sanctioning body (ASN Canada FIA through the CACC) that residents of Canada (regardless of their citizenship) must have the relevant competition licence from the CACC or from another acceptable Canadian sanctioning body.
- The Friday, August 17th Test & Tune (Practice) Day has a separate Entry & Registration on MotorsportReg.com.
Thank you for using the MotorsportReg.com online entry system for the BC Historic Motor Races.
1. Please read the "2018 BCHMR Entrant's Package" particularly the Supplementary Regulations, on our Event web site: www.bchmr.ca
2. If you do not already have one, create a personal account on MotorsportReg.com. Once you have an account (or if you already have one) go to the next step.
3. After you have logged in to MotorSportReg.com, click "My Account" at the top right.
4. Review your vehicle(s), making sure to enter your preferred car number(s) and your transponder number, if available.
5. Ensure your profile contains your club affiliation and competition license type.
6. Return to this page.
7. Enter the event
Note: If you have technical issues with your online entry on MotorsportReg.com, contact their Customer Support during normal business hours at 415-462-5603 or by email.
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry automatically from the MotorsportReg.com system. If you have any questions about the event, please contact the BCHMR Event Chairman, Paul Haym by email at email@example.com
Payment: Online Payment through MotorSportReg.com at registration.