About this event
Rocky Mountain Chapter BMW CCA Women's Autocross Event
Welcome to the RMCBMWCCA Women's Autocross event. This will be our first autocross exclusively for women. Participation is open to current BMWCCA members, as well as non BMWCCA members. Non-Member registration will include a year BMWCCA membership with the club.
Please verify the location of the event. Directions to each venue can be found on the RMC website under Venue Information. Please follow the turn-by-turn directions on this page. If you rely on nav software like Google Maps, etc. to get to Front Range Airport (Colorado Air and Space Port), you will most likely end up in the wrong place.
Cost: $50 Current BMW Club Members, $75 Non-BMW Club Members (including BMWCCA Membership)
Event Day Schedule (Subject to change):
- 7:00 am - Gates open, Check-in opens
- 8:15 am - Driver check-in closes
- 8:15 am . - Instructor Led Course Walk
- 8:35 am - Drivers meeting
- 9:00 am - First car off : morning session
- 11:30am - Lunch
- 12:15 pm - First car off : afternoon session
- Event Awards - upon conclusion of event
The schedule above is subject to change depending on how the event runs, weather, and other circumstances.
The morning sessions is for practice only; times will be recorded and posted but will not count towards the event results. There will be 2 to 3 runs in the morning. The afternoon session is the actual competition that will count towards your season points. The number of runs in the afternoon will be 3. Anyone stopping for a downed cone or red flag will NOT get a re-run in the morning session. Re-runs will be awarded under these circumstances during the afternoon session.
There will be a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions that will last 30-40 minutes. Lunch is provided by the club for this event. Water will be provided, but it is a good idea to bring your own water as we have been known to run out on hot days.
BBQ grills are strictly prohibited.
At the end of the event, there will be an awards ceremony in which we'll hand out awards based on the afternoon session results. Awards will be given to the top 3rd of each class. For example, a class consisting of 15 drivers will have 5 trophy positions.
Please address all questions to email@example.com
We look forward to driving with you soon!
Please make sure to class your car before proceeding to the next registration page! The classing structure has been revamped to take into consideration new cars and modifications. BMWs and MINIs are classed using the tool at http://autocross.rmcbmwcca.org/Class.php. Non-BMWs and drivers in the Expert run group are classed according to SCCA classes. Classing is on the honor system. The autocross chiefs do not police car classing. If you MAKE ANY CHANGES to your car AT ANY TIME DURING THE SEASON, we expect you re-class your car to be fair to your fellow club members. Your fellow competitors will be observant of your car classing and modification. There have been protests in the past, and misclassed cars may result in forfeiture of the driver's season points.
Please direct any classing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to autocross, please read the information page before registering.
Car Number Guidelines
As of January 1, 2017, helmets must be Snell 2010 or newer. Snell 2005 and older helmets are no longer allowed. Both full-faced or open-faced Motorcycle (M) or Special Application (SA) helmets are permitted. However, convertible or “flip-up” style motorcycle helmets are not. SFI 31.1 and FIA 8860 certified helmets are also acceptable. The club also has a few loaners available for daily rental for $10/day.
Cancellations and Refunds
Your credit card is not charged until registration closes, so cancellations can be made prior to the closing of registration with no penalty. No refunds will be given after registration has closed, unless the entire event is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. At the event, no refunds will be given for no-shows, failure to pass the technical inspection, or equipment failure.
Step-by-Step Guide to Autocross
- Class your car using the tool on the autocross website.
- Make sure that your numbers and class letters are compliant with the car numbering rules.
- Register for the event on MotorsportReg.com
- Bring water! Even if it is not hot out, you will dehydrate quickly.
- Bring lunch or cash to purchase lunch at select events when a food vendor will be present. Food vendor presence will be noted on the MotorsportReg page.
- When you arrive, check in at the registration desk and get your grid assignment. Check-in is done either at the tent or at the autocross trailer.
- Move your vehicle to your grid spot and install your numbers.
- Remove all loose items from inside your vehicle and trunk. The driver side floor mat needs to be removed (even if attached to carpet). All other floormats can remain in the car.
- Open your hood and trunk to indicate to the tech inspection team that your vehicle is ready to be inspected. If your car passed tech, the inspectors will close the hood and trunk and place a sticker on your windshield. Otherwise, a note will be left on your windshield to follow-up with the Chief of Tech.
- Participants are responsible for their own belongings. If you bring valuables, please have someone watch them while you work or run. RMC BMW CCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Every registered driver will have a work assignment during the heat in which they are not driving.
- Spectators are welcome but cannot venture onto the course.
- Members are responsible for the spectators that they bring to the event. Any issues with spectators not following the rules will result in action against the hosting member. Members, please inform your guests of the rules that we all must follow at an event.
- No racing, fast driving, or showing off in the paddock or grid. Violators will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
- No speeding on the roads leading to and from the venue. We take this rule very seriously, as violations could result in the club losing the use of the venue. Violators risk being banned from all BMW events.