About this event
Rocky Mountain Chapter BMW CCA Women's Autocross
Welcome to the 3rd Annual RMC BMW CCA Women's Autocross. This is the only autocross exclusively for women in the nation! Participation is open to current BMW CCA members 16 and older with a valid driver’s license. Non-Members are welcome to join as part of the registration process for this event. Just be sure to select the right package during registration.
This event is held at the Colorado Air and Space Port in Watkins, CO. However, map software will lead you astray so please use the directions provided on the Venue Information page of our website.
New to Autocross? Check out our Women’s Autocross page for more about what to expect at this event.
- Non-BMW CCA Members: $95. Includes a one-year membership in the BMW CCA (a 15% savings over buying them separately).
- Current BMW CCA Members: $55.
Helmets are required to drive in this event. We have several available for rent, which you can add during registration. If you are bringing your own helmet, please ensure that it meets our helmet safety requirements.
Event Day Schedule
- 7:00am Gates Open, Check-In Begins
- 8:00am Registration Closes, Grid Opens
- 8:30am Drivers Meeting
- 8:45am Course Walk
- 9:15am First Car Off, Everyone gets 2 runs
- 10:30am Second Course Walk
- 11:00am First Car Off, Everyone gets 2 runs
- 12:15pm Lunch Break
- 1:00pm First Car Off, Everyone gets 3 runs
- 3:00pm Awards & Announcements
The schedule above is subject to change depending on how the event runs, weather, and other circumstances.
We’ll have a course walk in the morning, followed by 2 runs for everyone. Once the course is cold, we’ll do another course walk so you can get a close look at the course you just ran and get guidance on how to drive faster. Then you get to do it again and drive another 2 runs.
After lunch, everyone will get 3 runs with no downtime for an additional course walk.
For those who are not new to AX, please note that this event runs differently from all of our other Autocross events. This event does not count towards your season standings.
Instructors and Ride-Alongs
We’ll have a number of seasoned instructors available to help coach you through the course, should you so desire. We’ll also have a number of experienced women autocrossers giving ride-alongs. Not only is it a ton of fun, but riding along with another driver can be extremely helpful in improving your own time!
Box lunch will be provided for all attendees and volunteers for this event. We’ll break for approximately 45 minutes after morning runs are complete. Water will be available to refill your own water bottles, but it is always a good idea to bring your own water to help stay hydrated.
BBQ grills are strictly prohibited.
At the end of the event, there will be a gathering under the tent for announcements, awards, and beverages.
Please address all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to driving with you soon!
Please make sure to class your car before proceeding to the next registration page!
Go to the Car Classing Page to determine which class to select for the car you will be driving at this event. If you are new to Autocross feel free to skip this step and simply select "I Don't Know" when prompted.
For this event, we will have only 3 groups. Please select the one that best matches your experience with Autocross:
- A - Novices (0-2 Autocross Events)
- B - Intermediate (3-6 Autocross Events)
- X - Experienced (7+ Autocross Events)
Please select the class that suits your car and the group that suits you best during the next step.
Please direct any classing questions to email@example.com
If you are new to autocross, check out our Women’s Autocross page for more about what to expect at this event.
Car Number Guidelines
Car numbers and class letters must be compliant with our documented guidelines. If you do not have numbers, we will provide them for you when you check-in at the registration table. They’ll need to be taped on with painter’s tape.
As of January 1, 2022, helmets must be Snell 2015 or newer. Snell 2010 and older helmets are no longer allowed. Both full-faced or open-faced Motorcycle (M) or Special Application (SA) helmets are permitted. However, convertible or “flip-up” style motorcycle helmets are not. The following is a list of acceptable helmet certifications for 2022.
- SA2015, SA2020, M2015, M2020
- SFI 31.1/2015, SFI 31.1/2020
- SFI 41.1/2015, SFI 41.1/2020
- For FIA 8860 helmets, there is an expiration date on the sticker in or on the helmet
The club also has a few helmets available for rent for $15/day.
Cancellations and Refunds
Your credit card is not charged until registration closes, so cancellations can be made prior to the closing of registration with no penalty. No refunds will be given after registration has closed unless the entire event is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. At the event, no refunds will be given for no-shows, failure to pass the technical inspection, or equipment failure.
Step-by-Step Guide to Autocross
- Register for the event on MotorsportReg.com
- Bring water! Even if it is not hot out, you will dehydrate quickly.
- When you arrive, check in at the registration desk near the blue and white tent to get your grid assignment.
- Move your vehicle to your grid spot and install your numbers.
- Remove all loose items from inside your vehicle and trunk. The driver side floor mat needs to be removed (even if attached to carpet). All other floormats can remain in the car.
- Open your hood and trunk to indicate to the tech inspection team that your vehicle is ready to be inspected. If your car passed tech, the inspectors will close the hood and trunk and place a sticker on your windshield. Otherwise, a note will be left on your windshield to follow-up with the Chief of Tech.
- Participants are responsible for their own belongings. RMC BMW CCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Spectators are welcome but cannot venture onto the course.
- Members are responsible for the spectators that they bring to the event. Any issues with spectators not following the rules will result in action against the hosting member. Members, please inform your guests of the rules that we all must follow at an event.
- No racing, fast driving, or showing off in the paddock or grid. Violators will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
- No speeding on the roads leading to and from the venue. We take this rule very seriously, as violations could result in the club losing the use of the venue. Violators risk being banned from all BMW events.